Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

If Britt Lower gets nominated I’ll probably predict Severance to be winning Series because I honestly feel we’re all delusional to even consider she has a chance of getting nominated…

True, If Lower gets in for doing nothing then Severance is a massive threat for the win

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

True, If Lower gets in for doing nothing then Severance is a massive threat for the win

We clearly watched different shows.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

We clearly watched different shows.

Not really, she didn’t have a strong performance imo, however, I want to see what the show does with her during S2, the season finale left the door open for an explosive character development for her (same case for Linskey in Yellowjackets)

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Severance is the only show that has the chance of beating Succession (and I’d be happy if it happens). Squid Game won’t do it.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Britt Lower has the best performance on Severance, hands down. The final reveal is only the cherry on the cake.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

The comparison I’ve been making in my head to justify Fabian beyond him being more deserving than Dalton (to me, accents aside) this season and Mando only appearing in three episodes is I get Jared Harris vibes from Fabian this season when he got a surprise nomination for season 4 of Mad Men or even the season Josh Charles got killed off on The Good Wife. If Mando lasted until the finale is probably be picking him as well.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I’m one of the few here who will agree with this 💀 she does a perfectly fine job, but the disproportionate praise for that performance surprises me.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

This hostility will not stand man.

I think Scott and Turturro deserve Wins. Lower deserves a nomination by I would give the win to Linney or Lynskey but she definitely had the material to win.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I’m one of the few here who will agree with this 💀 she does a perfectly fine job, but the disproportionate praise for that performance surprises me.

Thank you, I don’t hate her performance, I liked it, she was good but the praise she got on this site was too much.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I get Jared Harris vibes from Fabian this season when he got a surprise nomination for season 4 of Mad Men or even the season Josh Charles got killed off on The Good Wife.

Mad Men was a 4 time (and incumbent) drama series Emmy winner and Josh Charles already had a prior nomination for The Good Wife. Comparatively Better Call Saul hasn’t even manage to be able to get the most acclaimed drama supporting performance on television a single nomination.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Mad Men was a 4 time (and incumbent) drama series Emmy winner and Josh Charles already had a prior nomination for The Good Wife. Comparatively Better Call Saul hasn’t even manage to be able to get the most acclaimed drama supporting performance on television a single nomination.

Once again not meant to be an exact comparison. Just in terms of an underappreciated performance being elevated by the characters death. I do think Saul will overperform this year and that also motivates the nomination. Ultimately, I feel like this year will be different.

I have Seehorn getting nominated this year too. I am bullish on it. If she isn’t nominated this year then I agree Fabian isn’t making it. But I can see voters overcompensating after the previous snubs. Especially after Odenkirk nearly died for this season.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Y’all reminded me how both Jared Harris and Josh Charles should have WON for their respectively seasons but were done dirty.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I stand by Aaron Paul.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I do think people are conflating Lower’s overall season performance with her performance in the final episode – and I say this because she was rarely mentioned here prior to the finale even by her most loyal fans – but I’m also not sure that matters (the gold standard example here being Julianne Nicholson last year).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Once again not meant to be an exact comparison. Just in terms of an underappreciated performance being elevated by the characters death. I do think Saul will overperform this year and that also motivates the nomination. Ultimately, I feel like this year will be different. I have Seehorn getting nominated this year too. I am bullish on it. If she isn’t nominated this year then I agree Fabian isn’t making it. But I can see voters overcompensating after the previous snubs. Especially after Odenkirk nearly died for this season.

I just don’t think it really works as a comparison at all with all due respect even if it should when we’re talking about the merits of the performance itself. Both Harris and Charles were on shows that were much bigger players with the actors branch and both of them competed when voters were restricted in how many choices they were allowed to make on the nominating ballot. With the voting system being radically different from what it was in 2014, the branch having been historically apathetic towards Better Call Saul I just don’t see how they would nominate Fabian if they aren’t caught up with the season never mind Plan and Execution as an episode and they already having two established perennial favourites from the show in Banks and Esposito.

I do hope Better Call Saul does perform as well as your inklings about it doing though because I really can’t remember the last time I’ve been so shaken(?) by a season of television before. As unhealthy as it may be I’m probably going to be thinking about Plan and Execution non stop until Tuesday lol.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.