Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 540 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

As much as I love these men and would love it to happen, Bob Odenkirk needs to get his due🤧

You just reminded me of how much excellence we are gonna get from these fellas this season.

Odenkirk, Strong, Cox, Starr, Ventimiglia, Brown, Lee jung-jae, etc.
    And there are the not seen yet like Scott, Gary Oldman and etc.

Pretty exciting year for the men too

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The one thing I would caution with Succession is seeing what the ratings are like (obviously from a 2021 HBO context) I do think for it to expand out it’s chances from the (solid) place it is,  it might need to build up a bit from a viewership POV.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Solid place? Didn’t it already get a million noms and wins S2?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Solid place? Didn’t it already get a million noms and wins S2?

Yeah – excellent is probably more apt. But people have said 8, 10, 12 acting noms – I do think to make a leap from 6 which is already a lot it might need to be a little bit more culturally ubiquitous airing this early. Really only my opinion though.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Of course things could change as the season goes, but right now it’s probably safe to assume all eight of Succession’s previously nominated actors will return. As long as Skarsgård and Brody are guest, they will join them. If Hiam Abbass is guest-eligible, she’s more on the bubble but I’ll predict her.

Beyond that, I’m very doubtful. It will not get four supporting actors. I know Handmaid’s and Ted Lasso just did it, but this year, while not exactly a bloodbath, will still be marginally more competitive than the last. Maybe maybe if Skarsgård or Brody somehow end up in the category, but with The Gilded Age, The Sandman, and Stranger Things (and potentially even Better Call Saul and The White Lotus) tossing multiple contenders in the mix, I think it’ll be too crowded for Smith-Cameron or Ruck to break through.

EMMYS FYC
    Dickinson – Hailee Steinfeld, Anna Baryshnikov
    Kevin Can F**k Himself – Mary Hollis Inboden
    Only Murders – James Caverley
    The Other Two – Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke
    Physical – Rose Byrne
    Schmigadoon! – Ariana DeBose
    The White Lotus – Alexandra Daddario

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Handmaid’s

Handmaid’s got 3, O-T, Max and Bradley. With how that field for Ted Lasso was I’m actually surprised it didn’t get 5 with Dunster joining as well.

I agree with you about Ruck, not so much about J. Smith-Cameron, IF the show continues to be watched by actors and they see what the critics saw i think she’s in, Succession only has 1 Supp Actress after all.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Urgh, i was checking the site and how cute Menzies’s photo is with the little Emmy next to his photo.
    Shame I’ll never get a picture of him holding it

https://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2021/outstanding-supporting-actor-in-a-drama-series

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am kinda of the opposite mind. Everyone is obsessed with Succession. If we thought it was already popular before the 2020 Emmys, that popularity has likely doubled since then. Everyone was talking about the show’s return yesterday — and with everyone, I also mean industry peeps. It is very likely going to do even better next year than it did last year at the Emmys. To that end, nominations for Ruck and JSC seem quite possible to me, considering how voters just check off a show everywhere if they love it. Of all shows, Stranger Things is not the one that is IMO going to prevent Succession from further expanding in acting noms, seeing as it was completely shut out in acting last year (I know people are gonna refer to THT’s comeback, but even when it was weak last year, it managed to snag three acting noms). I completely agree though that TWL, if eligible in drama, and The Gilded Age are gonna be huge. Expect multiple supporting acting nominations from both shows, assuming the latter is good.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Now that Succession is already going, i just want The Boys to repeat it’s nods and I’m hoping for the Directing and Acting branch to catch up too.

Please god.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

With how that field for Ted Lasso was I’m actually surprised it didn’t get 5 with Dunster joining as well.

LOL him, Jonathan Bailey, Andrew Scott, Justin Hartley, Richard Madden… slap the stud (the UK stud in particular) is REAL.

EMMYS FYC
    Dickinson – Hailee Steinfeld, Anna Baryshnikov
    Kevin Can F**k Himself – Mary Hollis Inboden
    Only Murders – James Caverley
    The Other Two – Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke
    Physical – Rose Byrne
    Schmigadoon! – Ariana DeBose
    The White Lotus – Alexandra Daddario

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The one thing I would caution with Succession is seeing what the ratings are like (obviously from a 2021 HBO context) I do think for it to expand out it’s chances from the (solid) place it is, it might need to build up a bit from a viewership POV.

Surprised that you’re concerned about viewership when the show is more popular now than ever before.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Everyone was talking about the show’s return yesterday — and with everyone, I also mean industry peeps.

Industry people yes. Everybody? No, not really. It needs sponsored hashtags by the streamer here in Australia and Snook is from here.

No drama has ever had quadruple noms in a category in their third season or second nominated season and only last year the supporting actor and actress categories were shared amongst seven and six shows respectively so it’s not like this is happening year-on-year.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Surprised that you’re concerned about viewership when the show is more popular now than ever before.

My point is that’s perception until proven otherwise. I LOVE Succession and I want it to break out.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Industry people yes. Everybody? No, not really. It needs sponsored hashtags by the streamer here in Australia and Snook is from here.

Its overall popularity is vastly overestimated, wbk. It has a strongly passionate group of fans but it didn’t break through like people pretend it has. A show everyone is calling buzzless here has more followers on almost every social media.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Its overall popularity is vastly overestimated, wbk. It has a strongly passionate group of fans but it didn’t break through like people pretend it has. A show everyone is calling buzzless here has more followers on almost every social media.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.