Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 511 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    TV_Lover
    Topics:

But the Expert journalists we’ve surveyed from major media outlets are leaning in another direction: they say Melanie Lynskey (“Yellowjackets”) has a slight edge. As of this writing Lynskey is backed by nine Experts, while Zendaya is predicted by seven.

The problem is that experts haven’t been that solid this Emmy season. I mean, if you look at Gold Derby’s list of accuracy when it came to the nominations, overall Users (77%) had a slightly higher accuracy than Editors (76%), and they both had a higher accuracy than Experts (74%)… not by that much,  but still, as has been discussed, the Experts skew male and tend to discount certain kinds of shows. (For example, *none* are predicting Crudup even though he won last time up, because critics don’t like TMS.)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well….if some people are predicting Seehorn for an upset with only HCA under her belt? Why not Cox too?

Rhea Seehorn is 4th in the odds with 184 people predicting her to win. Brian Cox is 2nd in the odds with 781 people predicting him to win. That is only 38 less than the amount of people predicting Lee Jung-jae to win and is almost double the amount of people predicting Quinta Brunson, Hannah Einbinder, Henry Winkler, Melanie Lynskey, Sarah Snook and Jung Ho-Yeon to win their categories in spite of each of them having more overall momentum and/or having actually won something this year in the run up to the winners round of voting.

I don’t think the idea of Cox winning is delusional personally (I’m not really counting out any of the people in this category for the win) but come on lol. What justification is there for him to have as many people predicting him to win as someone like Jason Sudeikis on the comedy side when unlike him he hasn’t won a single thing this year never mind not swept the entire winter awards trifecta?

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Let’s go Laura Linney! We’re not going down without a fight.

Profile picture
    Miossid
    Topics:

Am I the only one who feels Succession should not get another Drama Series win this year? I liked Severance, Stranger Things, Squid Game and Euphoria far more than season 3. It was disappointing after that promising season 2 finale, in my opinion.

Profile picture
    Jake422
    Topics:

Just rewatching all the respective episodes nominated for best directing, and I must say Squid Game has to win directing. As much as I love Succession and enjoy Severance (these seem to be the likely 3 in contention to win here )

Red Light, Green Light was the best directing I’ve seen from a series premiere in years. You talk about opening a show strong, SG feels unmatched in terms of the overall scope of how it was shot and in terms of giving us one of the most epic scenes of television we had this season. A completely suspenseful, eyes glued to the scene, thrilling, show stopping ending to the first episode that started the whole phenomenon of this series.
    I won’t be surprised or upset if All The Bells Say wins, it’s a very worthy RU, but I can only hope Squid Game takes this. Out of all the drama categories, this is the one I want the most. What a remarkable episode.
    I think The Way We Are is fantastic. I admire the directing and especially that wild ending. It’s something to behold and they really saved the best episode for last. I just don’t have the same awe inspiring feelings I had watching Red Light Green Light.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I do agree that Squid Game has the best direction out of the nominees, but recently the directing branch is out there to award the series winner or the series runner up in case of vote split from the series winner.
    Succession would have to be really strong to overcome a 3 way split so i think it’s out, it comes down to who is the runner up (or even winner) in series, and I’m pretty sure it’s Severance, so I’m betting on “The We We Are”.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Profile picture
    Thiago
    Topics:

Am I the only one who feels Succession should not get another Drama Series win this year? I liked Severance, Stranger Things, Squid Game and Euphoria far more than season 3. It was disappointing after that promising season 2 finale, in my opinion.

Even though season 3 is not as good as season 2, I think it still better than anything else on television by a long mile, so they will be making the right choice next month.

Profile picture
    fvg627
    Topics:

I also thought season 3 was kind of slow at first, but then All the Bells Say happened and in hindsight the season was completely masterful. Nothing can even stand close to toe to toe with it in any aspect imo (except Better Call Saul). I guess this makes me a stan but what can I say, Succession has ruined TV for me

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Melanie Lynskey has great taste!

https://www.wmagazine.com/culture/w-tv-portfolio-2022-full-list

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Queen HoYeon stanning GOT whew, I knew I could trust her.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Series: Succession vs Succession
    Actor: Lee Jung-jae vs Jeremy Strong
    Actress: Laura Linney vs Melanie Lynskey
    Supporting Actor: Kieran Culkin vs Matthew Macfadyen
    Supporting Actress: Julia Garner vs Jung Ho-yeon
    Writing: Severance vs Succession
    Directing: Severance vs Squid Game

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

After some thought, I’ve joined the Jung train. Garner still feels like such a beloved powerhouse that I would not be shocked at all to see her win again, but there just seems to be so much passion and love for Jung from the general public, even beyond the Squid Game hype. Everyone was talking about her acceptance speech at SAG. If I’m predicting Lee to win, I’m not sure who would be a big enough fan of Squid Game to vote for him and not her. Not 100% sure on it, but it feels like the passion is too strong to deny.

I don’t think Snook is entirely out of the race, but if she couldn’t beat Garner last time, I don’t think it’ll happen this time. She’s starting to feel more and more like the Lena Headey of the cast.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Still predicting Garner for a third win until the end. This is the same woman who edged out two respected Oscar Winners and a respected Oscar nominee in a huge Emmy juggernaut. She can win in this lineup, too.

Profile picture
    FNLlove
    Topics:

Series: Succession vs Succession Actor: Lee Jung-jae vs Jeremy Strong Actress: Laura Linney vs Melanie Lynskey Supporting Actor: Kieran Culkin vs Matthew Macfadyen Supporting Actress: Julia Garner vs Jung Ho-yeon Writing: Severance vs Succession Directing: Severance vs Squid Game

So does everyone just feel like series is completely over? Severance and Squid Game have NO chance?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Obviously one shouldn’t base their predictions on online polls but I was surprised that in spite of Euphoria having a big online base the show is last in TVLine’s drama series poll and Zendaya is level with Linney and Lynskey in their drama actress one.

Emmys 2022 Poll: What Should Win for Outstanding Drama Series?

Emmys 2022 Poll: Who Should Win for Lead Actress in a Drama Series?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.