Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 519 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
JV
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Watching the first few eps of Euphoria S2 wow they really could go either way on this. Beautiful, but potentially just a little too self indulgent. I’d have been obsessed with this in my 20s but being a bit older and probably closer to voter age I can see why voters wouldn’t go for it for as many reasons as I can see they would.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The problem I have with predicting Euphoria to expand right now is that it’s such a volatile show. Even its fanbase and the Internet can go from raving about it to panning it at any second.

I’m waiting to see what the reception is to the finale. I will say though I do think Zendaya is probably safe regardless considering how much goodwill she has and how rare it is for shows to completely collapse at the Emmys after doing so well the previous year (see how well The Morning Show is doing with the guilds right now).

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

As noted, unsure where it will be placed, but Moon Knight definitely making eligibility

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscar Isaac is coming!

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

That date’s quite interesting because it totally rules out She-Hulk, which has too many episodes to air. Obi-Wan could, but they’d have to do a 2+1+1+1 and 3+1+1+1 drop to achieve it I think? Can a limited series run an episode or two outside of the end of May cut off.

Edit: trailer:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can a limited series run an episode or two outside of the end of May cut off.

Yes. Along as it’s only an episode or two. Hacks did that.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yes. Along as it’s only an episode or two. Hacks did that.

Ah – yep if they ran Obi-Wan directly after presuming it’s ready and did 2+1+1 drops like Hawkeye it would end on June 1.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Moon Knight looks really great. No idea if it could be a player, or if it’ll be in drama or miniseries but looks cool nonetheless.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Moon Knight looks really great. No idea if it could be a player, or if it’ll be in drama or miniseries but looks cool nonetheless.

The biggest disadvantage to putting Moon Knight in limited is Isaac was competitive enough to get in to SAG for Scenes, so he’d be competing with himself. Two lead acting noms in a year rarely happens, two in the same category would be virtually impossible.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

The biggest disadvantage to putting Moon Knight in limited is Isaac was competitive enough to get in to SAG for Scenes, so he’d be competing with himself. Two lead acting noms in a year rarely happens, two in the same category would be virtually impossible.

They can just go Drama then. I’m sure the Disney/Marvel team would love to have a big show nom’d at the Emmy’s every year starting last year.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

That date’s quite interesting because it totally rules out She-Hulk, which has too many episodes to air. Obi-Wan could, but they’d have to do a 2+1+1+1 and 3+1+1+1 drop to achieve it I think? Can a limited series run an episode or two outside of the end of May cut off.

Edit: trailer:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

I didn’t like this trailer. Should have shown he changing his accent as he changes his personality and more glimpses of the story. It was bad edited and this awful song (Sorry, I’m a Fiona Apple/Agnes Obel person) ruined the momentum.

Oscar Isaac looks great, though, and Ethan Hawke looks really good as a cult leader.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The TV academy really need to tackle these Disney frauds. People complain about Big Little Lies and Mare of Easttown competing in limited series but I find it far worse that shows that are intended as limited series are being placed in drama and comedy and end up taking slots from more deserving continuing series.

FYC:

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

There was a very early leak that’s been panning out as footage and info has come out. Leak stated that the show ends on a cliffhanger. So it could hypothetically have a second season BUT it’s equally likely that it’s leading into a plot line in a movie.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There was a very early leak that’s been panning out as footage and info has come out. Leak stated that the show ends on a cliffhanger. So it could hypothetically have a second season BUT it’s equally likely that it’s leading into a plot line in a movie.

If they are definitely having a second season I won’t mind it competing in drama. But it shouldn’t if this second season is like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier‘s hypothetical “season 2”.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If they are definitely having a second season I won’t mind it competing in drama. But it shouldn’t if this second season is like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier‘s hypothetical “season 2”.

The thing is positioning it as a drama so they can set up a movie is a shitty thing to do given they now have close to a monopoly on the box office. I don’t care about the occasional category movement etc but Disney+ have barely been in the game two years and this is becoming a pattern. Apple and Netflix aren’t running big budget movies in TV movie even though they probably could because it’s not really in the spirit of the competition.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.