Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 519 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
JV
  • Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Moon Knight looks freaking amazing. March, where are you at?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

If they are definitely having a second season I won’t mind it competing in drama. But it shouldn’t if this second season is like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier‘s hypothetical “season 2”.

I’m still partially convinced that FaWS only went Drama because of the fewer than usual jokes in the show compared to other marvel projects.

In an exclusive interview with IndieWire, Marvel Studios VP of Production & Development and “Falcon and Winter Soldier” executive producer Nate Moore said they started planning to run the series as a Drama fairly early on.

“[The decision] came about sort of as the series was launching, but it was something we were thinking about even as we were making it — not because we think, ‘Oh my God, it’s so great,’ but because it does feel a bit more dramatic than some of our typical stuff,” Moore said. “As this is sort of our first foray into television, even if it’s Disney+, we thought [the category placement] was appropriate for what the show is trying to tackle.”

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

ot because we think, ‘Oh my God, it’s so great,’ but because it does feel a bit more dramatic than some of our typical stuff,” Moore said. “As this is sort of our first foray into television, even if it’s Disney+, we thought [the category placement] was appropriate for what the show is trying to tackle.”

If every show that “had a dramatic element” went to drama, there would be no point in even having a drama category.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Oscar and Ethan are easily being nominated whether in Drama or Limited, both roles seem to be baity af. My mind is telling me they’ll submit it as Limited (simply because Marvel already has Hawkeye in Comedy and Loki in Drama) but my heart thinks Disney will place it as Drama, it seems to be darker than normal MCU content.

If Obi-Wan gets released, then i think Moon Knight will be place as a drama.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AppleTV/status/1483454180178251783

Severance trailer

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AppleTV/status/1483454180178251783

Severance trailer

Adam Scott looks great and looks like the Lead Lead. He could get nominated if the show is good and popular.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Adam Scott looks great and looks like the Lead Lead. He could get nominated if the show is good and popular.

Lead actor in a drama looking to be the most competitive field this year

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I was just looking through the list of pending releases and can anyone think of any other shows that would conceivably be ready that have actually done some level of formal promo but not dated themselves? (As opposed to something like Slow Horses that we know exists but hasn’t had any official promo?)

I came up with:

AMC: 61st Street – had a trailer at TCA late last year and is shooting Season 2 (of 2 total) so definitely drama

FX: The Old Man – had a trailer back in 2020. This could go limited given the source, but that’s not been explicitly stated. Bridges has been sick which has delayed production and were supposed to be filming in January?

HBO/HBO Max: Julia, The Time Traveler’s Wife – both wrapped and in HBOs 2022 preview video. Presumably May/April releases? Has been indicated these are both drama.

Netflix: The Sandman – wrapped 6+ months  ago and has had several official promo drops since. This seems like an April-ish release to avoid Moon Knight/The Boys? Def. drama based on source.

Paramount+: Halo – wrapped and released a promo trailer a few weeks back that was undated. Trades have indicated March-ish? This has generally always presumed drama given source I think.

Showtime: The Man Who Fell To Earth – wrapped was in EW’s 2022 preview. Could also go limited given source, or possibly held back in fear of diluting Yellowjackets I guess?

Anything I’m missing?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I definitely think Severance could be a big contender if it’s well received. Let’s not forget what happened the last time Patricia Arquette and Ben Stiller teamed up.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I definitely think Severance could be a big contender if it’s well received. Let’s not forget what happened the last time Patricia Arquette and Ben Stiller teamed up.

Apple’s biggest issue is always going to be visibility outside of The Morning Show and Ted Lasso, however this is nicely dated to have a bit of time to get an audience and it looks really interesting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ozark season 4 opens on Rotten Tomatoes with an 83% score.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

First reviews of Ozark trickling through, Variety, Indiewire, Telegraph AV Club and Morning Journal here.

They are a little muted in terms of the show generally (one describes it as a window dressing set up for the second half). Good notices for Linney in particular and Garner again. The last review notes Bateman doesn’t direct at all in this first season but Robin Wright is the most notable of the directors and does good work on the penultimate 6th and final 7th episode.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Robin Wright is coming for that directing nom y’all.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Robin Wright really was like…

FYC:

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Whew Robin coming for her overdue Emmy 👏 she was robbed of noms in directing for House of Cards already.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.