Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 511 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

You’re not a woman so I literally do not care at all what you think about women’s voting patterns and interests.

Also a bit rich coming from you, you’re always agressively pushing your own niche agenda and self-interest.

Conclusion: this forum is full of people who call each other sis and queen and girl (and even babygirl 👀 ) but actually have no idea about real adult women and probably don’t know any. Think on that. Like, really think about yourselves and your ignorance right now. Not even willing to listen to a woman. Just a bunch of men and boys shouting down. The issues, wow, the issues.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m interested as to what will win casting. Succession makes the most sense if it indeed has drama series on lock but both Severance and Yellowjackets feel like the type of passion picks the casting branch sometimes diverts towards (When They See Us, Stranger Things etc).

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Yellowjackets really should be winning casting.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I’m predicting Yellowjackets to win Casting. It’s arguably the baitiest casting achievement of the category and it did land a Directing nomination. Even if it’s not winning Drama series, I think it can easily pull a Stranger Things/When They See Us.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Yellowjackets really should be winning casting.

I do hope so, but the power of these two:

It’s not often you can introduce two new characters in season 4 that burst out of the gates as fan favourites.

Plus stunt casting Freddie Kruger himself … and the Sadie Sink of it all….

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I do hope so, but the power of these two:  

And what about them..? The women from Yellowjackets easily outsold.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Yellowjackets should EASILY be winning Casting. They didn’t just create one iconic ensemble, they created two, that were equal in talent (an incredibly rare feat for younger-older groups) and had near-perfect synchronicity in matching performances.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Read the first line of my post before you jump straight to sass

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I don’t really get the hype around Joseph Quinn. He was definitely good, and the nature of his character allowed for a showier performance than most of the other teens on the show, but I think deranged (horny) TikTok and Twitter stans have created this hype around a performance that doesn’t quite deserve it. Maybe I’m just tired of hearing Eddie’s name over and over again online, but he did his job and that was that.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I don’t really get the hype around Joseph Quinn. He was definitely good, and the nature of his character allowed for a showier performance than most of the other teens on the show, but I think deranged (horny) TikTok and Twitter stans have created this hype around a performance that doesn’t quite deserve it. Maybe I’m just tired of hearing Eddie’s name over and over again online, but he did his job and that was that.

He’s good and I really liked his performance (and indeed it is good casting) but he feels like a good example of how clickbait on big, young trending shows overamplifies things wildly.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Every single other nominee outsold

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I think I’m gonna go on a limb here and predict Rhea Seehorn.

Last night at the HCA Awards she was probably the most clapped, the Abbott Elementary table cheered so hard after she won. She is peaking at the right time and seem to have Industry support.

I feel there’s no urgency at all to reward Garner once again. Snook could totally win a la Tobias Menzies if Succession smashes hard like The Crown did last year, but again, I don’t feel Succession is gonna smash hard. It’s probably gonna do WELL and that’s it. The Crown also had no competition.

Jung Ho-yeon is the one I’m more skeptical about. She won SAG, which is great and definetely should make her the frontrunner (but somehow she is 3rd at the odds?). However, Squid Game underperformed so hard (missing FOUR category it made at the guilds is a big underperformance on my books, idc how many other noms it has). In addition to that, I think it’s worth mentioning that the other S. Actress was snubbed despite another S. Actor getting in. Squid Game awards run just feel… inconsistent.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

I do hope so, but the power of these two: .

The way Twitter has been hijacked in last 2 months by fans of these two white characters who did nothing but bare minimum is the worst. I can’t

Profile picture
    beanie
    Topics:

I think I’m gonna go on a limb here and predict Rhea Seehorn.

Last night at the HCA Awards she was probably the most clapped, the Abbott Elementary table cheered so hard after she won. She is peaking at the right time and seem to have Industry support.

I feel there’s no urgency at all to reward Garner once again. Snook could totally win a la Tobias Menzies if Succession smashes hard like The Crown did last year, but again, I don’t feel Succession is gonna smash hard. It’s probably gonna do WELL and that’s it. The Crown also had no competition.

Jung Ho-yeon is the one I’m more skeptical about. She won SAG, which is great and definetely should make her the frontrunner (but somehow she is 3rd at the odds?). However, Squid Game underperformed so hard (missing FOUR category it made at the guilds is a big underperformance on my books, idc how many other noms it has). In addition to that, I think it’s worth mentioning that the other S. Actress was snubbed despite another S. Actor getting in. Squid Game awards run just feel… inconsistent.

Great points! I’m considering predicting her as well, and it does seem significant that she won over Sarah Snook. While Garner’s performance does have acclaim and passion (and I honestly wouldn’t mind if she won again), I don’t know if I completely buy her winning a third time. Seehorn definitely has a lot of things going for her, and a ton of industry support.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hey at least he was good
    Jamie Campbell Bower was straight up terrible.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.