Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 518 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Manav
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

I think Garfield coming off such a hot film awards season will secure him the trophy. Even if voters don’t take to UTBOH as a whole, he didn’t truly get his time to shine at any point in the last awards season when he had more hype as a celebrity post-No Way Home than probably every other nominee combined, so I think voters will jump at the opportunity to give him his time in the spotlight. I’ll admit Michael Keaton is similar, seeing as how he hasn’t won a major industry award yet, but I think there’ll be more of an urgency to reward Garfield at this specific point in time.

Keaton is way more overdue so I’m not getting the sense of urgency argument for an actor who is much younger and will have many more chances in the future? Keaton’s also the lead of what looks to be the stronger show and his SAG speech for the role was really well-received.

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

Variety’s Supporting Actor predictions, the full table isn’t showing up on the page for some reason but the top 6 are on the hub:

Naveen Andrews
    “The Dropout” (Hulu)
    Murray Bartlett***
    “The White Lotus” (HBO/HBO Max)
    William H. Macy
    “The Dropout” (Hulu)
    Tim McGraw
    “1883” (Paramount+)
    Peter Sarsgaard
    “Dopesick” (Hulu)
    Michael Stuhlbarg
    “Dopesick” (Hulu)

https://variety.com/feature/2022-emmy-predictions-supporting-actor-limited-series-1235253803/

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

“1883” is the Clayton Davis’ hopedicting quota, like him keeping Cate Blanchett in Supporting Actress for Nightmare Alley last year.

Profile picture
    Dame Mandy Moore
    Topics:

Rounding out this week’s Top 10 were Netflix’s Pieces of Her (294 million/eight episodes), Netflix’s Ozark (250 million/37 available episodes), Prime Video’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (242 million/34 episodes), Netflix’s Get Organized With the Home Edit (241 million/16 episodes) and Hulu’s The Dropout (190 million/seven available episodes).

The Dropout doing numbers.

And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Those numbers are decent but keep in perspective Handmaid’s did a billion last year.

Also, you’re burying the lead:

“Bridgerton topped Nielsen’s ranking for the week of March 28 by amassing 3.2 billion minutes viewed across 16 total episodes.”

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

The gap between Bridgerton and the second most watched show is hilarious.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Variety’s Supporting Actor predictions, the full table isn’t showing up on the page for some reason but the top 6 are on the hub: Naveen Andrews “The Dropout” (Hulu) Murray Bartlett ***“The White Lotus” (HBO/HBO Max) William H. Macy “The Dropout” (Hulu) Tim McGraw “1883” (Paramount+) Peter Sarsgaard “Dopesick” (Hulu) Michael Stuhlbarg “Dopesick” (Hulu) https://variety.com/feature/2022-emmy-predictions-supporting-actor-limited-series-1235253803/

Naveen Andrews is going supporting?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

“1883” is the Clayton Davis’ hopedicting quota, like him keeping Cate Blanchett in Supporting Actress for Nightmare Alley last year.

I would watch Paramount+ more broadly though, even if it’s not this year. You can see their numbers are starting to go up – they’re probably going to end up stronger than Peacock (especially if they eventually do the Showtime content on Paramount+ like they do outside the US).

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Naveen Andrews is going supporting?

If Naveen Andrews goes supporting he is a lock for a nomination in my book. They can also justify it – it’s Seyfried’s show – and it stops them from giving Keaton internal competition.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Best case scenarios for the math.

If those 190mins were only for episode 7. That’s roughly 4.2m viewers with the 45min runtime.

If it’s a collective binge for all 7 episodes up to that point, at 350min runtime, that’s 542,857 viewers for the week.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I went and looked back at some old ratings and I think that might be the most extreme it’s been.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Sweeperton DID THAT

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Profile picture
    helv606
    Topics:

I would watch Paramount+ more broadly though, even if it’s not this year. You can see their numbers are starting to go up – they’re probably going to end up stronger than Peacock (especially if they eventually do the Showtime content on Paramount+ like they do outside the US).

I wouldnt be surprised if NBC/Universal and Paramount combine streaming services, which is what they are already doing in several European countries. Another possibility, Paramount being acquired by a bigger company, which again could be NBC/Universal, and ending up with a combined Peacock/Par+/Showtime that way.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Anne Hathaway is so good in WeCrashed at saying such vapid, meaningless bullshit, i love it lmaooo

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

If Naveen Andrews goes supporting he is a lock for a nomination in my book. They can also justify it – it’s Seyfried’s show – and it stops them from giving Keaton internal competition.

I think Naveen Andrews is within the top 3 in the Supporting Actor Limited Series category. If the momentum continues, he could actually win. It helps that he is already an Emmy nominee before.

Twitter: @TheCineMike

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.