Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 518 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Manav
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I think it might be a smart movie in terms of maximizing their nom potential. She’s freeing a supporting slot for let’s say somebody like Parker Posey, while herself being a plausible nominee with the strong show. I mean people are throwing a panned performance like Julia Garner in Inventing Anna as a contender.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think it might be a smart movie in terms of maximizing their nom potential. She’s freeing a supporting slot for let’s say somebody like Parker Posey, while herself being a plausible nominee with the strong show.

Absolutely agreed. Even though the Lead Actress competition boasts a range of actress giving top tier Emmy worthy performances, most of them are in shows that are dead, buzzless or divisive. Collette feels ahead of a lot of contenders.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

Wow Toni Collette has such a big ego wanting to go on lead

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Chastain
    Collete
    James
    Qualley
    Seyfried

Looks like a good top 5

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Collette can get into any category (lead or supporting) if The Staircase becomes a big contender.

I fully agree but I personally think in no way, up until episode 5, her screen time justifies lead. For those who have seen the original documentary, Odessa Young seems more like real life Martha Ratliff is playing herself, but screen time isn’t helping her too.

I think it might be a smart movie in terms of maximizing their nom potential. She’s freeing a supporting slot for let’s say somebody like Parker Posey, while herself being a plausible nominee with the strong show. I mean people are throwing a panned performance like Julia Garner in Inventing Anna as a contender.

This is without a doubt going to help Juliette Binoche, not Parker Posey. That being said, we have lately seen Sarah Paulson and Rose Byrne getting snubbed for Mrs. America.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I actually came here to say that I think not only is Toni Collette getting nominated regardless of whether she’s in lead or supporting but that I think she can be a potential spoiler for the win as well (depending on where The Dropout and Maid are here after the nominations are announced). The Staircase is the only show I’ve seen people outside of the internet bubble actually talk about (along with The White Lotus) and there seems to be a lot of love for Collette’s work in it. Depending on how much chatter its finale gets, I can see it shaking up the race in ways in which the shows that ended up flopping (like The First Lady) were initially being predicted to.

The question for me in this category is actually which performers are getting those last two (potentially three slots). Will voters jump on the contenders with the buzz in middling series (James, Chastain, Hathaway etc), will some of these voters find those shows be too cold and polarising and then just name-check their own Television Academy actors branch favourites in more palatable series like they do at least once a year (Foy, the two Ryan Murphy women, even dare I say Danes) or both (Garner)? If Station Eleven is strong enough to get into series, does it have strong enough actors branch support to get an actor in like Davis (or Patel on the actor side)? So many interesting questions although perhaps not interesting enough to dwell on it obsessively.

1. Margaret Qualley, Maid
    2. Amanda Seyfried, The Dropout
    3. Toni Collette, The Staircase
    4. Julia Garner, Inventing Anna
    5. Lily James, Pam and Tommy

6. Jessica Chastain, Scenes From a Marriage

7. Claire Foy, A Very British Scandal
    8. Anne Hathaway, WeCrashed
    9. Mackenzie Davis, Station Eleven
    10. Jessica Biel, Candy

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I fully agree but I personally think in no way, up until episode 5, her screen time justifies lead. For those who have seen the original documentary, Odessa Young seems more like real life Martha Ratliff is playing herself, but screen time isn’t helping her too.

Do we know who they’ll submit for The Staircase in supporting? Binoche and Posey seem obvious but in terms of who is doing promo I can actually just see them submitting Turner and not the other younger actresses, especially given HBO’s history of FYCing her

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Kaitlyn Dever (Dopesick) and Sebastian Stan (Pam & Tommy) are the Limited Series contenders part of LA Times Envelope Drama Roundtable (coming June 10th) the other participants are Jin Ha (Pachinko), Melanie Lynskey (Yellowjackets), Adam Scott (Severance) and Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

A five slot lineup of Firth, Garfield, Isaac, Keaton and Stan seems to make a lot of sense but I still can’t help but think that Isaac is at risk at getting Ethan Hawke’d even though Scenes From a Marriage may be one of the shows that stands to benefit from the state of the field.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

A five slot lineup of Firth, Garfield, Isaac, Keaton and Stan seems to make a lot of sense but I still can’t help but think that Isaac is at risk at getting Ethan Hawke’d even though Scenes From a Marriage may be one of the shows that stands to benefit from the state of the field.

Me if that happens 

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I think Isaac and Chastain are in a “both make it o both get snubbed” scenario, I don’t see one happening without the other. And I feel safe predicting both because Chastain, who is in a harder category, is campaigning hard and she’s a priority for HBO, also HBO hasn’t missed a Limited Actress in years, so if Chastain makes it, Oscar in a weaker field should make it as well. Scenes seems more in the vein of what the Academy likes than Moon Knight. 

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Do we know who they’ll submit for The Staircase in supporting? Binoche and Posey seem obvious but in terms of who is doing promo I can actually just see them submitting Turner and not the other younger actresses, especially given HBO’s history of FYCing her

Sansa Stark returning to the Emmys, we’d love to see it.

Staircase #1 on IMDB right now.

Profile picture
    sammumba
    Topics:

if any of those 5 men miss, it’s going to be sebastian stan.

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

I think Isaac and Chastain are in a “both make it o both get snubbed” scenario, I don’t see one happening without the other. And I feel safe predicting both because Chastain, who is in a harder category, is campaigning hard and she’s a priority for HBO, also HBO hasn’t missed a Limited Actress in years, so if Chastain makes it, Oscar in a weaker field should make it as well. Scenes seems more in the vein of what the Academy likes than Moon Knight.

I think both are getting in, but we already had the one happening without the other scenario happen with SAG. Only reason I’m over that is because she ended up winning for Tammy Faye and that gave her enough momentum to win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think the trio from Impeachment is not donezo after all. If there are 6 slots in the lead categories I could see Clive Owen and one of Feldstein/Paulson getting in. It’s still Ryan Murphy and it’s still the ACS brand.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.