Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 540 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Merritt Wever snub was so disgusting

Luca liking this comment in 3, 2…

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Zendaya will get nominated if the category is open in the air. Right now, there’s an open slot so I think this one will go for her.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I don’t know how Ozark will do with half a season honestly It could do great but it could do less great

They better campaign hard for 4A because Imelda Staunton and Elizabeth Debicki are coming for blood in 2023.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Merritt Wever snub was so disgusting

One of the worst snubs.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

SG 196k imdb ratings now. Coming for Loki and Wanda soon enough.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Unsure if The Sandman will be an awards thing, but if it is like I’m predicting it to be, she’s probably first in line from the cast.

Whether it’s an awards thing or not, they are unusually confident in it for a first season series – they rarely promote new series 6+ months out.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know how Ozark will do with half a season honestly It could do great but it could do less great, i guess it’s the first time we’ll see under the new system i guess. The Sopranos 6A was a flop and then they come back harder, Breaking Bad 5A still served but not as hard as 5B Emmy wise.

It’s not necessarily half a season though (neither was Breaking Bad 5A or The Sopranos 6A).

All three of their final seasons were essentially two seasons that were ordered as one of 14-21 episodes (and divided into two parts accordingly) because their networks didn’t want to be in a position where they had to negotiate rises for the actors and crew.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Drama Actor

1. Jeremy Strong, Succession – Obvious.

2. Brian Cox, Succession – Could win this time around.

3. Jason Bateman, Ozark – I like Bateman but I’m so tired of watching him collect trophies for his bland performance while his superior co-star continues to get dust. Glad Succession blew up with actors.

4. Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us – No reason for him to miss now. SAG dropped TIU like it was hot, and they’ve still got him around. Maisel nom just continues to prove that he’s beloved.

5. Tom Hiddleston, Loki – I’m not sold on Loki being a contender elsewhere, but in this fairly non-competitive field, a beloved character in such a well-liked series feels like a solid bet. Disney will also campaign like hell.

6. Lee Jung-jae, Squid Game – Squid Game could be given the Parasite treatment, but the Emmys are smarter than the other awards organizations and will give the actors what they’re due. Maybe not more than a couple nominations (him and the old man are their ceiling I think), but I still think it’ll happen.

7. Adam Scott, Severance – I NEED to see Adam Scott get an Emmy nomination. However, I won’t predict it until we get a sign that Severance actually exists and isn’t just a series of fake Deadline articles.

8. Gary Oldman, Slow Horses – The words “spy” and “thriller” give me pause, but it’s Gary Oldman. He collected every piece of hardware under the sun for a generic Churchill impression.

9. Milo Ventimiglia, This Is Us – If TIU has a final season surge, I think it’ll only manifest in Series and here. But that’s a big if.

10. Antony Starr, The Boys – I guess? Not at all convinced on The Boys’ chances as a whole, though. The Boys would have to be a top contender for this to happen.

Drama Actress

1. Laura Linney, Ozark – Maybe it’s just a hope-diction, but I think she’s the one to beat. The “makeup win” is given too much credit I think, but voters also definitely know when they’ve missed out on someone and need to circle back. Linney’s got too much love for this performance and role and the Emmys love her too much for her to go unrewarded for this show. Two more chances, but I think this is the one (before Debicki and Staunton come in).

2. Zendaya, Euphoria – Unfortunately feels like she could end up going the Rami Malek route. However, won’t predict that until we see the season. For now, sitting very comfortable.

3. Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show – There’s really no excitement for The Morning Show anymore, but I don’t see why Aniston would miss out. She and Crudup are staying regardless.

4. Christine Baranski, The Gilded Age – It’s Christine f***in Baranski in HBO’s decadent new costume drama. She’s got this.

5. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve – She’s just so good in this role, and Villanelle is always the most radically entertaining character to watch.

6. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve – It’s funny how she feels the most vulnerable on this list, but once she’s nominated, she feels like she could win. Last chance narratives are never as strong as they seem, but this is Sandra Oh, the overwhelming “JUST GIVE HER ONE ALREADY” could prevail.

7. Patricia Arquette, Severance – Actually starting to think she’ll go supporting? Scott seems like the lead of the show, and with Uma Thurman also looking to burst onto the scene, Apple would be dumb to campaign four actresses here. Nonetheless, the top six seems so formidable that I don’t know how to squeeze her in, but I’ll probably shift her into supporting and predict her there.

8. Mandy Moore, This Is Us – She’s going to be doing things this season like we’ve never seen from her before, and her material is going to be unbelievable. I so wish I could predict a TIU final season surge, but I don’t think it’ll happen, at least not enough to get her back in the mix.

9. Reese Witherspoon, The Morning Show – I just don’t love Witherspoon in this show, and I don’t know who else does. Her new storyline is probably too awkward to help, either. But who else is there?

10. Christine Baranski, The Good Fight – I don’t watch it but I’m rooting for you all to get your girl in.

EMMYS FYC
    Dickinson – Hailee Steinfeld, Anna Baryshnikov
    Kevin Can F**k Himself – Mary Hollis Inboden
    Only Murders – James Caverley
    The Other Two – Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke
    Physical – Rose Byrne
    Schmigadoon! – Ariana DeBose
    The White Lotus – Alexandra Daddario

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Gary Oldman has a show coming up? Moviestars are here, are there, are every fucking where at the Emmys these days.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Y: The Last Man cancelled by FX.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I’m ready for a Gilded Age promo/trailer and or at least a release date! It’s suppose to air by the end of 2021. I have a sneaking suspicion that perhaps Christine Baranski will actually be in Supporting. It’s a big ensemble cast and the synopsis makes it sound like Louisa Jacobson’s character will be the lead character. Christine will play her character’s rich aunt whom she moves in with, so perhaps Baranski will be the “Maggie Smith” of this “Downton Abbey.”

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Y: The Last Man cancelled by FX.

Sad but inevitable.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

10. Christine Baranski, The Good Fight – I don’t watch it but I’m rooting for you all to get your girl in.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think they’ll capitalize on Baranski being the bigger name and slot her in lead even if she’s borderline.
    Reading the characters descriptions i also though that Louisa Jacobson would be the lead or a lead, but she can be Einbeinder’d into supporting to get better chances.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Huns we’re getting Linney, Cox and Snook their wins next year PERIOD!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.