Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ok you hoes better be careful with this shit after that Olivia win. We do not want a repeat of that 👀

A tragedy I’m afraid We must stop her at all costs

Don’t worry darlings. She’s winning via a landslide of write-in votes in lead next year.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I was thinking that Bridgerton and Stranger Things will both miss eligibility but I just realised if it does then Netflix will just have Ozark and well The Sandman lol.

Every year can be one of firsts but considering how Netflix have had two contenders in the drama series race since 2017 (or usually are able to get two contenders into drama – who would have even thought <i>Bridgerton </i>would be a series nominee at this point last year lol?), I think they’re either going to drop one of Bridgerton and Stranger Things in the Spring or they’ll (whether successfully or not) push The Sandman.

The first season of Bridgerton took seven months to shoot and this one started shooting in March although production was suspended 18 days due to COVID but even then I don’t think it’s implausible for it to finish production next month. And considering how adamant Netflix’s head of scripted series was that it was making Emmy eligibility (even as they were cautious about Stranger Things), I think it’s probably making the deadline. Netflix will probably drop it during some sort of “holiday event” like Valentine’s Day or Easter.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

The Best Actress category will be super tough to predict. Will Sandra Oh win for her final season, as an ode to the other seasons. Will Jennifer Aniston win, since the Morning Show has a lot of love from acting branch. Will Laura Linney finally win for Ozark, since it is in its final season (part 1 and 2). Who knows?? Elisabeth Moss, Jodie Comer, Zendaya??? All of them have possibilities, let me know if I am missing any.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Best Actress category will be super tough to predict. Will Sandra Oh win for her final season, as an ode to the other seasons. Will Jennifer Aniston win, since the Morning Show has a lot of love from acting branch. Will Laura Linney finally win for Ozark, since it is in its final season (part 1 and 2). Who knows?? Elisabeth Moss, Jodie Comer, Zendaya??? All of them have possibilities, let me know if I am missing any.

The Handmaid’s Tale will be ineligible this season.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Can’t help but root for Linney and Oh (especially Oh as she’s Emmy-less). Snook in supporting.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think they’re either going to drop one of Bridgerton and Stranger Things in the Spring or they’ll (whether successfully or not) push The Sandman.

I can say having followed it – I am pretty sure The Sandman it is being positioned as an alt if Stranger Things misses especially given ST is pretty fringe anyway and is more of a viewership concern.

I think it is more trying to appeal to the American Horror Story/Ratched/maybe Lovecraft crowd than the Wheel of Time/HoTD crowd and it is also notably fairly diverse and British (things that help with noms) in a year that isn’t.  It is also VERY guest-y in a way almost nothing else is.

I suspect if they could get a single ATL acting nom from this and maybe a guest or two (and maybe a craft her or there) that would probably be meeting expectations. Supporting Actress would probably be easiest especially if Brown is out?

I am meh on that first look but I think in the context of the above it’s probably fine and I appreciate that it’s playing to people who’ve waited since the 80s to see it adapted. The social media reaction is also pretty reasonable.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The first season of Bridgerton took seven months to shoot and this one started shooting in March although production was suspended 18 days due to COVID but even then I don’t think it’s implausible for it to finish production next month.

Nicola Coughlan has said she is very close to finishing (she needs to go film S3 of Derry Girls) but I don’t know how indicative of the whole production that is. Bailey said on their panel they were halfway through filming – but I also don’t know when that panel was filmed.

I think if they can get Ozark, Bridgerton, and  Sandman ready and in somewhere each – that’s probably fine. It’s not ideal, but if they push Ozark for drama and lead, Bridgerton on crafts, and Sandman for fringe acting and guest noms that might work. I do struggle to see Bridgerton making program but, well, weirder things have happened and it is possible some of the period-drama Crown vote goes to Bridgerton rather than The Gilded Age and it works for them.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The Sandman looks like another The Witcher, it’s not touching the Emmys

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The Sandman looks like another The Witcher, it’s not touching the Emmys

I agree it doesn’t look strong and probably doesn’t get in but what alternative do they have than to campaign it around the fringe? The other alternatives are pretty much literally The Witcher, Lucifer, You, and Sweet Tooth which are even weaker ensemble wise. They’re not just going to campaign Ozark if Bridgerton and ST miss. They always have one or two alternatives.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

One of Bridgerton or Stranger Things will make it.
    The Sandman looks audience hit and that’s all.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

If I were Netflix, I would try to have both Bridgerton and Stranger Things ready for next year’s Emmys. They are gonna have The Crown and Ozark’s final installment for 2022-23, and we know those will be their capital P priorities. 2021-22 seems rather empty for dramas, so it would be the smart way to go if possible.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also this year’s field is going to be far less competitive than next year’s with not only The Crown sitting out but also The Handmaid’s Tale and The Mandalorian.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

2022-23 is going to be soooo stacked. We’re gonna get a bunch of snubs.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Also this year’s field is going to be far less competitive than next year’s with not only The Crown sitting out but also The Handmaid’s Tale and The Mandalorian.

Succession to the other girls next year 

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Succession to the other girls next year

The Crown when it goes 7/7 again:

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.