Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 533 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
probablyROB
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Hathaway’s path is oddly similar to how Spencer happened for Self-Made two years. Huge industry star getting all of the critical praises in an averagely received series that gets watched by all the right people but ends up as the shows only nom in a fractured field.

2020 – King, Blanchett (and eventually Haas), then everybody else
    2022 – Qualley and Seyfried, then everybody else

Profile picture
    boolbameroon
    Topics:

I want to check out WeCrashed for Anne, but I’m really not interested in seeing Leto doing another accent. So is it worth it?

Profile picture
    ejc93
    Topics:

It’s the most tolerable Leto’s been in years

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Talk show campaign stop no. 5:

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

WeCrashed was worth it bc of Anne. I would vote for her over Amanda in a heartbeat.

too bad that the stories coming out of that set are not good per deuxmoi.

now on Julia Roberts, she couldn’t even get nominated for Amazon show and Has Starz ever gotten any show nominated in big categories?

so I’m not even considering it, just bc Starz

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t want to beat a broken drum too much but are we counting Davis out a bit too quickly? For as many viral tweets there are criticising her performance in The First Lady, there also seem to be many praising her and an overall love-fest seems to have emerged as a result of the backlash with many tweets highlighting her filmography over the years.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I don’t want to beat a broken drum too much but are we counting Davis out a bit too quickly? For as many viral tweets there are criticising her performance in The First Lady, there also seem to be many praising her and an overall love-fest seems to have emerged as a result of the backlash with many tweets highlighting her filmography over the years.

I lol’d at Netflix airing a Viola with Oprah special yesterday, they’re doing campaigning for her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I lol’d at Netflix airing a Viola with Oprah special yesterday, they’re doing campaigning for her.

Considering how big How to Get Away with Murder is on Netflix, they probably gave Davis a bigger boost to get back into the drama actress lineup in 2019 than ABC did lol.

Profile picture
    ine5
    Topics:

After just finishing WeCrashed I firmly believe that Anne Hathaway is the most deserving of the win. It’s unfortunate that the possibility of limited viewings could effect her even getting a nomination.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The fact that no one feels like a Anya Taylor-Joy/Kate Winslet kind of a safe bet is a testament to how wild this category can go this year. I’d not be surprised to see anyone get nominated besides Margaret Qualley and Amanda Seyfried. We might have three Octavia Spencers in Self Made nominated in this category this year. Every contender has crippling weaknesses.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The fact that no one feels like a Anya Taylor-Joy/Kate Winslet kind of a safe bet is a testament to how wild this category can go this year. I’d not be surprised to see anyone get nominated besides Margaret Qualley and Amanda Seyfried. We might have three Octavia Spencers in Self Made nominated in this category this year. Every contender has crippling weaknesses.

Same. Almost every contender can be counteracted by some competitive weakness. Strange year.

I actually really hope this is an overinflated bubble in the streaming wars. I listened to a few of the first “Emmy season” podcasts by critics yesterday and literally everyone was mirroring these boards – there’s too much stuff, there’s no clear frontrunners, and everyone’s running it like it’s a late stage Oscar campaign.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Looking at this tweet in hindsight later on in the season is quite funny considering how much of an overflow of content and visual media there truly is now lol.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Idk about that. Last year (whilst there were an overall stronger set of contenders, I’m sure I May Destroy You‘s chances at winning would have been much greater than just writing if it competed in this field) the television landscape overall was much quieter which is what I think helped shows like Mare of Easttown and Hacks break through so much in nominations and a show like WandaVision attract the industry eyeballs it needed.

This year however, it’s just a complete mess. I’m someone who has been watching a lot more television than usual ever since this pandemic first hit and I still haven’t even caught up on some of the shows that were nominated at the winter awards and guilds yet because there’s really no time to.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

This year however, it’s just a complete mess. I’m someone who has been watching a lot more television than usual ever since this pandemic first hit and I still haven’t even caught up on some of the shows that were nominated at the winter awards and guilds yet because there’s really no time to.

I also find given how much TV there is if I’m really not feeling something or I’m ambivalent despite good reviews I’m much quicker to simply watch one or two episodes and move on. In quieter or clearer seasons I’ve been much more inclined to press on with something. I suspect I’ll be catching up with a few things after nominations.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

If something doesn’t grab me immediately I set it aside until the buzz and reviews get so loud that I can’t ignore it anymore. It’s are for that to happen. I’ve been pretty lucky (or discerning) at bailing on shows early. I did get Succession season 1 wrong. But other than that I haven’t missed out on anything in particular.

That isn’t to say I always agree with the reviews. I gave up on Big Little Lies and then it won everything at the Emmys and I suffered through that trite nonsense and instinct was right even if the critics and Emmys were wrong. I have no idea how that ended up #3 on the year aggregate. Still bugs me to this day.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.