Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I hope she’s campaigned and submitted as lead next year.

I really want Snook to have an Emmy (she should have won for season 2) but no! The competition is too fierce in lead actress!

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Already aired/premiere date (or month) set:

Dexter : New Blood (Showtime)
    Evil (Paramount+)
    Foundation (AppleTV+)
    The Gilded Age (HBO)
    The Good Fight (Paramount+)
    Loki (Disney+)
    The Morning Show (AppleTV+)
    Succession (HBO)
    This is Us (NBC)
    The Wheel of Time (Amazon)

Confirmed to air at some point during the 2021-2022 cycle:

The Boys (Amazon)
    Bridgerton (Netflix)
    Euphoria (HBO)
    For All Mankind (AppleTV+)
    Killing Eve (BBC America)
    Ozark (Netflix)
    Peaky Blinders (Netflix)
    The Sandman (Netflix)
    Severance (AppleTV+)

Completed Shooting*:

Gentleman Jack (HBO)

Filming:

Better Call Saul (AMC)
    House of the Dragon (HBO)
    Stranger Things (Netflix)

Unknown:

Bel-Air (Peacock)
    Slow Horses (AppleTV+)
    Suspicion (AppleTV+)

<b>Ineligible:</b>

Big Little Lies (HBO)
    Bodyguard (Netflix)
    The Crown (Netflix)
    The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)
    The Last of Us (HBO)
    The Lord of the Rings (Amazon)
    Lovecraft Country (HBO)
    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
    Perry Mason (HBO)
    Pose (FX)
    Ripley (Showtime)
    Westworld (HBO)

*or set to conclude shooting soon

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I wonder if Laura Linney can get revenge.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Stranger Things finished filming two weeks ago, I believe, but their signposting really isn’t indicating they’re making eligibility and this which was released by Netflix today suggests July was a pretty good time last year for them last year (and they did have very long post last time and apparently this season is more elaborate). I think there is a good chance they may also be trying to avoid coinciding with House of The Dragon.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I wonder if Laura Linney can get revenge.

If I were Netflix I think I’d be focusing on making a play for Linney this year. Garner’s probably a given for a nomination no matter what but vulnerable because this category doesn’t tend to three-peat AND because she’s also going to be campaigned in Lead for Limited.

All the genre shows should probably be targeting that Supporting Actress category, it’s the most open to newcomers and quite prone to going for populism in the last few years

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Andor (one of the very few shows to confirm it’s ongoing for Disney prior to release) has wrapped and is confirmed for 2022. This has both Stellan Skarsgard and Fiona Shaw in supporting.

This seems like a more logical Star Wars play on paper than The Book of Boba Fett in my opinion.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Amazon Prime has given a series order to a spinoff of The Boys set at a supes university. Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters (Agent Carter) have stepped in as showrunners, replacing Craig Rosenberg, who exited due to creative differences: https://tvline.com/2021/09/27/the-boys-spinoff-series-order-amazon/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fiona Shaw in supporting.

Double nominations confirmed!

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I don’t know if I rate the chances of any other Apple project outside of Severance, to be honest, great cast or not.

Apple has yet to prove they are able to get a show in that didn’t have the benefit of an elongated viewing period by voters AND winter awards.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Am I the only one who feels like this category is getting weaker each year? Succession will mostly likely be the only fall drama that has buzz. The Morning Show has mixed reviews, American Rust flopped, no one is talking about Y: The Last Man and Foundation. Unless The Wheel of Time becomes both a critical and audience hit, Succession won’t have a hard time winning the guilds and ultimately the Emmys. I also don’t recall any upcoming Emmy bait drama other than The Gilded Age.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Yeah, it will be Succession vs Succession vs Succession probably
    Unless The Gilded Age really hits HARD.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

September 29, 2021 at 2:22 am#1204491879 Yeah, it will be Succession vs Succession vs Succession probably Unless The Gilded Age really hits HARD.

I still don’t even know if I buy the Gilded Age narrative because I think there’s a good chance it skews just too older female which won’t be enough of the voting body to get it more than one or two nominations. If the core audience is Downton watchers and they’re a decade older (and now under a different voting system) – does it still get in?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Stupid Game will be the Emily in Paris of 2022

Wait

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Hmm, I think Succession could easily be the next Game of Thrones at the Emmys and remain unbeatable in drama series until it’s off the air. That said, I think The Gilded Age is going to be pretty big and hope that Ozark too can give Succession a run for its money. I love Succession, but I hope it doesn’t just steamroll next year.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I love Succession, but I hope it doesn’t just steamroll next year.

Me too.

Even if Succession is my favourite drama on the air the prospect of it taking up half the supporting acting categories for the next couple of years isn’t very appealing.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.