Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 519 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
JV
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Going through the reviews, it seems like the writing is the weakest aspect with Baranski, Coon and Nixon being the sandouts. Reviewers seem to have their own favorite between the 3 so I expect the audience to be divided aswell between which one of them is the best.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I actually think that if the show isn’t a big contender,it might sink the actors along with it. I can’t see Coon/Baranski winning the Emmy with the show being weak considering Dame Maggie Smith won for the two strongest seasons+final season of Downton and if Maggie Smith can’t pull off a win in a weak season, no one else can.

I agree, especially with the Lead Actress category with five nominees already semi locked

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah from what I can tell the consensus seems to be that it’s a show that people either like or feel apathy towards but the actors are getting really strong standout notices across the board.

I’m genuinely curious as to the answer of where the Downton voters migrated to after the show ended. The “people also search” tool on Google for it suggests The Crown/GoT/Outlander, not Bridgerton, so maybe there’s still a hardcore Fellowes devotee group out there that will default back because those aren’t in contention (well, I guess Outlander is)

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

It’s giving ‘great gowns, beautiful gowns’, but with some good acting despite lacklustre writing. I think Fellowes is ultimately running out of things to say regarding class structure, which affects the quality of the script – his recent work hasn’t been nearly as cutting as it should be. He is still able to put on a good production though.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

Well, Fellowes only knows to do one thing and I’m happy to read that this is that thing. I loved Downton Abbey, Gosford Park and Belgravia, and I hope to love this.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

The Gilded Age debuts with 74 on MC. If viewers embrace this as well then it’ll probably have multiple Emmy noms.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I hope the series is good and both Carrie Coon and Christine Baranski collect their dues. That being said,in the face of Bridgerton, I think a simple vote split is possible in multiple categories as they might share the same kind of viewers.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s kind of funny how HBO’s description of these characters implied to most of us that Louisa Jacobson could be the show’s lead yet none of the reviews mention her lol.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s a competitive field but if voters do go all out for Yellowjackets and nominate both Lynskey and Ricci, it won’t surprise me if Juliette Lewis is picked up in that love as well. If she goes lead she’ll likely be on the same page of the ballot as Lynskey and she’s an Academy Award and Emmy nominated actress.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I hope the series is good and both Carrie Coon and Christine Baranski collect their dues. That being said,in the face of Bridgerton, I think a simple vote split is possible in multiple categories as they might share the same kind of viewers.

I would also add on the fringe 1883 on Paramount+ (already has a WGA noma and Yellowstone team may make a judgement call to use their love to campaign that as priority) in program and the fact that Starz are probably going to spend 100% of their FYC budget in trying to get Balfe over the line for Outlander. They’re not exactly the same pool, but they’re somewhere in the ballpark.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

It’s a competitive field but if voters do go all out for Yellowjackets and nominate both Lynskey and Ricci, it won’t surprise me if Juliette Lewis is picked up in that love as well. If she goes lead she’ll likely be on the same page of the ballot as Lynskey and she’s an Academy Award and Emmy nominated actress.

The way all 3 of them plus Baranski and Coon are some of the most underrated legends 😭

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I don’t know that Yellowjackets is necessarily competing with The Gilded Age for a spot. I can’t imagine the viewership is necessarily very similar outside of it being more female.

I’m not necessarily sure they have an obvious competitor – maybe Killing Eve as a cable drama with a female leaning audience of the same age?

Ricci or Lewis could definitely displace Shaw.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I honestly think the fact The Gilded Age/Bridgerton and Yellowjackets/Killing Eve could share the same type of audience demographic would actually help those shows get nominated rather than hinder them considering the unlimited ballot.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

On Google’s “people also search for” Yellowjackets actually comes up as being closest to Euphoria, and that could definitely happen. I can easily see voters going for Yellowjackets in program instead of Euphoria getting a program nom (still think Zendaya’s safe).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way all 3 of them plus Baranski and Coon are some of the most underrated legends 😭

Speaking of Baranski and Coon, I know it’s still a long while till the predictions centre opens but I’m very interested to see how the category placements for The Gilded Age end up being. The reviews made them both seem on equal footing but there doesn’t seem like a clear lead of that show at the same time.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.