Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

CulKING will be the one to pull a Brett Goldstein actually.

Watch Alan Ruck be nominated for the first time and win

Kim Bodnia is obviously going to get nominated for the final season of Killing Eve and win due to Succession and The Morning Show splitting votes.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Oh yeah, about The Morning Show
    Is Mark Duplass still a big part of it, or he is indeed leaving as some suggested back then?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Dears young Kevin is getting nominated and winning as a way to award the character, considering voters don’t acknowledge Hartley’s existence

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Oh yeah, about The Morning Show Is Mark Duplass still a big part of it, or he is indeed leaving as some suggested back then?

I think it’s a bit early to say but I can see placements for The Morning Show moving around this year. Crudup potentially could go lead and I think Duplass/Carell in some variation of guest/supporting I think

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I feel like Stranger Things is definitely the one missing for Netflix.

I also noticed Bridgerton is six, not eight episodes like last time, which probably cuts down the time required to get it ready by a bit.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Stranger Things is probably never returning in Series if it misses this year. It won’t survive against more relevant genre shows like Lord Of The Ring, House Of The Dragon, The Last Of Us or The Mandalorian in 2023.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Stranger Things is probably never returning in Series if it misses this year. It won’t survive against more relevant genre shows like Lord Of The Ring, House Of The Dragon, The Last Of Us or The Mandalorian in 2023.

Agree with you. But I also think ST probably doesn’t go past season 5, max, and I imagine given the insane deal Netflix gave Benioff and Weiss their priority will be the Three Body Problem by then.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

IMDB has Carell appearing in 9 episodes of this season. If his presence in each episode remains the same as it was in Episode 2, then they shouldn’t change his placement.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If it made into this year they would probably smash it

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Here for this. Need the evil to be DEFEATED.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

IMDB has Carell appearing in 9 episodes of this season. If his presence in each episode remains the same as it was in Episode 2, then they shouldn’t change his placement.

Really hope IMDB got it wrong because that’s … a choice

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Oh well looks like Bridgerton is definitely making eligibility…

Wasn’t his love interest in S1 that singer girl? Did they abandon that?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

IMDB has Carell appearing in 9 episodes of this season. If his presence in each episode remains the same as it was in Episode 2, then they shouldn’t change his placement

I think it is wrong for their listing, there is a recent thing where there is some obscuring (possibly for shows that seem to have heavy NDAs) where everyone defaults to all episodes until full release. Gugu Mbatha-Raw is supposed to be in most episodes and <spoiler> at best probably ends up in a flashback or two.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

I think it is wrong for their listing, there is a recent thing where there is some obscuring (possibly for shows that seem to have heavy NDAs) where everyone defaults to all episodes until full release. Gugu Mbatha-Raw is supposed to be in most episodes and <spoiler> at best probably ends up in a flashback or two.

You’re probably right. Gugu, Bel Powley, Jack Davenport are all listed for 8 episodes this season, and I don’t see that actually happening. But for Carrell, even if he’s not in 9 episodes, his presence in S2E2 indicates, to me, the same amount of focus as he got in S1.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Here’s my confession. Had Snook gone lead last year and the submission been still “The Summer Palace”, I would’ve preferred her to Linney. That scene, holy cow, was ACTING. I hope she’s campaigned and submitted as lead next year.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.