Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 19)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 512 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
probablyROB
kat_ebbs
wolfali

• Babygirl
    Topics:

Supporting Actress is fucking me up a bit, I feel like you could make a case for most of the contenders and I’m lowkey not sure about Squid Game taking 2 acting awards (because I don’t think it’s top 2 for series)

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Predix
    Topics:

Millie Bobby Brown should’ve been placed in Lead Actress. The term Supporting usually only fits child actors and she was too old to fit that bill. It was completely a fraud and regressive and I always wondered why she was placed in that category when she was obviously the Lead of the series. It was a misopportunity in their part and she could’ve been a possible threat to win.

diego
    Topics:

There will never be another category as good as this one.

View post on imgur.com

Predix
    Topics:

Zendaya might just win it again atp lol. For Drama Series Succesion is easily winning. The only thing that could possibly harm them would be vote splitting and that could benefit Squid Game in the acting categories. In Writing and Directing its all gonna be Succession.

Congrats to Zendaya on her 2nd lead actress Emmy award. Don’t really see anyone else winning.

This.

Babygirl
    Topics:

There’s absolutely no doubt about that! I was just pointing out that it wouldn’t be the first time someone was forecasted to repeat but then doesn’t even though everything on paper was in their favor. I do think Lynskey and, perhaps to a lesser extent, Linney are still in this race. It’s easy to overlook, but Ozark does have exactly as many acting noms as Euphoria and finally broke through outside of its core trio. But I did predict Zendaya over Linney in 2020 and might do so again.

Fair point, but Ozark only had 1 overperformance in acting vs Euphoria having 3.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

winslets
    Topics:
    crabbie
    Topics:

Zendaya’s sophomore season upgrade from a series that wasn’t even nominated for Best Drama to now being nominated seems like more of a substantial upgrade than Atlanta, THT, and Maisel’s BTL and acting upgrades since the previous seasons of the series were already nominated in Drama/Comedy. Zendaya won 2 years ago when she was her show’s sole ATL nomination. Her show is much stronger now and has both industry strength and general public strength unlike her other competitors.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

Sean C
    Topics:

There will never be another category as good as this one.

https://imgur.com/9jOqut2/embed?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.goldderby.com%2Fforum%2Ftv%2Femmys-2022-predictions-drama-categories-part-19%2Fpage%2F15%2F&w=493
    //s.imgur.com/min/embed.js

Who is most likely to consolidate the Succession vote, or does Domingo take this?

wolfali
    Topics:

For some reason my “rank the 2022 Emmy nominees” thread was deleted so I wanted to ask, how would you guys rank the drama nominees by personal preference?

For me:

Drama Series:

1. Severance
    2. Better Call Saul
    3. Succession
    4. Ozark
    5. Yellowjackets
    6. Stranger Things
    7. Squid Game

Haven’t seen: Euphoria

Drama Performances:

1. Sarah Snook, Succession
    2. Rhea Seehorn, Better Call Saul
    3. Adam Scott, Severance
    4. Brian Cox, Succession
    5. Lee Jung-Jae, Squid Game
    6. Laura Linney, Ozark
    7. Matthew Macfadyen, Succession
    8. Julia Garner, Ozark
    9. Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets
    10. Kieran Culkin, Succession
    11. Patricia Arquette, Severance
    12. Billy Crudup, The Morning Show
    13. Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    14. Park Hae-Soo, Squid Game
    15. John Turturro, Severance
    16. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
    17. Melanie Lynskey, Yellowjackets
    18. Jason Bateman, Ozark
    19. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    20. Jung Ho-yeon, Squid Game
    21. Oh Yeong-su, Squid Game
    22. Jeremy Strong, Succession
    23. Reese Witherspoon, The Morning Show
    24. J Smith-Cameron, Succession
    25. Christopher Walken, Severance
    26. Nicholas Braun, Succession

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

JV
    Topics:

It didn’t strike me when I saw the nominees, but Directing is REALLY wide open in my opinion. I think all 4 non Succession shows stand a chance.

(And what I freaking fantastic category)

Ozark is beloved by directors and could have a goodbye win. Jason Bateman is pretty respected by the branch.

Severance is the hot new show and its direction is extremely showy and Ben Stiller is also someone who is beloved by his peers.

Squid Game is showy and it has a massive narrative in its creator.

Yellowjackets is behind the first three, but I think it also stands a chance to be a surprise winner with Karyn Kusama being an industry veteran.

Writing is pretty wrapped up for Succession so this one will be interesting to see.

fvg627
    Topics:

For some reason my “rank the 2022 Emmy nominees” thread was deleted so I wanted to ask, how would you guys rank the drama nominees by personal preference?  

1. Succession S3 (9/10)
    2. Better Call Saul S6A (8/10)
    3. Severance S1 (7/10)
    4. Euphoria S2 (7/10)
    5. Squid Game S1 (6/10)
    6. Yellowjackets S1 (6/10)
    7. Stranger Things S4A (6/10)

Haven’t caught up with Ozark yet. Ranks 3-7 were tough, I really did enjoy all of these seasons

fvg627
    Topics:

It didn’t strike me when I saw the nominees, but Directing is REALLY wide open in my opinion. I think all 4 non Succession shows stand a chance.  

Succession could win here too. Remember it won last time with vote splitting, plus the less expected episode won meaning it likely finished 1 and 2. Of course there’s three episodes nominated this time around, but who on earth would vote for The Disruption? (not to say it isn’t well directed). What really helps it is there’s no clear alternative, and I think that voters not wanting to reward succession will definitely be split between The We We Are and Red Light Green Light.

JV
    Topics:

Succession could win here too. Remember it won last time with vote splitting, plus the less expected episode won meaning it likely finished 1 and 2. Of course there’s three episodes nominated this time around, but who on earth would vote for The Disruption? (not to say it isn’t well directed). What really helps it is there’s no clear alternative, and I think that voters not wanting to reward succession will definitely be split between The We We Are and Red Light Green Light.

There wasn’t really much competition for Succession in 2020. Ozark and The Crown also had multiple nominees and no way they would give it to non Series nominees like The Morning Show and Homeland.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.