Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 540 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

HBO Max and David Chase in talks for a prequel The Sopranos series based on “The Many Saints of Newark”

https://mobile.twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1451137623473414150

A prequel… for a prequel?

JackLost

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Succession you need to move over

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Succession you need to move over

move over… And get another drama series trophy wbk!

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Squid Game has received 2 Gotham nominations today:

– Breakthrough Series (over 40 minutes)
    – Performance in a New Series – Lee Jung-jae

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

quid Game has received 2 Gotham nominations today: – Breakthrough Series (over 40 minutes) – Performance in a New Series – Lee Jung-jae

I actually really like their nominations overall.`Omar Sy too.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

HBO Max and David Chase in talks for a prequel The Sopranos series based on “The Many Saints of Newark”

https://mobile.twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1451137623473414150

Wouldn’t mind a new Sopranos series but this movie was awful, we don’t want it
    Keep the legacy intact please.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Just some context on Squid Game.

US metrics for week one report 1.91 billion minutes by Nielsen

Obviously that sounds like a lot but for context that’s not been unheard of, ie Bridgerton was significantly more.

So definitely a huge global hit and very solid here but not nearly as big a US one as online hype might suggest.

Profile picture
    Kim Cardassian
    Topics:

Just some context on Squid Game. US metrics for week one report 1.91 billion minutes by Nielsen Obviously that sounds like a lot but for context that’s not been unheard of, ie Bridgerton was significantly more. So definitely a huge global hit and very solid here but not nearly as big a US one as online hype might suggest.

That only accounts for total viewership in its first week of release. Doesn’t encapsulate the entire impact of Squid Game as the buzz only snowballed after the first week. Keep in mind, for the first days hardly anyone knew about Squid Game, it took 4-5 days for it to reach #1 in the US with zero marketing and strictly word-of-mouth.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

That only accounts for total viewership in its first week of release. Doesn’t encapsulate the entire impact of Squid Game as the buzz only snowballed after the first week. Keep in mind, for the first days hardly anyone knew about Squid Game, it took 4-5 days for it to reach #1 in the US with zero marketing and strictly word-of-mouth.

This is for their second week eligible (their first week captures that – I believe they were 11th after a few days). I would imagine week 3 was too.

My point here is to monitor it (they’re no longer number one, so I would imagine one more week gives the full peak). It’s quite likely from a US perspective this is maybe equivalent to Bridgerton which on balance is not a terrible comparison Emmy wise (early cycle release, cast generally unknown to the US votership) who ultimately got a single acting nom and a drama nom in a relatively weak year.

Profile picture
    Kim Cardassian
    Topics:

This is for their second week eligible (their first week captures that – I believe they were 11th after a few days). I would imagine week 3 was too. My point here is to monitor it (they’re no longer number one, so I would imagine one more week gives the full peak). It’s quite likely from a US perspective this is maybe equivalent to Bridgerton which on balance is not a terrible comparison Emmy wise (early cycle release, cast generally unknown to the US votership) who ultimately got a single acting nom and a drama nom in a relatively weak year.

What I’d like to see are the next 2 or 3 weeks side-by-side, Bridgerton vs. Squid Game. Until then, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

What I’d like to see are the next 2 or 3 weeks side-by-side, Bridgerton vs. Squid Game. Until then, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

I’m…not, I’m saying exactly that. It’s more just pointing out that reported global figures aren’t necessarily indicative of the USA, and it should be something that’s monitored to get an accurate feel of how big it is in the US, especially for a show with no track record from previous seasons

There is increasing rhetoric around almost every show on every service that it is their biggest X or biggest Y and also a lot of fan pushing to claim there’s as the biggest.

I have no doubt the show is big. It may be significantly bigger than Bridgerton. But there is a difference between radio commentators today parroting that based on their personal circumstances around 75% of people on earth over the age of 2 have watched it and it’s a sensation in kindergartens to 90 year olds.

(Also I don’t know why people are letting pre-schoolers what Squid Game)

Profile picture
    Maz
    Topics:

It would be safe to say that Squid Game has more viewers than Sucession. The show has more Imdb ratings and is currently the number 1 show on IMDB. The fact it got an SNL spoof for a Korean show is a big achievement

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It would be safe to say that Squid Game has more viewers than Sucession. The show has more Imdb ratings and is currently the number 1 show on IMDB. The fact it got an SNL spoof for a Korean show is a big achievement

It’s a very big deal!

It’s the difference between “everyone tries out episode 1” versus “everyone watches and rewatches this for three months” I’m curious about for a freshman show.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Of course, it’s so obvious since the beginning. That said, Succession, which basically was a no1curr series, was the show that defeated global summer hit called Ozark last year. With this amount of increasing buzz, and since The Squid Game’s reception is not as raved as that show is, I believe Succession still has the edge. I am so excited, actually, seeing how the competition will turn out later because The Lords of the Ring is coming for blood.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

That’s … obvious???

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.