Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 518 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Manav
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I do want Andrew Garfield to win something because I think he had THE time last year and I personally would have nominated him for both Tick, Tick… BOOM! (Lead) and The Eyes Of Tammy Faye (Supporting). Yet, its normal to have concerns over the fact that the show hasn’t been received the way I anticipated it to be. That being said, the audience reception of the show (and in particular the reception of ages 45+ for the show) is something I’m intrigued to watch unfold.

I mean I think a lot of us are rooting for Garfield (I mean….the prediction centre…sight unseen) including critics but yeah, we do need to watch this over the next week or so. It’s really easy to hopedict.

That said, none of the overall scores are catastrophic, and McGregor won for something with a 7.5 audience score last year.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Then again maybe i shouldn’t be shocked considering the user has done nothing but post negative reviews and ratings about the show on here since before it even premiered today.

Please Get your facts right. (You can access the links to my posts of support for UTBOH through these)

He’s coming.

Post 1
    Post 2
    Post 3
    Post 4
    Post 5

The user said that “Under the banner of heaven premieres lower in all metrics than Mare of Easttown, Sharp Objectd and Unbelievable” which is not entirely correct. The 7.3 imdb overall score that the user used only has 275 votes and the rotten tomatoes score the user also used only has 20 and 18 votes between them yet neither that user isn’t making the argument about it being too early to tell whether it will drop or increased because the show only premiered today

That’s what I said here.</p>

(A) Yeah, wait for a while until the first two episodes of Under The Banner Of Heaven get the same number of reviews as the other three shows. (B) Look at the overall IMDB score. That being said, we need to wait on that as well. (C) Even if we give Under The Banner Of Heaven the edge in terms of IMDB, what about Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, Audience Score?

Precisely. That’s why I argue it’s we need to hold off IMDB for a while and look at the other three aspects: Metacritic, Audience Scores and Rotten Tomatoes

I do concede that I shouldn’t have said all metrics rather “most metrics” yet its so pointless for you to come after me when all I’ve done is express concern over the issues with the series which seem to be highlighted in its reviews. I request you to get your facts right before accusing.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

That said, none of the overall scores are catastrophic, and McGregor won for something with a 7.5 audience score last year.

Yeah, but the thing is that the field is stronger this year and Michael Keaton is coming off a winter sweep in a show that’s grown a lot in visibility and the series is one of the frontrunners for Limited Series.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I do think one thing to watch here is how few scores shows are getting (particularly given some of the names attached), which suggests even for a general audience the market is flooded. It probably doesn’t hurt to watch out for shows with moderate, but not terrible, user scores that are being well seen.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah, but the thing is that the field is stronger this year and Michael Keaton is coming off a winter sweep in a show that’s grown a lot in visibility and the series is one of the frontrunners for Limited Series.

I agree on wins (TBH, I’ve thought Keaton was probably the winner since Dopesick debuted, it felt like the kind of performance that was memorable and respected enough to become the default frontrunner unless someone definitively dislodged him) but from a nomination perspective there really aren’t that many “high in every way” shows.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

not surprised that shining girls’ reviews are solid but unspectacular, since the book is solidly unspectacular.

though it has basically the same metascore as frontrunner dopesick…

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

not surprised that shining girls’ reviews are solid but unspectacular, since the book is solidly unspectacular.

I think it’s mostly a Moss play unless it takes off. Moura and Bell have done only the tiniest amount of press (despite Moura having really very good reviews), and I don’t think Soo’s done any.

Profile picture
    Snoopy
    Topics:

I do want Andrew Garfield to win something because I think he had THE time last year and I personally would have nominated him for both Tick, Tick… BOOM! (Lead) and The Eyes Of Tammy Faye (Supporting). Yet, its normal to have concerns over the fact that the show hasn’t been received the way I anticipated it to be. That being said, the audience reception of the show (and in particular the reception of ages 45+ for the show) is something I’m intrigued to watch unfold.

Overhall all the reviews praise very much the Andrew acting, the main criticize is about the story pace and the flashbacks. I am rooting for Garfield too and I expect his work will be recognized with a Emmy nomination at least.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

So, I just finished the first episode of Under the Banner of Heaven and the reviewers who complain about the pace and flashbacks are quite frankly idiots whose opinions no longer hold any value to me on the subject of pace and flashbacks.

That was one of the more compelling hours of television I’ve watched in recent memory from a first episode of a series (Severance aside). I will admit I wasn’t completely sucked in the first 15 minutes which I could see short attentions spans creating a problem for but by the end of the first act this show and story really becomes fascinating.

I am not going to spoil anything but based on this episode alone I would say Garfield is competitive against Keaton and Billy Howle deserves some serious conversation. Maybe this was the only episode he got to showcase but he does a great job with the work and deserves recognition. Reminded me of a young Peter Saarsgard.

I am firmly in the fuck the haters mode when it comes to this show as of right now. It will be moving up in all my rankings I imagine.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

How big was Daisy Edgar-Jones role in the first two episodes?

Is she a legitimate lead contender?

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

How big was Daisy Edgar-Jones role in the first two episodes?

Is she a legitimate lead contender?

She’s the only one that could be considered a female lead. After the second episode I think she’s definitely got a shot at a nomination if people watch. I personally found her to be mesmerizing.

Still think Billy Howle is the supporting character worthy of recognition. Honestly, he could be a co-lead based on the first two episodes. His scenes with Garfield are my personal favorites. I would even go as far to say he is outshining him so far.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Metacritic scores of the top twelve shows in Prediction Centre 
    (Alphabetical order in case of ties)
    (Italics indicate my Predictions)

1.) The Staircase: 85

2.) Maid: 82

2.) The White Lotus: 82

4.) Station Eleven: 81

5.) The Dropout: 75

5.) Midnight Mass: 75

7.) Pam And Tommy: 70

8.) A Very British Scandal: 69

9.) Dopesick: 68

9.) Under The Banner Of Heaven: 68

11.) Impeachment: 61

12.) The First Lady: 50

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I have a theory for Under The Banner Of Heaven ‘s low score.

As someone alluded, I think it’s because of some Critics expecting a melancholic character study crime drama in the veins of Unbelievable, Sharp Objects and Mare Of Easttown and were hence thrown back by the flashbacks and the descriptions of the Mormon culture etc. It’s not at all the fault of the show and if true, the critics did the series dirty.

Needless to say, I’m excited to see it’s viewership numbers. 

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think Garfield coming off such a hot film awards season will secure him the trophy. Even if voters don’t take to UTBOH as a whole, he didn’t truly get his time to shine at any point in the last awards season when he had more hype as a celebrity post-No Way Home than probably every other nominee combined, so I think voters will jump at the opportunity to give him his time in the spotlight. I’ll admit Michael Keaton is similar, seeing as how he hasn’t won a major industry award yet, but I think there’ll be more of an urgency to reward Garfield at this specific point in time.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think Garfield coming off such a hot film awards season will secure him the trophy.

For a movie that got two oscar nominations ?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.