Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 519 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
JV
  • Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Yellowjackets is the second most-streamed series in Showtime’s history, behind only Dexter: New Blood: https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/yellowjackets-second-most-streamed-showtime-history-1235157192/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And Morfydd Clark as Galadriel is peak casting

It really is! She’s shown in her filmography in the past two years alone that she can really fit both the charming and rather sinister natures of the character quite well. Even if the show doesn’t really live up to expectations, I’m excited to see what she brings to the role.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

For next season of course but Lord of the Rings teaser.

I don’t think having Morfydd read that verse as our first introduction to the show was a particularly great idea, despite it making sense on paper. Falls flat when Blanchett’s is just iconic (and superior) on very level. Very interested in seeing how this one lands though. I do not share the confidence the others seem to have.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I only watched one EP of Yellowjackets and it put me to sleep.
    I have to get back into it.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I only watched one EP of Yellowjackets and it put me to sleep. I have to get back into it.

It really isn’t for everyone, it’s OK if it’s not for you. We can be a bit “bubble” on these forums. I am in a Facebook group where about 70% of people who watched it did not like it.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

It really isn’t for everyone, it’s OK if it’s not for you. We can be a bit “bubble” on these forums. I am in a Facebook group where about 70% of people who watched it did not like it.

It’s a show focused on women. Of course Facebook and Reddit will find a way to dislike it.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It’s a show focused on women. Of course Facebook and Reddit will find a way to dislike it.

Yep. But it’s still not for everyone. Most things aren’t.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I will for sure try again, a lot of people in my circle did like it so there’s something there for sure.

FYC:

"Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:
    Victor
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2022/01/julian-fellowes-teases-downton-abbey-the-gilded-age-crossover-1234915466/embed/#?secret=KQ6OxcdbLA

Oh

What is this? The CW?

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

What is this? The CW?

The Downton Cinematic Universe.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

He needs to let Downton Abbey go..

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Honestly the most distinct feel I get with The Gilded Age is it’s a weird fit for HBO. Outside of that is anyone’s guess.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Honestly the most distinct feel I get with The Gilded Age is it’s a weird fit for HBO. Outside of that is anyone’s guess.

It feels so weird and anti HBO right? The show was first ordered to NBC so i guess it’s a step up ?
    We’ll see

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Does anyone feel like AMC haven’t really been doing that much promo for Killing Eve? Perhaps we’ll see more quite soon but it does feel rather quiet for a show that took two years off and is premiering its final season next month…

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.