Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 518 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Manav
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    JessicaReed53
    Topics:

Not sure enough people will be interested in watching The Staircase in time for it to get in Series.

Agree, it’s excellent, but the vibe I’m getting is that a.) people think they already know the story so why bother watching and b.) they are sick of true crime full stop. I hope people watch it, though. It’s the best 2022 show by a landslide.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

The frontrunner from the winter award season was Taylor-Joy, she swept the winter awards (like Keaton this year). She had no competition until Winslet came in the mix.

yet another reason people shouldn’t overrate the winter awards

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Agree, it’s excellent, but the vibe I’m getting is that a.) people think they already know the story so why bother watching and b.) they are sick of true crime full stop. I hope people watch it, though. It’s the best 2022 show by a landslide.

Spoilers if you have somehow never heard of The Staircase and its story…

Regarding a): What is new that they have revealed? That he had an affair with his documentarian or whatever? Anyone who followed the story knew that already.

And regarding b): It’s not True Crime full stop for me personally. It’s true crime specifically based on really poplar stories that already had documentaries and docuseries or popular podcasts about them. Under the Banner of Heaven is a True Crime story I’d never even heard about and I find it utterly thrilling.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think other people have already said this, but Macy also seems likely regardless of whether the show makes the cut in Limited Series. I get that some people don’t like his performance but he randomly got nominated for Shameless again last year right? Emmy voters clearly like him and the category isn’t that deep.

I think people really like Macy in that specific role. I’m not sure if that translates more broadly. It was a fairly week comedy actor year and defaulting back to a role he’s generally always been good in wasn’t the worst option. (if nothing else, it’ll age better than the alt. which was probably Ted Danson for Mr Mayor a show that has already been cancelled).

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Dopesick is #1 on GD right now. But what’s the Coda of the Emmy race? (The non-celeb-vehicle sleeper hit that will surprise everyone?)

If it were up to me it would be We Own This City. But The Emmys hate David Simon for some absurd reason.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Dopesick is #1 on GD right now. But what’s the Coda of the Emmy race? (The non-celeb-vehicle sleeper hit that will surprise everyone?)

Station Eleven?

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Station Eleven?

That was gonna be my other choice but I feel like Mackenzie Davis and Himesh Patel are pretty well-known. Not to the Emmy’s. Station Eleven would win limited if up to me.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

IMDB: Dopesick 8.6

Power of the Dog 6.9

Looks like they’re completely incomparable.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I honestly don’t see how Dopesick can win over The White Lotus. Please don’t point out GG or CC, it was the same argument last year for Small Axe scoring acting noms which I knew wouldn’t happen.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Metacritic is: Dopesick 68% Power of the Dog 89% I wasn’t trying to compare them btw I was just asking this forum what they might predict is the sleeper hit of the limited series camp, if there is one.

Okay…the reason the industry scrambled for a Coda was that the audience did not like Dog. So there’s no reason to invoke it in a situation that doesn’t fit at all.

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

honestly toni should be in supporting for the staircase. She doesn’t have that much screentime rn to justify her being in lead.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I don’t understand why people were saying she might go lead neither. Wasn’t it confirmed that they’re submitting her in supporting?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I honestly don’t see how Dopesick can win over The White Lotus. Please don’t point out GG or CC, it was the same argument last year for Small Axe scoring acting noms which I knew wouldn’t happen.

IMDB
    Dopesick: 8.6
    The White Lotus: 7.6

The White Lotus hasn’t won a single industry award (lost DGA to Hacks and WGA to Mare of Easttown). The show is divisive. I don’t know why this is so hard to understand.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

There’s a very passionate and vocal group that love Mike White stuff and they probably think because his shows are on HBO they will always perform better than they do. The White Lotus will perform better than Enlightened ever did but people were overrating that back after it aired too.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

We Own This City is such a spiritual predecessor to The Wire. I wish more people were watching it. It deserves to get into writing, directing, series, and lead actor.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.