Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 511 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean, it’s not like the person who won that TCA category is nominated for the Emmy. If we’re to look at the results of these TCA nominations religiously then every single comedy contender aside from Abbott Elementary has found itself out of the series race yesterday and I think we can all agree that’s not the case because of the different making of the fields.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I mean, it’s not like the person who won that TCA category is nominated for the Emmy.  

That’s exactly my point. They had a chance to push Melanie especially since her biggest competitor wasn’t there and went with a non factor in the race instead.

I never said she was out of the race, I still have her second but I’m starting to doubt her winning a bit more.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Sorry but it says a lot that the people who are supposed to be most passionate about Melanie would rather give Mandy a pity win than try and push for a Melanie win.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Linskey’s main push came from the critics since the show premiered, TCA going for Moore (who never got a massive critics support till now) over her was a little surprising, is it the end for her? No, but it’s interesting none the less.

I know Yellowjackets did better than expected at the Emmys but so did Euphoria. Right now, Zendaya is likely to repeat unless Linskey’s support as an unrewarded veteran actress is bigger that giving another Emmy to Zendaya.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Moore, not Lynksey, was the critics push ever since the last episodes of This Is Us aired, basically every publication wrote an article specifically praising her and the TCA win proves it.

Ive said it before but people really overestimate that critics choice win for Lynskey and make her stronger than she is.

Zendaya should be winning the Emmy and the TCA win for Mandy indicate what I already thought, she would have been Zendaya’s biggest threat had she been nominated.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Sorry but it says a lot that the people who are supposed to be most passionate about Melanie would rather give Mandy a pity win than try and push for a Melanie win.

Sorry why are the critics supposedly the only ones that are passionate about Lynskey? The industry has long been pushing Yellowjackets itself, something which was illustrated last month when the show got nominations across all the major branches. Ricci even got in where she couldn’t at CCA.

I am still predicting Zendaya due to the Euphoria upswing but the idea that Lynskey is losing because she lost TCA to someone who couldn’t even make the Emmys is farcical.

Profile picture
    Thiago
    Topics:

No surprise, people here love to give weight to things that don’t actually matter, a read of the submissions thread says it all.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Ive said it before but people really overestimate that critics choice win for Lynskey and make her stronger than she is.

Preach

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Linney takes it à la Olivia Colman

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I agree with both camps on this Lynskey debate. The TCA loss was not a killing blow, but I do also think that she’s been overestimated, both at TCA and the Emmys. I was never convinced at her chances of winning the former, and I’m still not for the latter. Yellowjackets has proven itself to be much more successful than I’d expected (to my great pleasure because I ADORE that show), but I still think she’s third in this race, behind Linney and Zendaya.

Of the last five Drama Actress winners, only two were nominated at TCA the year they won (Moss and Comer), and that’s all they were: nominated. That body does not have a good track record with predicting this category.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I don’t think Lynskey losing in a category whose makeup is completely different from that of her Emmy category, at an awards show that shares zero membership overlap with the academy means that much — especially when she is the only person from her category to have even landed a nomination here. Mandy Moore getting a farewell hug when it was obvious that journalists and critics were pushing her hard really shouldn’t be that surprising.

Not the same thing, but I’m just getting flashbacks to last year when people tried to argue that Mare winning without Kate Winslet meant Kate was weaker than the show and thus wasn’t winning the Emmy…

I don’t know if Lynskey will ultimately be able to beat Zendaya, but she 100 percent has industry support. Just check the comments under her IG post in which she acknowledged her nomination. I have also seen countless actors offer her their felicitations.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The only performer who would have beaten Zendaya would be a critical darling and TCA couldn’t even award Lynskey. Zendaya has much more industry support as a previous winner and she is Zendaya. Euphoria doesn’t rely on critics support as much as Yellowjackets.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Likewise who on earth even knows where those voters who would have voted for Moore had she been nominated here will even go without her in the race. I agree with the comment on the previous page that Succession beating Severance when both were essentially on an equal pedestal with critics is a testament to how strong it is but this TCA category is as useless as last year’s one (where MJ Rodriguez was the only drama actress nominee) in telling us what will happen in drama actress because Lynskey will be facing none of the people she faced there. The same would apply if it were Zendaya or Linney who were in a similar situation.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Linney takes it à la Olivia Colman

Same, but I was thinking more like “à la Claire Foy”.

I’m honestly considering this top 3 right now:

1. Melanie Lynskey
    2. Laura Linney
    3. Zendaya

Zendaya just doesn’t feel strong enough to repeat. But I do think if she didn’t win last time, she would be winning this time maybe in a landslide, largely also by how the show itself performed with 16 nominations overall

A Melanie win makes so much sense, especially considering how these Lead Drama categories have been going by the past few years with the Billy Porter, Claire Foy, Jodie Comer etc wins. On top of all that, Yellowjackets had no considerable miss and even made in for Directing which was huge.

Linney is the option if we think that neither voters feel passionate enough to vote for Melanie or to give Zendaya a second trophy, which is something I am seriously considering.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

The only performer who would have beaten Zendaya would be a critical darling and TCA couldn’t even award Lynskey. Zendaya has much more industry support as a previous winner and she is Zendaya. Euphoria doesn’t rely on critics support as much as Yellowjackets.

I am not sure what you mean here. How can you even gauge who has more industry support? Zendaya being a previous winner doesn’t mean she has more support than Lynskey, who has never been eligible for this role.

Also, why does Yellowjackets need critics’ support to win something when the academy clearly liked it? A genuine question.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.