Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 8)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

There’s a new hot supporting actor contender in town. I know Billy Crudup is shaking…

“Squid Game” Star Wi Ha Joon Makes People Magazine’s 2021 List Of 25 Sexiest Men On TV

‘Squid Game’ star Wi Ha Joon to star as male lead in new drama ‘Little Women’: Reports

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Freddie Highmore was amazing in the latest episode of The Good Doctor. It’s a shame that Emmy voters don’t watch this series.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Gilded Age‘s trailer seems to have generated a surprising amount of internet interest. It currently stands at 5.8 million views on YouTube and 3 million views on Instagram whilst in that same time frame Inventing Anna has attracted 329k views on YouTube and 838k views on Instagram and Landscapers has 2.8 million views on YouTube.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

I would love to see a big Euphoria breakthrough in Series, Directing, Writing, and other Acting nominations next year. Here’s hoping.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

If the Universe is just and gracious, Susan Kelechi Watson gets a goodbye nomination for the final season of This Is Us

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I feel like if someone doesn’t pull ahead for Succession in the supporting actor race and three (or four) get nominated this is going to end up a Garner in 2019 situation. I can’t imagine Braun winning but he definitely has his base, Ruck clearly also has some supporters and Culkin and McFadyen are pretty close.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way Macfayden should so obviously be winning.. this needs to be a case where vote splitting isn’t a thing.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The way Macfayden should so obviously be winning.. this needs to be a case where vote splitting isn’t a thing.

He’d be my pick. But I don’t think overall consensus is clear. It feels less clear than S2 to me.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

John Lithgow could win if The Old Man ends up being a contender and he has a sizeable role in it.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

John Lithgow could win if The Old Man ends up being a contender and he has a sizeable role in it.

Or they could just default back to Crudup.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Or they could just default back to Crudup.

They could. Although I just wonder has anyone ever repeated for a season of their show that has had “weaker” support at the Emmys?

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

They could. Although I just wonder has anyone ever repeated for a season of their show that has had “weaker” support at the Emmys?

Probably not recently but I’m sure it’s happened. Plus Duplass is miles weaker than S1 and Crudup still beat him then.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Probably not recently but I’m sure it’s happened. Plus Duplass is miles weaker than S1 and Crudup still beat him then.

Yes but The Morning Show had much stronger support for season 1 than it does for season 2.

Of course he can repeat (and it would be a deserving repeat) but at the same time to benefit from a vote-split your support needs to be strong in itself. Bowen Yang could have benefitted from a vote-split but SNL wasn’t strong enough to overcome Ted Lasso in any category last year so vote-splitting wasn’t an issue for someone like Brett Goldstein. Kathryn Hahn could have benefitted from a Julianne Nicholson/Jean Smart split but she didn’t because WandaVision‘s support was quite weak even with the technical branches whilst Mare of Easttown had strong support amongst actors.

So at the same time I wonder if Crudup is really strong enough to benefit from a Succession vote-split.

FYC:

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Yes but The Morning Show had much stronger support for season 1 than it does for season 2.

(We assume)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.