Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 540 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

We’ll be moving The Gilded Age to comedy à la The Flight Attendant WBK!

Laura and Carrie won’t be competing together either so we both win!

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m trying to tell myself that but SAG is weird so who knows what they have in store. There is bound to be a surprise or two. In the platter filled with the usual suspects,who knows what they SERVE this time which is not in the menu?

Who’s the equivalent of John Krasinski this year? One of the Falcon and The Winter Solider guys?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Laura and Carrie won’t be competing together either so we both win!

Poor Sandra Oh.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Is Paramount + running the Dexter revival in the US (they are in some other countries?) as well as Showtime?

not now, no. The biggest blunder of ViacomCBS’s streaming strategy is keeping Shotime and Paramount+ as separate entities which has only decreased the relevancy of both. What Disney did with FX and Hulu shows how to maintain brand identities while still condensing.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Who’s the equivalent of John Krasinski this year? One of the Falcon and The Winter Solider guys?

I’m not predicting her but I think Rosamund Pike could very well be “the John Krasinski” of this year.

We always assume that Krasinski got in at SAG purely because his show was a big genre hit but it’s worth mentioning that he was nominated at the same ceremony that Emily Blunt won at for A Quiet Place. He had a lot of individual buzz that year.

Pike feels like she could be in a similar situation. She’s leading Amazon’s most high profile (and expensive) drama series to date, an arguably highly anticipated adaptation of novels with a cult following. But also I think we keep forgetting how big a hit I Care A Lot was earlier this year and the fact she received an interesting amount of individual buzz due to it and her Globe win in quick succession.

Outside of the predictions centre top 3 the drama actress race at SAG seems to be quite wide open so I wouldn’t be shocked if Pike manages to get in over Rodriguez and Aduba like Krasinski got in over Rhys and Porter.

FYC:
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Pike feels like she could be in a similar situation. She’s leading Amazon’s most high profile (and expensive) drama series to date, an arguably highly anticipated adaptation of novels with a cult following. But also I think we keep forgetting how big a hit I Care A Lot was earlier this year and the fact she received an interesting amount of individual buzz due to it and her Globe win in quick succession

Yeah, it’s a good point. She’s all over the promo and trailers and it’s playing every time prior to other shows on Prime now, too, so even if they’re not watching it, it’d be pretty hard to be unaware of her presence in it if you have even a passing knowledge of it’s existence.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

not now, no. The biggest blunder of ViacomCBS’s streaming strategy is keeping Shotime and Paramount+ as separate entities which has only decreased the relevancy of both. What Disney did with FX and Hulu shows how to maintain brand identities while still condensing.

Arghhh, frustrating.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

What’s even odder is that` Showtime is the only major ViaCom channel (sorry TV Land, CMT, Pop & Logo) that doesn’t have a Paramount+ tab.

Is someone purposely trying to tank it?

ParamountPlusTabs
    ParamountPlusTabs

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What’s even odder is that` Showtime is the only major ViaCom channel (sorry TV Land, CMT, Pop & Logo) that doesn’t have a Paramount+ tab. Is someone purposely trying to tank it?  ParamountPlusTabs

Wtf is the Smithsonian Channel 💀💀💀

FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BigIssue/status/1453673754962374668

Brian Cox trashing Tarantino, Johnny Depp and Steven Seagal 🤣

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

What’s even odder is that` Showtime is the only major ViaCom channel (sorry TV Land, CMT, Pop & Logo) that doesn’t have a Paramount+ tab. Is someone purposely trying to tank it? ParamountPlusTabs ParamountPlusTabs

Showtime is its own separate service.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I wasn’t sure if Amazon’s The Power would go limited or drama but it looks like it is going drama as per Toheeb Jimoh’s Instagram

The book is great but I’m not sure this is the greatest tonal fit for Prime or how they’d campaign it, but it will be advantageous to Toheeb for Ted Lasso if this comes out within the voting period cos it’s a good part.

Nina Gold was casting on this and I get the impression from following Reed Morano intermittently (this started filming pre-pandemic!) this has shot all over the world – certainly not a small show, just a bit under the  radar.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

What if Christine Baranski is like Jean Smart and she can only win awards for comedy.. (Emmy and SAG for Cybill)

Still wouldn’t explain all her losses and misses for Big Bang Theory, one of the biggest comedies of all time

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

According to Production Weekly:

– Perry Mason Season 2 will start production in December 2021 and it will end in June 2022.

– Succession Season 4 will start production in June 2022.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

– Succession Season 4 will start production in June 2022.

So Succession will miss 2022 Emmys.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.