Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 511 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

The main reason I think Succession’s writing is some of the best on TV is that every single character is undeniably horrible but there are still points of sympathy for all of them… except for maybe Logan LOL.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    Jake422
    Topics:

I think I am in the minority but I don’t get the love for “Succession”. It is a well crafted show with good acting but the stories seem unbelievable and the people are all so disgusting. There is no one really to root for and I have no sympathy for anyone.

For me it’s still the freshest, sharpest and best written show I’ve seen in years. I root for everyone except Logan. This is still my favorite ensemble going strong into Season 4. I love this cast. I love their storylines. Every season has outdone its prior. I’m in the opinion that Season 3 was the best yet, and I can’t want to see what’s in store next year.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Hi everyone, so the Emmy Ballot Experience I posted earlier here was moved to Polls! and all the votes had start from scratch, so go vote again or vote for the first time if you haven’t.

The Emmy Ballot Experience: Supporting Actress in a Drama Series 2022

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Pretty obvious that the win is between Zendaya, Linney and Lynskey Wouldn’t be surprised if either of the three won

maybe they all lose

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

The main reason I think Succession’s writing is some of the best on TV is that every single character is undeniably horrible but there are still points of sympathy for all of them… except for maybe Logan LOL.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I actually like Logan way more than I like his kids (apart from Shiv, but she doesn’t count because I live to stan ice queens), that’s probably why I enjoyed “All the Bells Say” more than “This is Not for Tears”.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

They are CAMPAIGNING

Fuck my own logic, I’ll put Seehorn first.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m following Joyce and not predicting Rhea to win just so she ends up doing so haha. I predicted her to get nominated in both 2019 and 2020 and then she didn’t get in but didn’t predict her this year and she did get nominated. I also predicted her to win the TCA award this year and she didn’t 👀 …

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

I’m following Joyce and not predicting Rhea to win just so she ends up doing so haha. I predicted her to get nominated in both 2019 and 2020 and then she didn’t get in but didn’t predict her this year and she did get nominated. I also predicted her to win the TCA award this year and she didn’t 👀

The Wolfali curse

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I actually like Logan way more than I like his kids (apart from Shiv, but she doesn’t count because I live to stan ice queens), that’s probably why I enjoyed “All the Bells Say” more than “This is Not for Tears”.

Logan grew on me in season 3 for the specific reason that they didn’t at all deal with the season 2 issues. Taking out most of the the (incredibly major) NRPI stuff and the hearing, and some very superficial stuff about the Raisin, it left season 3 being about survival, adaptation and about how Logan has steered the ship for decades (“Logan never loses”). Screwing Roman and aligning with Lukas was the best and most realistic moment of the season for me, because all of his children are absolute fucking morons and it finally seemed that he realised this fact the way the audience has. He beame sympathetic.

Now had they genuinely dealt with the murders and cover-ups … different story.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

it left season 3 being about survival, adaptation and about how Logan has steered the ship for decades (“Logan never loses”). Screwing Roman and aligning with Lukas was the best and most realistic moment of the season for me

Same. Weirdly I am not as high on the finale as most but that decision felt very real in the context of the show.

Honestly, I think Cox is brilliant in this. Strong is great but I suspect his performance works better if you essentially see him as the hero.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Same. Weirdly I am not as high on the finale as most but that decision felt very real in the context of the show. Honestly, I think Cox is brilliant in this. Strong is great but I suspect his performance works better if you essentially see him as the hero.

Logan has no serious adversary, and if he’s invincible then what else is there for the show to cover? There is no one competent around him at all. Except Marcia.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

There is no one competent around him at all. Except Marcia.

I try not to poke holes in great things but I wish Hiam got more screen time. I actually want to understand that scenario more.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Wow they really want it this year lol I guess they know it’s now or never

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

that’s probably why I enjoyed “All the Bells Say” more than “This is Not for Tears”.

While s2 is the better season, i think All the Bells say easily outdid This is Not for Tears.
    Nobody is Ever Missing is probably still the best Succession finale tho

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.