Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 519 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
JV
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

stans are going to push those clips like oxys,

The encapsulation of fan culture 2022 in those nine words made me laugh out loud.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I feel like SAG is locked for Snook, she has the momentum but the emmy is too soon to call, who knows what other shows bring

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

My gut feeling is they get an actor or two in but not program. Or the reverse. I’d not be surprised if YellowSTONE gets a program nom but YellowJACKETS gets acting noms.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Everyone is forgetting we have four months still to air. Snook is great and incredibly win-competitive, but the immediacy of the finale in particular will likely have gone by then because that’s how people’s brains works. Look at how Nicholson, who peaked at the finale, has dropped off by Winter.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As premature as it may be I do think Lynskey is probably in if Yellowjackets lands at PGA. It would suggest quite a strong amount of industry support and appeal that only a SAG nomination (which I assume Yellowjackets missed due to being a new show and peaking too late) is equivalent to.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Lead Actress
    -Jennifer Aniston
    -Jodie Comer
    -Laura Linney
    -Melanie Lynskey
    -Sandra Oh
    -Zendaya
    *Spoiler: Reese Witherspoon

Lead Actor
    -Jason Bateman
    -Sterling K. Brown
    -Brian Cox
    -Oscar Isaac*
    -Lee Jung‑jae
    -Jeremy Strong
    *everyone but Isaac is a lock, If Moon Knight goes Drama, Isaac is in.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

As premature as it may be I do think Lynskey is probably in if Yellowjackets lands at PGA. It would suggest quite a strong amount of industry support and appeal that only a SAG nomination (which I assume Yellowjackets missed due to being a new show and peaking too late) is equivalent to.

Do you know if we are likely to get 6, 7 or 8 nominees this year? I feel like Lynskey is solid for a field of 8 but less so 6?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

*everyone but Isaac is a lock, If Moon Knight goes Drama, Isaac is in.

Do you think Isaac gets in over Odenkirk?

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Everyone is forgetting we have four months still to air. Snook is great and incredibly win-competitive, but the immediacy of the finale in particular will likely have gone by then because that’s how people’s brains works. Look at how Nicholson, who peaked at the finale, has dropped off by Winter.

Agreed but i also think Snook has an advantage she didn’t have before, Sarah could sweep winter awards (and she looks really strong to pull it off), becoming the frontrunner while Ozark is premiering in the early stages of awards season and obviously those awards won’t give them any kind of push. (If Ozark had premiered after awards season was over, I’d bet in a Garner three-peat ). IMO Sarah’s fronturnner status depends if she does sweep, if she does, she’d be the favorite for the win

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Is it confirmed Saul is coming for this year Emmys? Also, if forgot about Bob hehe

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do you know if we are likely to get 6, 7 or 8 nominees this year? I feel like Lynskey is solid for a field of 8 but less so 6?

Probably 6 considering how whilst there are buzzier shows this year, roughly the same amount of Emmy mainstays are skipping this season (Bridgerton and This is Us are the only drama series nominees from last year that are eligible again this time round).

I think one thing we can say for certain in drama actress is that even if all five of Aniston, Comer, Linney, Oh and Zendaya get in again, it’s almost a certainty that we’ll have a performance that is a first time nominee in this category (unless they just default back to Moore which seems unlikely).

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

(unless they just default back to Moore which seems unlikely).

The only way I can see Moore getting back in after this long is if NBC really decide to campaign her, and they almost certainly won’t. Their interest in This Is Us promo is largely about getting eyeballs to the show, not promo-ing their actors. No discredit to Moore.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Is it confirmed Saul is coming for this year Emmys? Also, if forgot about Bob hehe

We know it’s splitting the series in to two halves like Ozark and is still filming.

Rhea Seehorn indicated the first half would be making eligibility, but we don’t have a release date, though it’s quite likely it’s as late as mid April given only 6-7 episodes.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not confident in Bob at all, especially with the season being split in two. He already missed in a less competitive field.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.