Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 533 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
probablyROB
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Dustin Lance Black will be a good campaigner because of the personal element. I didn’t realize he’d been working on Under the Banner of Heaven for so long.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

25th April, 9 am PST.

3 days before the premiere ?

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

yay!! A gold derby interview with Chloe Sevigny. Thank you for highlighting her!!

Emmy FYC:

Chloë Sevigny in “The Girl From Plainville” and “Russian Doll”

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

yay!! A gold derby interview with Chloe Sevigny. Thank you for highlighting her!!

Chloe’s background artwork and outfit, iconic.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

The Staircase Trailer

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Chloe’s background artwork and outfit, iconic.

forever an it girl

Emmy FYC:

Chloë Sevigny in “The Girl From Plainville” and “Russian Doll”

Profile picture
    Snoopy
    Topics:

Vanity Fair – Awards Insider Exclusive – Under the Banner of Heaven:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/04/awards-insider-under-the-banner-of-heaven-preview?mbid=social_twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_brand=vf&utm_source=twitter&utm_social-type=owned

Excerpts:

“It’s a tricky experience to portray, but Garfield, fresh off an Oscar nod for Tick, Tick…Boom!, beautifully embodies that sense of innocent decency getting chipped away. The actor asked many questions of Black before and after signing on to star—a useful quality in a detective, certainly—and beyond the book, Black recounted his own feelings about the church, the kinds of emotions and tensions only a true insider could authentically share. Garfield took initiative too. He went to Utah on his own to meet with a range of Mormon folks and came away with convictions that strengthened the series. “He asked questions that put pressure on the script in ways that turned it into steel, that refined it,” Black says. “And he’s continued to do that all the way through post.” The resulting finale, Black tells me, is a product of Garfield’s contributions.”.

“Director and executive producer David Mackenzie (Hell or High Water) tightly packages careful religious and historical inquiry in a cinematic thrill ride. Under the Banner of Heaven is propulsive, no question. “The true-crime aspect makes it something that has to be devoured and examined,” Black says.”

“Put another way, Heaven feels like Black hitting his stride—in part by letting him be himself. He identified with so many characters, so many plot points, so many images and quotes that go by in a flash but linger with the intensity of truth. “There were times where I would hear a line, particularly as Andrew brought it to life, and only then would I go, Oh gosh, that sounds a lot like me,” Black says, before stopping himself. “Yeah, and the fact that I just said, ‘Oh gosh,’ tells you a lot about me.””

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

The Staircase looks… not great.

However, I am getting flashbacks to last year when we all assumed Mare of Easttown was going to be the same old same old standard small town detective drama and only get Winslet in, until the reviews came out. The Staircase looks more Undoing than Mare, but I’m still wary of the possibility of history repeating itself.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It will probably be decently received but as said before I’m just wary of whether people are really going to check ANOTHER grim true crime series in such quick succession. Unless you’re a TV lover like most of us on this forum are or a true crime aficionado, are you really going to watch all three of it, Under the Banner of Heaven and The Dropout around the same time?

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The Offer debuts with a 66 on Metacritic. Some very negative reactions (indiewire, slash, ign).

Gaslit is now at 75 and with more than a dozen reviews added, will probably stay in this mid-70s range.

The Staircase trailer served campy messiness and I am kinda interested now. Still don’t see this going anywhere at the Emmys outside of acting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Offer debuts with a 66 on Metacritic. Some very negative reactions (indiewire, slash, ign).

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

It will probably be decently received but as said before I’m just wary of whether people are really going to check ANOTHER grim true crime series in such quick succession. Unless you’re a TV lover like most of us on this forum are or a true crime aficionado, are you really going to watch all three of it, Under the Banner of Heaven and The Dropout around the same time?

I am both and am going to watch the one with the best reviews. The Dropout’s reviews have been too middling for me to care enough to give it a shot but also because that particular story in the true crime realm was less compelling than the story behind Inventing Anna for instance. And I could only get through 2 episodes of that it was so terrible. The Staircase is only going to be interesting to me if the creators go out on a limb, take a side, and say what they believe definitively happened. Which seems unlikely.

Under the Banner of Heaven seems like the one I’m most likely to watch from when it airs.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Do we know when reviews are coming for Under the Banner of Heaven?

Do we even need reviews? Goldderby’s making it seem like it’ll be at 100% on RT and MC and sweep every emmy lol

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Seems like bit of an exaggeration.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

3 days before the premiere ?

The Queen’s Gambit‘s review embargo lifted on the day it came out…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.