Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 5)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 503 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If Sterling K Brown joins the cast yes.

Brown sterling k

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Probably not it’s been made clear that they don’t care for anyone else.

Tom Pelphrey’s snub was terrible but it isn’t said enough about how Janet McTeer was robbed too. That scene with Helen and Jonah-

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If Sterling K Brown joins the cast yes.

Him and Don Cheadle playing brothers.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This actual voting system is proving again and again that is extra hard to get a nod on shows that you join later on (sans Guest)
    The Handmaid’s Tale got a gazillion new nods this year and they were all for people who were already on the show.
    Maisel, another acting branch favorite failed to get multiple people in, and only the all almighty Brown got the nod.
    The Crown is the exception because of how they change actors and stuff.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Crown is the exception because of how they change actors and stuff.

This actually could be a reason for why Menzies, O’Connor and Lapotaire missed. Not enough actors probably saw season 3 in its entirety but HBC and Colman’s standout episodes came at the beginning so it’s quite possible that some of them only saw the first three and didn’t see the rest on time.

The way Jane Lapotaire might have won guest actress if she cameo-d in season 4…

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This actually could be a reason for why Menzies, O’Connor and Lapotaire missed. Not enough actors probably saw season 3 in its entirety but HBC and Colman’s standout episodes came at the beginning so it’s quite possible that some of them only saw the first three and didn’t see the rest on time.

The way Jane Lapotaire might have won guest actress if she cameo-d in season 4…

I tend to think of The Crowns 3 and 4 as a new show
    Initially they went with the most baity ones, and then it exploded and everyone from the previous season made it.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I think Emma not being in s3 is what helped Olivia win because it was clear they wanted to reward the orginal cast members aside from Gillian who is a veteran and had the biggest transformation.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I tend to think of The Crowns 3 and 4 as a new show Initially they went with the most baity ones, and then it exploded and everyone from the previous season made it.

It’s interesting because I wonder how well The Crown would have done with Succession competing. It seems to be a general assumption that it only won because of the weak field but it swept the winter awards over Ozark and Anderson swept over Garner so I’d be inclined to think that at least Anderson would have still won if Succession was competing and Menzies, O’Connor, Corrin, Colman and HBC would have still been nominate.

It was a weak field last year but the show also exploded so it probably would have grown in nominations even if it wouldn’t have won in a stronger field.

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Emma not being in s3 is what helped Olivia win because it was clear they wanted to reward the orginal cast members aside from Gillian who is a veteran and had the biggest transformation.

Meanwhile Helena Bonham Carter…

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s interesting because I wonder how well The Crown would have done with Succession competing. It seems to be a general assumption that it only won because of the weak field but it swept the winter awards over Ozark and Anderson swept over Garner so I’d be inclined to think that at least Anderson would have still won if Succession was competing and Menzies, O’Connor, Corrin, Colman and HBC would have still been nominate.

It was a weak field last year but the show also exploded so it probably would have grown in nominations even if it wouldn’t have won in a stronger field.

Gillian would obviously win
    Olivia could too, because Succession doesn’t have Actress and Supp Actress that are strong for the win, Menzies would’ve lost to Crudup assuming we are talking about TMS being present as well.

Still think Succession would’ve won Actor, Directing, Writing and Series.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think that if HBC had a more prominent presence through the whole season, she would’ve won too.
    What hurt her is that she was a glorified guest that unfortunately couldn’t compete in guest.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

This actual voting system is proving again and again that is extra hard to get a nod on shows that you join later on (sans Guest)

Is Streep the only drama nominee who went straight in as a second season nom under this system in drama (and even then it was BLL’s first season in drama) outside of The Crown? The only others I can think of that weren’t originals are Whitford (guest first) and Christie? (several years later)?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Is Streep the only drama nominee who went straight in as a second season nom under this system in drama (and even then it was BLL’s first season in drama) 

It’s partly because she is MERYL STREEP and partly because of that iconic scream in S2 Ep 1.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is Streep the only drama nominee who went straight in as a second season nom under this system in drama (and even then it was BLL’s first season in drama) outside of The Crown? The only others I can think of that weren’t originals are Whitford (guest first) and Christie? (several years later)?

I think so
    This stat was a problem even for Andrew Scott in Fleabag on the comedy side too.

I believe in Comedy we have Sterling and probably somebody else, but it’s rare

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.