Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 514 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav

• Thiago
    Topics:

I just finished The Staircase and got to agree it was too long, four episodes, like When They See Us, would be way better, and the different timeline thing threw me off a lot, I usually like it, but there was no reason to use here, but I think it still get’s that 4th or 5th spot.

That said, I’m really skeptical with the true crime documentary turn
    tv series thing, because I feel like the fiction never matches reality, but Firth was absolutely spectacular as Peterson, if they ever make more episodes of the netflix minisseries, they should cast him over the real one. I hope he get’s Winslet’d and not Blanche’d.

Hawk
    Topics:

The Staircase definitely lost a lot of steam in the second half. I think it would have been better as a 6 episode series vs 8. That being said, Toni Collette really brought it in those last 2 episodes and I hope she isn’t overlooked.

probablyROB
    Topics:

I’ve been echoing a similar sentiment around here for a while. I cans ee some of it being compelling to people who don’t watch docs or listen to podcasts but for those who do it feels cheap a lot of the time.

PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Topics:

The First Lady was blah, but Michelle Pfeiffer earned her nomination with episode 9 & 10.

Victor
    Topics:

The First Lady was blah, but Michelle Pfeiffer earned her nomination with episode 9 & 10.

This show has 10 episodes? I’m never watching this in my life.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

The Staircase definitely lost a lot of steam in the second half. I think it would have been better as a 6 episode series vs 8. That being said, Toni Collette really brought it in those last 2 episodes and I hope she isn’t overlooked.

Im glad that I wasn’t the only one to think it lost steam once he went to prison.

Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Michelle Pfeiffer has just crushed this show while everything around her (the other performances, the writing, etc is a MESS). I would love to see her get nominated even though the show makes me so frustrated.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Atypical
    Topics:

“Gaslit” in ALL categories! Julia Roberts & Shea Whigham for the Emmy wins outright, as well as Limited Series and many other nominations.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

FYI all, the like button is back

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

ejaru1810
    Topics:

wolfali
    Topics:

I’m posting this here considering I can’t in the actual thread but could I just (politely) ask why the unlimited ballot experiment thread was closed? This is a thread we’ve successfully had conducted during multiple Emmy seasons (and during Oscar seasons with the preferential ballot) on these forums in order to analyse how people on here would vote if they were able to cast their own ballots at the Emmys in which they can choose an unlimited number of contenders. The argument given before the thread was closed was that “Gold Derby awards voting opens this week” but this exercise (as was already stated in the original post) is not an infringement of the ground the Gold Derby TV awards already walks on as the aim of the exercise is not to hand out awards to shows and performances but to analyse voting patterns and inform our own Emmy predictions as we get closer to the Emmy voting period so I’m rather perplexed as to the cessation of the thread’s operation.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Manav
    Topics:

I’m posting this here considering I can’t in the actual thread but could I just (politely) ask why the unlimited ballot experiment thread was closed? This is a thread we’ve successfully had conducted during multiple Emmy seasons (and during Oscar seasons with the preferential ballot) on these forums in order to analyse how people on here would vote if they were able to cast their own ballots at the Emmys in which they can choose an unlimited number of contenders. The argument given before the thread was closed was that “Gold Derby awards voting opens this week” but this exercise (as was already stated in the original post) is not an infringement of the ground the Gold Derby TV awards already walks on as the aim of the exercise is not to hand out awards to shows and performances but to analyse voting patterns and inform our own Emmy predictions as we get closer to the Emmy voting period so I’m rather perplexed as to the cessation of the thread’s operation.

Hear hear!

alittle03
    Topics:

I never realized how much I would miss it or how much I used it until it was gone! Glad it’s back.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

forwardswill
    Topics:

I think it’s because they don’t want crossover with the GoldDerby awards by seeing who people would vote for. But if we returned to how the OG Unlimited Ballot Experiment was done there wouldn’t need to be any crossover. In that version, no one was asked to reveal who they’d vote for but just how many in each category which gave us an idea of voting patterns and the extent to which voters may potentially select candidates beyond the number that will actually be nominated.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.