Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 501 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I get the impression J. is quite well liked plus she’s been getting interesting storylines for her age and I think they’re quite responsive to that. I really liked her season 2 work.

She also has been in the industry for a long time which can only help her.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

The Gilded Age character descriptions make me kind of worried for my girl Baranski… the cast seems very large, and in addition to the fact that Coon’s character does indeed sound like a protagonist, many of the younger actresses’ storylines sound like they will be perceived as more central to the plot than Baranski’s, which (based on that little description) feels like a rehash of Maggie Smith’s characters from both Gosford Park and Downton Abbey. Will this be enough to give her a win in Lead?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Will this be enough to give her a win in Lead?

I feel unless it is an outright lead (which, knowing Fellowes, and looking at the description, actually seems quite unlikely), given Baranski’s awards history, they’ll submit her in supporting. Her history very clearly shows she gets in when submitted in supporting and guest but has failed to time after time with The Good Fight in lead and in Baranski’s case they have decades of data to support that.

And I mean Dinklage was #1 on his call sheet for a decade and was always submitted in supporting, so they just have to structurally justify it for the character, which seems easy to do from the description

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Louisa Jacobson seems the lead from that descriptions to me
    Baranski seems borderline, but i think she’ll go lead.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Next year will be the greatest showdown in Drama Emmy History.

Ozark
    Succession
    The Boys
    House of the Dragon
    The Crown
    This Is US
    Better Call Saul

If these projects are coming and will compete, we are in for the ride of our lives.

Ozark wants revenge.

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Next year will be the greatest showdown in Drama Emmy History. Ozark Succession The Boys House of the Dragon The Crown This Is US Better Call Saul If these projects are coming and will compete, we are in for the ride of our lives. Ozark wants revenge.

And yet Succession is going to win it all (until the season is heavily panned)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can see The Gilded Age end up being a Hacks situation where Jacobson is frauded into supporting due to her lack of name recognition whilst Baranski or Coon are placed in lead.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Next year will be the greatest showdown in Drama Emmy History. Ozark Succession The Boys House of the Dragon The Crown This Is US Better Call Saul

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Hun we’re gonna need the last season to be as good as the first two..

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hun we’re gonna need the last season to be as good as the first two..

This season is being show run by a Sex Education writer so I have hope…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

This season is being show run by a Sex Education writer so I have hope…

The way this show has a change in it’s showrunner every year! -.-

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

This season is being show run by a Sex Education writer so I have hope…

Also Jodie claimed she had more free time this year so I’m hoping they finally listened on the lack of Eve complains and gave more to Sandra.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Netflix TUDUM release schedule:

Imelda

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Netflix TUDUM release schedule:

https://twitter.com/getfandom/status/1441054762422603791?s=21

Imelda

Stranger Things first, i guess they’ll drop the month of it’s release.

Also, Ozark and Bridgerton!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix TUDUM release schedule: https://twitter.com/getfandom/status/1441054762422603791?s=21 Imelda

I’m still surprised they’re not included Russian Doll and Dead to Me in this.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.