Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

2022-23 is going to be soooo stacked. We’re gonna get a bunch of snubs.

Not to mention we’ll also have <i>House of the Dragon</i>, The Last of Us and The Lord of the Rings and if all of those end up being acclaimed hits well…

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Succession > The Crown
    Sorry not sorry

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Update: I finished Succession season 1 and darlings,  I am absolutely addicted. I LOVE this show. Wolfali asked me a few weeks back, when I said I was going to start Succession soon, about what I’d think  about Sarah Snook: I love her! She’s perfect as Shiv and I love the wide range of emotions she allows her character to bring the screen and how she displays the emotional/psychological complexities that come with being in the Roy family (especially a woman in the Roy family). The first episode of Season 2 is Snook’s Emmy tape, so I’m excited and fearful of how she’s going to slay.

I think personally my favorite performance so far is Jeremy Strong’s, though, just because of the ending scene of the season finale with Logan finding out about what Kendall did the night before and the episode where he’s running to the vote of no confidence meeting through traffic and then immediately has all his plans foiled when he arrives. Strong brilliantly showcases an initially confident man constantly having all his schemes ruined by his father, causing a descending into relapse and emotional torment. I also like Cousin Greg because he’s smarter than everyone realizes, but is still a nice and rather awkward guy. The whole cast is brilliant, though!

Anyway, off to Season 2!

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The Crown when it goes 7/7 again:

I meant next year darling

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I meant next year darling

You meant 2022 not 2023? Sorry darling!

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

One of Bridgerton or Stranger Things will make it. The Sandman looks audience hit and that’s all.

I agree with you – I just think it is a back up contender almost entirely for guest – it is basically an anthology that doesn’t quite qualify as an anthology in the first season.

If they have no other alternatives outside Ozark almost everyone outside of Sturridge can be campaigned in guest (especially with 2-5 episode arcs in an 11 episode season) which is a very good way for Netflix to try to get a couple of fringe noms for a new show (and for voters not to be lazy)

They’d only need to bump people up to supporting if they were competitive and really there’s no room outside of maybe Supporting Actress anyway

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Not to mention we’ll also have <i>House of the Dragon</i>, The Last of Us and The Lord of the Rings and if all of those end up being acclaimed hits well…

2023 will be delightfully stacked.

Question – if Bridgerton needs to be campaigned for Netflix, who makes most sense in supporting? I haven’t read the books but I believe Coughlan gets a season in lead in S4? so is she the logical one to hope they stick with once The Crown and Ozark have finished.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Succession > The Crown Sorry not sorry

They’re both excellent darling!

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

2023 will be delightfully stacked.

Question – if Bridgerton needs to be campaigned for Netflix, who makes most sense in supporting? I haven’t read the books but I believe Coughlan gets a season in lead in S4? so is she the logical one to hope they stick with once The Crown and Ozark have finished.

Bridgerton has 8 books, i doubt they’ll tackle one per season always.
    Some of the cast might be 80 when it’s their turn to be the sibling finding love.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

when Laura Linney wins the Tony later today and that sends her on a winning streak to the Emmys 

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Succession > The Crown Sorry not sorry

succession > any drama series since the Americans😬

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

when Laura Linney wins the Tony later today and that sends her on a winning streak to the Emmys

If the Emmy ends up being between Linney and Baranski it would be kind of funny because Linney has never won a Tony but almost always wins an Emmy and Baranski has won every time she’s been nominated for a Tony whilst she’s only won one Emmy.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Bridgerton has 8 books, i doubt they’ll tackle one per season always. Some of the cast might be 80 when it’s their turn to be the sibling finding love.

lol.

I think I was more thinking long term – essentially Netflix will have the Crown and Ozark wrapped up by the end of 2023 so what they are campaigning with a view ahead probably starts to matter by next year. They really don’t have a lot on their slate.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

There is only one expert predicting her to win, so you know
    She’s winning.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

lol. I think I was more thinking long term – essentially Netflix will have the Crown and Ozark wrapped up by the end of 2023 so what they are campaigning with a view ahead probably starts to matter by next year. They really don’t have a lot on their slate.

I really don’t see Bridgerton being a long term thing awards wise. The longer a Netflix show goes on without a major win, the lower it seems to fall down their priority list. Netflix stopped campaigning for GLOW and Orange is the New Black when they didn’t win anything (or at least in the latter’s case anything outside of Aduba).

I do think Bridgerton can get back in if it competes this year (it did get nominated by eight different branches of the academy last year after all) but as time goes on the novelty and excitement behind the show will fade and I don’t think it will be anything other than a hit for them eventually.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.