Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 272 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
8 seconds ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Boys will likely still have the writers support and unlimited campaign resources if nothing else.

Curious to see how it does to next year though. 2022 is (on paper) looking to be least competitive for Drama since GoT8 avoidance of 2019 and this will be the first time it’s competing with a Spring air date.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Saw today re people involved that The Time Traveller’s Wife (which I believe is confirmed as ongoing) is scheduled for Spring, which makes me pretty sure that House of The Dragon misses eligibility or goes June, as weekly releases of The Gilded Age plus Time Traveller’s Wife would take them all the way up to the end of May.

Am also wondering if they’re campaigning something with such clear leads if The Gilded Age is intending to campaign most or all of the cast in supporting. The people they’ve got have been much more successful being campaigned in supporting historically.

I’m assuming now that HBO then campaigns Euphoria, Succession, The Gilded Age, and The Time Traveller’s Wife (at various different levels).

Something somewhat lower profile fits for that last month and a half of eligibility, if we assume Stranger Things sneaks in there (which I currently suspect after looking around) over Bridgerton and Disney are running Obi-Wan Kenobi in late April to May.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think Netflix should concentrate their Squid Game campaign, and focus on a SAG Ensemble nom, an Emmy drama nom and nominations for their potentially returning actors, notably Lee Jung-Jae (lead) and Gong Yoo (guest eligible, I think).

Other nominations would be wonderful, but I think those should be the focus, and would fit in with other Netflix priorities.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

When Squid Game was first mentioned here, I wasn’t aware of the show’s existence so I hesitated about whether it would grab Emmy noms. A short time later, it turned into such a global phenomenon and I also started watching. I just finished watching Episode 6 and WOW what a show!! It is indeed incredible and I’m sure with its massive popularity it will attract US awards attention.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Considering that it was tweeted by Netflix FILM, it’s probably something related to The Killer, Fincher’s new movie with Michael Fassbender.

Off topic

It was a random “new documentary series of visual essays celebrating cinema, from the mind of one of film’s modern masters”

Wow, when did David Fincher became so boring. Mank and now this lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Boo we wanted Mindhunter

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Brian Cox = the Olivia Colman of this year

Jeremy Strong = the Emma Corrin of this year

Jason Bateman = the Elisabeth Moss of this year

Bob Odenkirk = the MJ Rodriguez of this year

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Not “YOU” season 3 debuting with a 81 MC Score

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/you/season-3

Badgley and Pedretti our new duo winner

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

GIVE ALI from squid game a nom!!

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Badgley and Pedretti our new duo winner

As they should be.

In all seriousness though, they’re actually great on the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

Jason Bateman = the Elisabeth Moss of this year

I know you’re only referring to their awards chances, but the general thought of comparing Moss to Bateman is laughable 😅

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know you’re only referring to their awards chances, but the general thought of comparing Moss to Bateman is laughable 😅

Moss outsells wbk!

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It was like the comparison between The Undoing and Unbelievable, the points made sense and all but i was dying with the two shows in the same sentence.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Mayor of Kingstown (still can’t believe this name) trailer

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Not even sure if this will be eligible but in the absence of Mandalorian and the possibility that Loki flops at the winter guilds, Disney+ could have a contender in Snowdrop.

It’s a South Korean romantic period melodrama from the creatives behind Sky Castle (second most watched K-Drama of all time). Disney will have exclusive international distribution as a “Plus Original” and seems to be setting up as their service’s main selling point when it launches in SK next month.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but won’t this their first original scripted show that isn’t an IP spin-off, reboot etc. That could be a major campaign narrative for it, “see, we can make great original entertainment as well”.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.