Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 511 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

The only performer who would have beaten Zendaya would be a critical darling and TCA couldn’t even award Lynskey. Zendaya has much more industry support as a previous winner and she is Zendaya. Euphoria doesn’t rely on critics support as much as Yellowjackets.

You say like Yellowjackets is just a critics show. The critics helped to grow buzz around it, yes, absolutely, but after it got all the Emmy nominations it got we cannot deny the show also has industry support.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Reese Witherspoon at the Emmys after we’ve spent the entire month arguing over Linney, Lynskey and Zendaya:

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Reese Witherspoon at the Emmys after we’ve spent the entire month arguing over Linney, Lynskey and Zendaya

She should be winning.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Because Zendaya on her own is too big of a juggernaut to be overtaken by someone who couldn’t even win at TCA and whose only substantial win is…Critics Choice. Zendaya is adored by the acting branch and so was Euphoria with its 4 acting nominations and nomination upgrade from season 1.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Just check the comments under her IG post in which she acknowledged her nomination. I have also seen countless actors offer her their felicitations.

But this applies to Zendaya as well?

Quick scroll through and I can see Hoyeon Jung, Mark Ruffalo, Yara Shahidi, Cynthia Erivo, Lena Waithe, Jameela Jamil and several other congratulating her.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

But this applies to Zendaya as well? Quick scroll through and I can see Hoyeon Jung, Mark Ruffalo, Yara Shahidi, Cynthia Erivo, Lena Waithe, Jameela Jamil and several other congratulating her.

Never doubted that she had industry support (again, I predicted her win in 2020 when she was 4th in our odds). I was just questioning the theory that Lynskey’s chances are contigent on critics’ support when the industry is clearly behind her.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Reese Witherspoon at the Emmys after we’ve spent the entire month arguing over Linney, Lynskey and Zendaya:

The way I would actually vote for her out of this line up…

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

First off, Melanie is not a critics juggernaut and I don’t think anyone thought she was a lock or even the safe frontrunner to win the TCA.

Also, she didn’t lose to someone with mid passion like Michael Keaton or Lee Jung-jae, she lost to one of the most critically talked performances of the season who is not even competititon to her at the Emmys.

I predicted Mandy Moore to win to TCA and since day 1 am predicting Melanie to win the Emmy as well.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

queen zendaya is coming to collect her things!!!!!!

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I don’t get the Zendaya isn’t strong enough to repeat argument when Euphoria completely overperformed.. (including with actors) that Martha Kelly nom is very telling when she’s barely in the show and was most prominent in the episode Zendaya chose.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

So Lynskey is entering the race with only a Critics Choice win and is facing against someone whose show has more acting branch support, is on one of the most watched series of 2022, has HBO behind them, and is one of the biggest stars in Hollywood. And this is ignoring the fact that Zendaya’s performance is more loud and baity compared to Lynskey’s subtle performance. Yeah a TCA win would have given Lynskey a higher chance and more buzz, but right now she’s entering the race with almost nothing.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I don’t get the Zendaya isn’t strong enough to repeat argument

I haven’t seen anyone make this argument. Seems like most have her in their top 2 predictions. The only thing anyone is saying is she isn’t a lock. No one is.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

At the end of the day I will be happy for whoever takes it because I loved all of these performances

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

At the end of the day I will be happy for whoever takes it because I loved all of these performances

Same. I’ve watched all three of their performances from this cycle and they’re all splendid. Personally rooting for Linney, but none of these ladies would be a bad winner whatsoever.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Linney takes it à la Olivia Colman

I’m hoping this happens.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.