Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 519 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
JV
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Official”Everything We Can Tell You About Ozark S4 part 1  vid from Netflix

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I hope Matthew Weiner and Damon Lindelof aren’t taking notes

they would never

Profile picture
    Leiylna Ana
    Topics:

Can Lee Jung jae gets into Emmy lineup
    He got into Gotham , aacta , independent spirit , sag , globes and cc ?? He didn’t miss anything

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

He got into Gotham , aacta , independent spirit , sag , globes and cc ?? He didn’t miss anything

I think he is a very, very good chance to be nominated. I am less certain as to whether he can win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lee Jung-jae’s chances depend on SAG. If he wins there he’s definitely win competitive for the Emmy. If he loses to Strong, he has no chance.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    A
    Topics:

Are Yellowstone & 1883 really worth the hype? I feel like the high viewership is because there are just decent show made for southern Americans and they are the ones who still watch TV

I doubt they are gonna be nominated or maybe just 1883

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Are Yellowstone & 1883 really worth the hype? I feel like the high viewership is because there are just decent show made for southern Americans and they are the ones who still watch TV

I haven’t watched 1883. I have watched Yellowstone. It is a very well made, good looking show that really commits to its soapy, primetime soap opera vibe in sort of a Dallas homage (not unlike Yellowjackets not being afraid to use some of the Lost tropes) and succeeds very well in that. It will naturally appeal to older viewers. Some of the things people can criticise in it could be easily pointd at other shows (ie only one realy compelling female character ala Succession)

I think there is a perception it has an explicit political agenda which is why it’s taken a while to move to the coast, and that simply isn’t the case.

It certainly has some fans on certain sides of the political spectrum owing to where it’s geographically more popular, but I’ve always thought it amusing when people say “Yellowstone isn’t woke like X” when the show has, for instance, had a four season subplot on Native American land rights.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Melanie Lynskey gets nominated I think we seriously need to discuss her as a potential winner here. She’s got a performance that has been striking up a lot of acclaim, an overdue narrative but also (and perhaps more importantly) Yellowjackets seems to be a show that is growing and growing in visibility and buzz.

If the field is wide open again I can see it being a Rami Malek/Billy Porter situation. She’s also someone I won’t be surprised to see show up at TCA.

FYC:

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

What are we thinking for the guest categories?

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    Succession
    The Great
    Nine Days
    Mass

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What are we thinking for the guest categories?

Right now I’m at:

Guest Actor

1. Alexander Skarsgard, Succession
    2. James Cromwell, Succession
    3. Martin Short, The Morning Show
    4. James Cromwell, Julia
    5. Adrien Brody, Succession
    6. Nathan Lane, The Gilded Age

7. Will Arnett, The Morning Show
    8. Justin Kirk, Succession
    9. Gong Yoo, Squid Game
    10. John Lithgow, Dexter : New Blood

Guest Actress

1. Harriet Walter, Succession
    2. Phylicia Rashad, This is Us
    3. Hiam Abbass, Succession
    4. Hope Davis, Succession
    5. Marcia Gay Harden, The Morning Show
    6. Julianne Nicholson, Winning Time

7. Jeanne Tripplehorn, The Gilded Age
    8. Audra McDonald, The Gilded Age
    9. Sanaa Lathan, Succession
    10. Judith Light, Julia

FYC:

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I think Nicholson is a good call and there’s probably a guest actor in WT that’ll be nominated as well (Letts?). I’d also bet on either Grant or Majors popping up for Loki.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    Succession
    The Great
    Nine Days
    Mass

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If Melanie Lynskey gets nominated I think we seriously need to discuss her as a potential winner here. She’s got a performance that has been striking up a lot of acclaim, an overdue narrative but also (and perhaps more importantly) Yellowjackets seems to be a show that is growing and growing in visibility and buzz.

I’m biased when I’m sitting here with a Lynskey pic on my profile but I agree it’s a “the people who are watching are hooked” situation. That doesn’t always translate, but it often helps ala Porter or Zendaya.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not really considering anyone aside from Lynskey making it in from Yellowjackets at this stage but is it just me or does it feel like Christina Ricci has had a lot of individual buzz these past few days? I’ve seen so many interviews and articles about her performance and her career.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m not really considering anyone aside from Lynskey making it in from Yellowjackets at this stage but is it just me or does it feel like Christina Ricci has had a lot of individual buzz these past few days? I’ve seen so many interviews and articles about her performance and her career.

I feel like Ricci is the “in” for people in the more general press writing about the show and trying to convince people to tune in, people know Ricci’s niche/style and it’s a good manifestation of the undertones of the show. Lynskey is the one the trades and industry feel like they’re picking up on. Ricci is also a bit more of a general interest press interest these last few weeks because she’s just had a baby and was pregnant filming.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.