Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 519 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
JV
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I honestly think the fact The Gilded Age/Bridgerton and Yellowjackets/Killing Eve could share the same type of audience demographic would actually help those shows get nominated rather than hinder them considering the unlimited ballot.

Apologies because it’s early here but is unlimited ballot for program AND actors, or just actors? I can’t remember and I’m having a “I need my coffee” moment.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Apologies because it’s early here but is unlimited ballot for program AND actors, or just actors?

Each category.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Speaking of Baranski and Coon, I know it’s still a long while till the predictions centre opens but I’m very interested to see how the category placements for The Gilded Age end up being. The reviews made them both seem on equal footing but there doesn’t seem like a clear lead of that show at the same time.

I’ve said this before but I would be inclined to think Baranski is best positioned in supporting if there’s a choice. The year she moved to lead (which I think also coincides with the unlimited ballot) she stopped getting nominated after 8 straight guest-supporting nominations. If she’s the “Maggie Smith” there’s precedent.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Each category.

Thought so. I always think about it being just actors in predictions.

Profile picture
    Carlos
    Topics:

It’s a competitive field but if voters do go all out for Yellowjackets and nominate both Lynskey and Ricci, it won’t surprise me if Juliette Lewis is picked up in that love as well. If she goes lead she’ll likely be on the same page of the ballot as Lynskey and she’s an Academy Award and Emmy nominated actress.

I think Christina Ricci would go supporting, Melanie Lynskey and Juliette Lewis both lead

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’ve said this before but I would be inclined to think Baranski is best positioned in supporting if there’s a choice. The year she moved to lead (which I think also coincides with the unlimited ballot) she stopped getting nominated after 8 straight guest-supporting nominations. If she’s the “Maggie Smith” there’s precedent.

Adding to that the fact that she would also have The Good Fight for which she’ll compete in Drama Lead Actress,so it’s sensible to campaign her in supporting for The Gilded age to avoid her splitting with herself

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Adding to that the fact that she would also have The Good Fight for which she’ll compete in Drama Lead Actress,so it’s sensible to campaign her in supporting for The Gilded age to avoid her splitting with herself

Yep. Same argument with Moon Knight/Scenes for Oscar Isaac. Baranski’s still going to be their best bet at  Paramount+ – they’ll probably campaign 1883 in program with a focus on Elliot, and Halo in crafts, but I can’t see them prioritising Evil over Baranski unless something unexpected happens like Katja Herbers winning CCA.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Katja Herbers deserves an Emmy slot, I’m so mad she’s only a CCA thing, even Baranski managed to get the HFPA with her now.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Paramount+ did make Evil’s “S is for Silence” episode available to free for stream on their service a months ago, I imagine that’s likely their main push for the show since it’s the type of episode that writers typically respond well to (I don’t think it will though, since it couldn’t even make the panelled WGA 6 last week).

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Paramount+ did make Evil’s “S is for Silence” episode available to free for stream on their service a months ago, I imagine that’s likely their main push for the show since it’s the type of episode that writers typically respond well to (I don’t think it will though, since it couldn’t even make the panelled WGA 6 last week).

I just think Evil’s ultimately too much of an elevated procedural at the end of the day (which is not an insult – they do it beautifully) and the Television Academy has been over that for forever.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I get the episode being baity and all but it’s not their best, that would be C is for Cops and/or the finale

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think who wins CCA is actually a little bit relevant here. If it’s not MJ, is it Lynskey and Baranski next?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think who wins CCA is actually a little bit relevant here. If it’s not MJ, is it Lynskey and Baranski next?

I’d think Lynskey is second with the way she’s having a moment and the way Yellowjackets has become so buzzy. Although I think MJ Rodriguez is easily winning.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’d think Lynskey is second with the way she’s having a moment and the way Yellowjackets has become so buzzy. Although I think MJ Rodriguez is easily winning.

So do I. But if I’m not mistaken every winner there has been at least nominated except Carrie Coon.

edit: *there meaning the lead actress drama winner.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Each category.

This actually makes more sense as to why there’s always a Mandalorian/Boys etc mass watched genre show. They may not be everyone’s first choice, but they’ll be up there for a lot of people, particularly men, on an unlimited ballot.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.