Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 519 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
JV
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Absolutely zero evidence they’d be running ATL campaign (the cast is very unknown) for this but I would presume as per the original Vikings this will be a BTL submission

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Whew Robin coming for her overdue Emmy she was robbed of noms in directing for House of Cards already.

Slashfilm also says the season has pacing issues (which seems a reasonable statement given the other reviews) but that Wright’s finale is excellent, so yep, I’d pencil Wright in for a directing nom.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

LINNEY

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

LINNEY

My general feeling from reviews (I think I’ve read 6 or 7) is Garner is as good as she always is, Bateman’s solid but not being called out as a standout, but that this feels really strong for Linney.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I’m unsurprised by the acclaim for Linney. It was pretty much guaranteed that she would (once again) deliver a great performance. She will likely need more than that to win the Emmy though, as 2020 proved. The field could be slightly weaker for her this time which would be an advantage, and part 2 releasing before the eligibility deadline or during voting would help too. I hope the stars align for her because the performance she gives is win-worthy.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I do not buy Laura Linney or Sandra Oh winning at this stage of their runs. This does not fit what the TV Academy has been doing. Matthew Rhys won, but he didn’t have much competition.

It’s kinda logical. I don’t expect all the voters to keep watching every season of every show, and that’s also why “newcomers” usually struggle to get nominated.

If submitted in Lead, Jung Ho-yeon would stand a very good chance considering her popularity and how much she is considered a fan favorite. Melanie Lynskey as well, if Yellowjackets ends up being a big thing (it looks like it will be).

On another note, I should not underestimate Zendaya, but I don’t know if she’s able to win again with her show likely not being a strong ATL player again (Billy Porter comes to my mind), but yeah, she’s very much in to win again.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

So it seems like season 4 of Ozark is a step down from season 3. A bit disappointed. I thought the show was on a rising path, in terms of quality. Oh well…I guess it will be worth it for Linney (again). Also, excited to see Robin’s directing in the last two episodes.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way Melanie Lynskey and Christina Ricci give some of the best performances of the year and deserve to be win competitive at the Emmys 

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I’ve been thinking for a while that Lynskey totally makes sense as a winner

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The hurdle for Lynskey is the nomination. If she can get that then she can definitely win with Yellowjackets‘ momentum, the passion for her performance and the overdue narrative she seems to have. It also feels like a wide open field right now in that category which can of course only help.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I do not buy Laura Linney or Sandra Oh winning at this stage of their runs. This does not fit what the TV Academy has been doing. Matthew Rhys won, but he didn’t have much competition. It’s kinda logical. I don’t expect all the voters to keep watching every season of every show, and that’s also why “newcomers” usually struggle to get nominated.

I agree with your logic. It’s lovely to hopedict and stan Linney and Oh but I don’t think it will happen. Oh isn’t helped by the presence of Comer getting consistently baity material nor being on BBC America/AMC+ when they’re kind of weak

The only real ongoing show that’s bucked the trend is Schitt’s which had an enormous bump in popularity. Netflix also don’t promote Ozark enough and this more than any year their focus will likely fixate on Garner because of Inventing Anna. 

I also tend to think people overrate Ozark because of Garner’s success but I think it’s very likely she was never a particularly resounding winner. All the Ozark cast have benefited from SAG’s predilection towards them and they don’t have that as a precursor this year.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The hurdle for Lynskey is the nomination.

Lynskey is certainly good enough to win.

I really want to see Gilded Age reviews to see if it’s a factor but boy if it is, HBO are doing a really rotten job on promoting it. Has Coon done any publicity?

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

If submitted in Lead, Jung Ho-yeon would stand a very good chance considering her popularity and how much she is considered a fan favorite.

an east asian lead? idk about that given the academy’s historic racism.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Ozark is coming.
    Reviews looking good

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Lynskey is certainly good enough to win. I really want to see Gilded Age reviews to see if it’s a factor but boy if it is, HBO are doing a really rotten job on promoting it. 

i think Yellowjackets may be the new series contender we’ve spent two years thinking The Gilded Age would be

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.