Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 518 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Manav
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think you misunderstood my comment. None of this contradicts what I said. Mare is still ultimately written as empathetic and relatable in spite of several character flaws brought on by personal trauma. I think Winslet’s performance warrants praise because it was a committed and lived-in performance, but we don’t need to praise her for something that is literally in the script. All of your examples simply add to the complexity of the character (situated in the context of her child’s death), and her willingness to operate in grey areas. The audience is always able to understand her actions at any given point. This doesn’t equate to endorsement of her actions.

Oh okay, now I get it. 🙂

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The show has now premiered.

Under The Banner Of Heaven

IMDB: 7.2-7.3 

Metacritic: 71 from 16 reviews (12 postive and 4 mixed)

Rotten Tomatoes (Critics): 80% from 20 reviews 

Audience Score: 81% from 16 reviews

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Needless to say the show premieres much lower in all metrics when compared to Sharp Objects, Unbelievable and Mare Of Easttown.

We’ll have to see how it fares as the season progresses. Maybe we’ll get a better picture when more audience reviews are in.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Those numbers are going to drop lol. Both episodes barely even have 100 votes between them.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Needless to say the show premieres much lower in all metrics when compared to Sharp Objects, Unbelievable and Mare Of Easttown. We’ll have to see how it fares as the season progresses. Maybe we’ll get a better picture when more audience reviews are in.

There’s probably going to be a bit of review bombing looking at the comments and very early votes (not uncommon for anything that deals with religion, anything that isn’t very white, etc etc) but it’s probably a bit early to tell I think.

image“>

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

(A) Yeah, wait for a while until the first two episodes of Under The Banner Of Heaven get the same number of reviews as the other three shows.

(B) Look at the overall IMDB score. That being said, we need to wait on that as well.

(C) Even if we give Under The Banner Of Heaven the edge in terms of IMDB, what about Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, Audience Score?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

There’s probably going to be a bit of review bombing looking at the comments and very early votes (not uncommon for anything that deals with religion, anything that isn’t very white, etc etc) but it’s probably a bit early to tell I think. “>

Precisely. That’s why I argue it’s we need to hold off IMDB for a while and look at the other three aspects: Metacritic, Audience Scores and Rotten Tomatoes

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I’m not even an Under the Banner of Heaven hater but that data was so misleading it bordered on the ridiculous.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’m not even an Under the Banner of Heaven hater but that data was so misleading it bordered on the ridiculous.

Yeah ikr

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

STOP THE COUNT!

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Those numbers are going to drop lol. Both episodes don’t even have 100 votes between them.

In general my rule is to wait a week for shows or judge them when they hit a couple thousand overall votes, whichever comes first (every Disney show would be at 9.8 if you went with that few votes, and nearly every Netflix show is downvoted immediately and then goes up. Garfield has a stan army BUT this is also tackling religion so it’s going to take some time to stabilise)

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I do want Andrew Garfield to win something because I think he had THE time last year and I personally would have nominated him for both Tick, Tick… BOOM! (Lead) and The Eyes Of Tammy Faye (Supporting). Yet, its normal to have concerns over the fact that the show hasn’t been received the way I anticipated it to be. That being said, the audience reception of the show (and in particular the reception of ages 45+ for the show) is something I’m intrigued to watch unfold.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The penultimate episode of the show is directed by Dustin Lance Black. I assume it’ll be the most important episode in the series in terms of plot progression/reveal and also probably one of the directorial submissions.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.