Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 511 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Uzo Aduba is like the only industry heavyweight listed there, I guess if Evan Mock praises Zendaya I should list it.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Uzo Aduba is like the only industry heavyweight listed there, I guess if Evan Mock praises Zendaya I should list it.

Rose Byrne is literally a 2 time Emmy and 2 time Golden Globe nominee (as well as a Volpi cup winner) and Murray Bartlett is the frontrunner to win a major above the line Emmy this year. They’re not nobodies lol.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Rose Byrne is literally a 2 time Emmy nominee (and Volpi cup winner) and Murray Bartlett is the frontrunner to win a major above the line Emmy this year lol.

That doesn’t make either industry darlings or heavily respected, and even if Bartlett is the frontrunner this is like his breakout with awards. I like both but please.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    Anna Delvey
    Topics:

So are you suggesting that only heavy weights are Emmy voters? Because I can guarantee you that that’s not the case. Also, industry is industry.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Rose Byrne is literally a 2 time Emmy and 2 time Golden Globe nominee (as well as a Volpi cup winner) and Murray Bartlett is the frontrunner to win a major above the line Emmy this year. They’re not nobodies lol.

No one said they were nobodies. The only thing we said was that Uzo was the only industry heavyweight who commented, which she is.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Anna Delvey
    Topics:

Literally what does that have to do with anything? Not being a heavyweight does not exclude you from the industry — or the TV academy.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Literally what does that have to do with anything? Not being a heavyweight does not exclude you from the industry — or the TV academy.

Because the difference is that Zendaya has several actual heavyweights stanning her.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I mean, there’s a reason why when we discuss Oscar races every year, we don’t post “This costume designer stanned this performance, she is coming!” compared to actual darlings and heavily respected people who have more influence. I wasn’t saying everyone but Uzo are nobodies, but naming people like Jane Levy and others who have minor roles in shows isn’t that convincing compared to actual Emmy and Oscar winners praising Zendaya.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

“My instagram stans are bigger than your instagram stans” well I think we’ve just broken the code ladies and gentlemen.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

“My instagram stans are bigger than your instagram stans” well I think we’ve just broken the code ladies and gentlemen.

I’m talking about a group that includes Emmy and Oscar winners, y’all are talking about the lead of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist but okay.

Let’s not act like this site hasn’t posted about award winners praising their faves at the Oscars every year lmao.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    Anna Delvey
    Topics:

It absolutely matters when actors praise actors, regardless of status. They’re still industry. Of course It Girl Zendaya will get more comments on her IG. Not all TV academy members in the acting branch are A-Listers though…

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

It absolutely matters when actors praise actors, regardless of status.

Except for when it’s actors praising Zendaya apparently.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Of course It Girl Zendaya will get more comments on her IG.

Why are you acting like I’m talking about random stans on Twitter???? To suggest that the praise around her means nothing just because she’s an it girl is nonsense, they aren’t obligated to do that.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean the false notion that it was never implied that the opinions of 11 actors with prolific CVs that boast multiple Tony, Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG award nominations and wins’ opinions are useless purely because they’re not household names or familiar to the user who questioned their industry status aside…

How on earth is Rose Byrne of all people not an industry heavyweight lol? She’s appeared in 4 Oscar nominated features and 8 Emmy nominated series (two of which were series nominees in which she was a co-lead on and received 2nd billing for) and since 2015 her films have grossed a total of more than $1.5 billion at the global box office. She also has multiple major and prestigious film, television and theatre awards including 2 Emmy nominations, 2 Golden Globe nominations and a Volpi Cup win.

The fact that most of these people who are voting for these awards aren’t “industry heavyweights” or household names aside, the notion that her stature is on the same level as a 7th billed actor on a polarising reboot of Gossip Girl or any less than pretty much any of the people (sans Ruffalo) who users in this thread have named in order to show how much industry support Zendaya has, which I don’t think anyone doubts she has a lot of, is just factually incorrect lol.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

All this talk concerning whom of Zendaya, Lynskey, and Linney will win would be retrospectively hilarious if Sandra Oh finally gets her Emmy in September:

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.