Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 511 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
probablyROB

• Ryusei
    Topics:

Really? I think Culkin has a better shot despite the vote split. I just don’t see Snook winning with Garner being a total spectacle in the last season.

I mean I am predicting Culkin to win, it feels like somewhat of a consensus pick after the CC win kind of like when Strong won, but I see a lot of people who call this the Tom season and that Macfadyen is their favorite so who knows. Either supporting could be theirs for the taking.

With the SAG ensemble win and just win of pretty much every major guild it just feels like there is even more Succession love than last time so I feel like Snook could win over someone who already won twice and someone who imo doesn’t have that great of a performance and SAG loves a populist pick. I have Seehorn in #1 rn simply for manifestation purposes but I think Snook can win this time. I know they don’t care about giving someone the win numerous times, there is plenty of evidence of that but this time Succession just feels even bigger than last time popularity-wise.

And also this doesn’t feel like a show that wins series and then goes on to win nothing ATL like THT it feels more like a Mrs. Maisel that goes on to win both supporting categories, while also being a strong lead contender, except even stronger because there is no doubt in my mind that Succession is repeating for Series.

FYC Everywhere even for people to just watch the show:
    This Is Going To Hurt
    Ben Whishaw
    Ambika Mod

FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I can see Better Call Saul winning Drama Series.

boolbameroon
    Topics:

I know succession is probably winning this but I need BCS to take home writing.

‘Plan and Execution’ was simply masterful.

wolfali
    Topics:

I know succession is probably winning this but I need BCS to take home writing. ‘Plan and Execution’ was simply masterful.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Babygirl
    Topics:

With the SAG ensemble win and just win of pretty much every major guild it just feels like there is even more Succession love than last time so I feel like Snook could win over someone who already won twice and someone who imo doesn’t have that great of a performance and SAG loves a populist pick. I have Seehorn in #1 rn simply for manifestation purposes but I think Snook can win this time. I know they don’t care about giving someone the win numerous times, there is plenty of evidence of that but this time Succession just feels even bigger than last time popularity-wise. And also this doesn’t feel like a show that wins series and then goes on to win nothing ATL like THT it feels more like a Mrs. Maisel that goes on to win both supporting categories, while also being a strong lead contender, except even stronger because there is no doubt in my mind that Succession is repeating for Series.

I mean tbh while foreign actors who were unknown in the US winning SAG is impressive, the voting body are also very populist (and we ALL know how big SG is) and Emmys tend to embrace performances more on the subtle side than SAG, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see either Lee or Jung lose to Strong / Snook (not that I think BOTH are losing).

But to me Snook has an uphill battle either way because we’ve seen how Emmys treat female characters with cold personalities already and Garner / Jung characters are the fan faves of their show. It feels like she needs Succession to dominate hard or something, but it already won 4 ATL awards the last time while she lost.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

nkb325
    Topics:

Snook is not totally out of the race yet, because sometimes they do just take a year to get to someone. It would remind me a bit of Thandiwe Newton, she was the frontrunner for season 1 of Westworld when the show was a huge hit, she had the right precursors, and then somehow lost, only to win for the second season when she herself had much less heat and almost no one was predicting her. If there are enough people who wonder if maybe Snook should have won for what was arguably “the Shiv season”, then I could see people supporting her still excellent work this season and that being her path to a victory. But she’s facing much tougher competition than Newton did so it’s a long shot imo.

probablyROB
    Topics:

I think if Snook wins then Succession will sweep everything except maybe directing. But I don’t think she will win.

Thiago
    Topics:

Newton was the favourite on the back of her SAG nomination, but The Handsmaid Tale was just too strong and Dowd had a lot going on for her, since she also got nominated for her guest appearance on The Leftovers, the shows sole acting nomination.

I actually think Dowd is a better precedent, since she was also playing
    a unlikeble character on a series that ended up being way stronger than their competition, which Succession seems to be this year, but Snook doesn’t have Dowd’s veteran status and Garner and Hoyeon seem stronger than Newton was.

Couverture
    Topics:

I think people tend to overstate how populist SAG can be. It’s not like the likes of Game of Thrones or Chernobyl were favourites there. And even if it were true, Squid Game still lost Ensemble to Succession so reducing HoYeon’s win as a simple populist choice feels wrong.

HoYeon being in a widely watched show did help but being a complete newcomer in a supporting role with a non-English language performance on top of that is still a pretty massive hurdle. I remember discussing on GD itself how atypical her win was. I don’t know if she wins but she shouldn’t be dismissed so easily (specifically looking at the big gap between her and the top 2 in the odds), especially when the Emmy nominations indicate that the Squid Game love wasn’t limited to just SAG.

and Emmys tend to embrace performances more on the subtle side than SAG

I don’t think they do? SAG had already awarded Claire Foy twice before the Emmys even got to her. Emmys awarded people like Porter and O’Connor. SAG went with Jason Bateman in their years. SAG awarded Oh, Emmys awarded Comer instead.

A Negroni. Sbagliato. With Prosecco in it.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Kieran and Sarah are coming to snatch both drama supporting categories this season and rightfully so! All this talk about Brian vs Jeremy, when it’s the supporting characters that stole the show this season. I keep going back and fourth with Kieran and Matthew, one of those two will be winning and Sarah will too.

Are they really about to give Garner her 3rd Emmy for the same character? Come onnnn. As good as she was, I’m not buying it.

You act as if there are no 3x time winners for the same characters, like ever. So, yes, there really is a good chance that Julia Garner wins a 3rd trophy.

probablyROB
    Topics:

I’m sticking with Rhea for the overdue/ compensation for past snubs and giving a performance that attracts passionate critical support that seems to have finally broken through in a highly competitive year. Plus, it’s my personal favorite performance.

alittle03
    Topics:

I’m sticking with Rhea for the overdue/ compensation for past snubs and giving a performance that attracts passionate critical support that seems to have finally broken through in a highly competitive year. Plus, it’s my personal favorite performance.

Tempted to predict her, as well.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

nkb325
    Topics:

I saw a lot of publications saying something along the lines of this being being nominated for her last chance, but the second half of season 6 will be competing at next years emmy’s, no? Conceivably she (along with all of BCS) could be nominated again, right?

alittle03
    Topics:

I saw a lot of publications saying something along the lines of this being being nominated for her last chance, but the second half of season 6 will be competing at next years emmy’s, no? Conceivably she (along with all of BCS) could be nominated again, right?

You’re correct; next year would be Seehorn’s last eligible Emmys ceremony, which I expect her to make since she finally made it this year. I think publications are unaware that she’s able to nominated next year.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.