Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 511 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Hoyeon remains unbothered

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I’m sorry but do people actually think Rhea Seehorn will win? She’s my personal winner, I love her performance and she would be very deserving, but come on. It’s not happening. Her show has never won an Emmy. She’s up against a two-time winner, a previous nominee and an actress from the buzziest and most popular new show of the season.

I would definitely consider it an upset, but the buzz, the acclaim, and now the actual nomination (lol) are there

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I’m sorry but do people actually think Rhea Seehorn will win? She’s my personal winner, I love her performance and she would be very deserving, but come on. It’s not happening. Her show has never won an Emmy. She’s up against a two-time winner, a previous nominee and an actress from the buzziest and most popular new show of the season.

I don’t think she is winning, but she should be ahead of, at least, Sarah Snook, who already lost SAG to Jung Ho-yeon and the Emmy last time to an even less baity performance by Julia Garner in Ozark.

Seehorn also plays a very sympathetic character on tv most’s popular show right now. Add to all that she had a “One of Us” type of episode this week. Whether she will be Elizabeth Mitchell’d or not is TBD.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I don’t think she is winning, but she should be ahead of, at least, Sarah Snook, who already lost SAG to Jung Ho-yeon and the Emmy last time to an even less baity performance by Julia Garner in Ozark.

Seehorn should be ahead of Snook because Snook lost to Garner at the Emmys for a previous season, and lost to HoYeon at SAG?

It took Seehorn six seasons to finally break into the category at the Emmys, and she’s never been nominated at SAG while Snook got in with a supporting performance (she’s no more of a lead than Seehorn). While I find Snook’s win chances unlikely for a number of reasons, I think people are dismissing her support base. She will get a lot of votes – her show is so much stronger with actors than Better Call Saul is.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Imagine the shock, if everyone predicting succession guys or Squid Game actor getting Best actor and envelope says Bob O. For Better call Saul. One thing is working for them is final episodes are airing during voting time. Fresher in mind. And you know half of voting would probably think that they are voting for final episodes not considering that it qualifies for next Emmy’s

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I don’t think she is winning, but she should be ahead of, at least, Sarah Snook, who already lost SAG to Jung Ho-yeon and the Emmy last time to an even less baity performance by Julia Garner in Ozark. Seehorn also plays a very sympathetic character on tv most’s popular show right now. Add to all that she had a “One of Us” type of episode this week. Whether she will be Elizabeth Mitchell’d or not is TBD.

I hope I don’t sound at all like I’m sealioning, asking in bad faith whatsoever, or dunking on Seehorn, whom I’m very happy for; more-so to understand your perspective. How would Seehorn be ahead of Snook at this stage? Snook being a previous nominee and also in the Series frontrunner that exploded in acting noms would make her more likely for the win, no? Or is your opinion more empirical, in the sense that Seehorn seems to have an upsurge of passion at the right time that Snook arguably doesn’t seem to comparatively possess, which therefore puts her ahead? I myself am considering Seehorn for the win, but at this time  I’m somewhat hesitant in saying that she’d otherwise be more likely than Snook (or any of the current top three in the odds).

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    beanie
    Topics:

This isn’t related to the current discussion, but I recently started ‘Yellowjackets’ and it is simply sensational. I should have listened to the raves earlier!

The entire cast is fantastic. Excellent performances all around. Lynskey and Ricci give win-worthy performances, and Cypress and Lewis give Emmy worthy work as well in my opinion. The entire younger cast is brilliant too. Undoubtedly one of the best ensembles on television right now. Something I think we don’t talk about enough is how in sync the performances are of the same character by different actors. The transitions and interactions between characters are so natural.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Predicting Lynskey to win! She doesn’t have the passion the way Abbott has or previous winners like Jodie had but with way less obstacle, competition, and a gradual increase in buzz (along with having goodwill amongst the acting branch) – why not? Also, yes everyone loves Zendaya (me too) but don’t see them rewarding Zendaya with a second win this soon.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

I will be ecstatic if Reese wins! Far from happening but her performance does have some passion to have outvoted Aniston despite doing zero campaigning prior to nominations

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

I will be ecstatic if Reese wins! Far from happening but her performance does have some passion to have outvoted Aniston despite doing zero campaigning prior to nominations

She would be my personal winner! I keep coming back to that performance.

I don’t think she’ll win, but I do think once again she’s underestimated in the odds and should come above the KE ladies, if nothing else. And it frustrates me to no end that critics continue to basically not mention her — after ignoring her as a nominee contender and then being wrong!

Meanwhile, I keep seeing a new Lynskey interview every day (and reading them all bc I love her), and feeling more and more like that could really happen. (Edit: Actually, I’m predicting her… she’s just everywhere right now.)

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Wait, there’s people that actually think Zendaya doesn’t deserve her soon to be 2nd Emmy win this year?

Yes.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Before nominations were announced, someone wise on here said that our general consensus for series was skewing too “adult male” and that we were forgetting all about the women’s dramas, which I found rather convincing (leading to me switching late in the piece to TMS, Mandy Moore, SKB, to my chagrin, but also to Christina Ricci so yay).

Looking now at the drama series and lead actress nominees, I am reminded of this. With only one very women-centric/feminist show nominated, does this help Yellowjackets? Maybe not in series given the strong frontrunner, but in other categories – especially lead actress for Lynskey, leveraging the support from women voters, even against other women nominees from male skewing shows? After all, there is no TMS, THT, The Crown, This is Us, Killing Eve or Bridgerton in the mix for series, and we have seen how limited series and comedy series have shifted strongly to women’s stories in recent years. It’s for this reason that I also think Reese, Crudup and Ricci’s chances are better than the odds are reflecting.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think she has a chance winning but I’m still trying to reconcile how Reese actually managed to get in without Aniston lol. Had she been nominated for season 1 of The Morning Show I would have understood how considering the nominations round of voting reflects a different orders when it comes to preferred candidates (i.e. Samira Wiley getting in over Ann Dowd in 2020 even though Dowd was a previous winner in that category, Giancarlo Esposito getting in over Jonathan Banks in spite of the latter having more nominations overall for Better Call Saul etc).

But that wasn’t the case here nor was it that The Morning Show necessarily flopped in nominations even though it did under-perform in retrospect to how it performed in 2020. Did voters just really like Reese’s performance that much more than Aniston’s?

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

Did voters just really like Reese’s performance that much more than Aniston’s?

Yes, I think it’s as simple as that! I’m guessing Aniston was close behind, and that Reese was close behind the year before, so that the difference was truly in the performances and how much they struck chords vs. whether they were high quality, which they both were. I mean, just speaking for myself and a small number of others I’ve talked to, I think there is a group of people for whom Reese evoking the emotions of (a) dealing with addiction and mental health issues of loved ones or (b) being outed really hit home. Or both! She nailed both, in my opinion. (though I still can’t believe “A Private Person” wasn’t her submission…)

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

More so, how is Reese behind Comer and Oh in the odds? Not only was their show pilloried, but they have a chance of splitting votes. Even though Comer is a former winner, it doesn’t make sense for Reese to be last. Okay she’s a repeated non-winner, but she’s obviously hugely popular.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.