Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 8)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Victor
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The trades are really obsessed with Bel-Air on Peacock (March) which no doubt they will submit but it would have to be fantastic to break out on the Fresh Prince name alone, the combination of Peacock+an unknown cast seems very unlikely to me.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know we differ on how heavy they’ll go with Succession in guest but I think it’s a fairly open category that might be a bit prone to outside contenders in any case, particularly if HBO don’t over submit.

One show I am keeping an eye on guest is <i>Julia</i>. It might not end up being a contender outside of its two leads but it does have a guest cast Emmy voters are familiar with in roles that sound quite interesting. Isabella Rossellini, James Cromwell, Judith Light…

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

One show I am keeping an eye on guest is <i>Julia</i>. It might not end up being a contender outside of its two leads but it does have a guest cast Emmy voters are familiar with in roles that sound quite interesting. Isabella Rossellini, James Cromwell, Judith Light…

I’m always very conscious of people they’ve nominated before but in particular under this current voting system above the line. Light has gotten in twice above the line (for Transparent and ACS) since the new system came in so is a good call here on paper in guest.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Will Succession even submit that much in Guest? For S2 they only submitted three performers (Cromwell, Jones and Walter – Hunter’s episode count forced her into supporting).

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Will Succession even submit that much in Guest? For S2 they only submitted three performers (Cromwell, Jones and Walter – Hunter’s episode count forced her into supporting).

I do suspect it’s contractual who they do or don’t submit, obviously they can self submit but that does seem to be more of a thing people do when they’re leaving.

GoT often just submitted one person when they could have submitted more

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They might not. But they haven’t had many guests as high profile (or really many guest arcs) on the show until now.

I think they’ll at least submit Walter, Abbass, Davis, Brody, Skarsgard and Kirk. Moayed is in Inventing Anna, was on the ballot last time round (in supporting) and is featured in the main title credits so I assume he’ll be submitted as well.

Birney, Vasquez and Root are probably unlikely but with Barry being in contention on the comedy side I can see them submitting Root in hopes of getting double nominations (a bit like how NBC have always submitted whomever is in contention at the Emmys for SNL).

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Walter, Abbass, Cromwell, Skarsgard and Brody are probably gonna be the show’s guest submissions and anything more will be unusual for HBO.  I think Moayed self submitted in 2020 so maybe he does that again.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Walter, Abbass, Cromwell, Skarsgard and Brody are probably gonna be the show’s guest submissions and anything more will be unusual for HBO

Would Kirk really be unusual? HBO submitted him last year for Perry Mason after all and his character was one of the most talked about guests of the season.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I meant unusual in terms of number. Submitting 4-5 people for 5 spots is not how HBO usually does things. They are very picky with guest submissions. I also feel the lack of publicity around Kirk’s involvement pre airing is probably a good indication of his priority status there. He does make the most sense after the 5 I listed though.

Profile picture
    Fleming18
    Topics:

I haven’t read the books so I don’t know if it’s awards material, but could Slow Horses fall under Unknown, since it was filming in Feb 2021?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I haven’t read the books so I don’t know if it’s awards material, but could Slow Horses fall under Unknown, since it was filming in Feb 2021?

They’ve been filming Season 2, so yes – I think I mentioned that a little bit further back, good pick up. I do get the impression it’s a bit more BAFTA than Emmys in tone, but in terms of Emmy eligibility it would make no sense to delay the first season past May because Pryce and Cooke are eligible for other high profile  shows running in drama in 2023.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.