Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 8)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

(We assume)

That is of course true. However we do know that this finale (and the season as a whole) hasn’t been met with as much enthusiasm as the first season’s finale was which is all one can go off of right now.

I think with regards to Crudup what should be interesting to see is how much his support is independent from his show’s and how much of it was due to his show’s support and passion.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

That is of course true. However we do know that this finale (and the season as a whole) hasn’t been met with as much enthusiasm as the first season’s finale was which is all one can go off of right now.

Of course and I also expect a big industry lull on the show this year.

But you never know. We should not forget how much GD underestimated the first season at SAG because of the critical response and animosity on the forums. Aniston was at #8 in the predictions center for the noms and Carell at #7 with Crudup not even there at all to predict! I am hedging my bets on overly commenting on what the industry will think of season 2 until we have some proof.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

But you never know. We should not forget how much GD underestimated the first season at SAG because of the critical response and animosity on the forums. Aniston was at #8 in the predictions center for the noms and Carell at #7 with Crudup not even there at all to predict! I am hedging my bets on overly commenting on what the industry will think of season 2 until we have some proof.

Yeah. I have come to the conclusion that it is very much an industry show, or at least, season 1 was. We also shouldn’t discount that those guys campaign fairly aggressively compared to the competition.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hey everyone, popping on this thread because it’s the first i saw here and to give an update no one asked for.
    Sorry for the personal off topic but I’m going through something right now (a benign mass has appeared in my head, and doctors are unsure how to treat it yet, they say don’t worry, should be simple, but I’m scared nonetheless). I’m hoping for the best and i really wish you hope with me.

I’m looking forward to get back into debates with you all in the near future.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Hey everyone, popping on this thread because it’s the first i saw here and to give an update no one asked for.

Oh, how scary. Very best of luck.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Hey everyone, popping on this thread because it’s the first i saw here and to give an update no one asked for. Sorry for the personal off topic but I’m going through something right now (a benign mass has appeared in my head, and doctors are unsure how to treat it yet, they say don’t worry, should be simple, but I’m scared nonetheless). I’m hoping for the best and i really wish you hope with me. I’m looking forward to get back into debates with you all in the near future.

Oh god, how scary indeed — I am so sorry to hear this. 😔 Anyway, we’ll be keeping you in our thoughts and hoping with you. We cannot wait to have you back with us here!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hey everyone, popping on this thread because it’s the first i saw here and to give an update no one asked for. Sorry for the personal off topic but I’m going through something right now (a benign mass has appeared in my head, and doctors are unsure how to treat it yet, they say don’t worry, should be simple, but I’m scared nonetheless). I’m hoping for the best and i really wish you hope with me. I’m looking forward to get back into debates with you all in the near future.

Oh my goodness I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope you get through this well and I look forward to seeing you on here to talk about more television!

FYC:

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I’m so so sorry to hear this, Victor. Wishing you the absolute very best and please reach out to any of us if you need anything. We’re here for you. Sending love and light always and forever hon. Please take all the time you need.

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So…

FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

So…

Another win for sexy people

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

So…

Can I be honest? At this point, I think the best guest is Justin Kirk (not that he also wasn’t great). Much less likely to happen, of course.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can I be honest? At this point, I think the best guest is Justin Kirk (not that he also wasn’t great). Much less likely to happen, of course.

I thought Kirk was great too! I wouldn’t mind either of them winning.

I’ll probably say though that in hindsight I feel a bit letdown by Adrien Brody. Although he did have some interesting material his appearance felt like it was a glorified cameo.

FYC:

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Oh yes, I definitely am preferring Kirk over Skarsgard, but Skarsgard has more substantial  scenes coming, so that could definitely change.

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Despite The Wheel of Time not being a critical hit, I don’t think there’s any doubt it’s probably a commercial one at this stage

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Apparently it’s Prime’s biggest launch of the year and fifth biggest ever.

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.