Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 514 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Reminder that Danielle Deadwyler ate everyone in that category up with 1/10th of the screentime. Now that we have confirmation of her submission, Emmy voters please do your thing.

Did she submit the finale? The table speech with the pilot was epic.

Profile picture
    Bebe
    Topics:

Hopefully Alexandra Daddario gets in now that Limited Supporting categories have 7 slots. Steve Zahn is probably in a good position, considering his ballot placement.

In my opinion, Alexandra Daddario should be winning with her monologue in the finale.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Did she submit the finale? The table speech with the pilot was epic.

Individual episodes are only submitted by performers in the second round (aside from guest categories). If she were to be nominated though, I’d go with the third episode. It’s pretty much the perfect tape in my opinion. However, the scene you refer you from the finale is my favourite scene of the entire television season. I was in awe of the talent she displays in that scene.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Someone give me a good reason to keep Lily James. I have 100/1 odds on her so don’t want to remove but currently I just can’t really justify why she would get in.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Someone give me a good reason to keep Lily James. I have 100/1 odds on her so don’t want to remove but currently I just can’t really justify why she would get in.

She’s campaigning, the show was fairly watched, transformative narrative. She’s also someone who has been rising a lot in terms of profile.

I’m not confident either tho.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The 6th slot actually makes me confident she sneaks in because everyone is super weak after Qualley and Seyfried and James remains the one with the most awareness and visibility (even if it was more pre premiere)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The 6th slot actually makes me confident she sneaks in because everyone is super weak after Qualley and Seyfried and James remains the one with the most awareness and visibility (even if it was more pre premiere)

I agree with this. James benefits from the fact that the show was buzzy pre-release prior to the onslaught of series

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Was sorta hoping Sebastian went Supporting for Fresh but oh well – Pam and Tommy was always his better shot anyway

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I think having 6 slots in Actor/Actress and 7 in Supporting Actor helps Pam & Tommy the most.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Post Ballot prediction

Limited Series
    Dopesick
    The Dropout
    Maid
    The Staircase
    White Lotus

Actor
    Colin Firth, The Staircase
    Andrew Garfield, Under the Banner of Heaven
    Oscar Isaac, Scenes From a Marriage
    Michael Keaton, Dopesick
    Samuel L. Jackson, The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey
    Sebastian Stan, Pam & Tommy

Actress
    Jessica Biel, Candy
    Jessica Chastain, Scenes From a Marriage
    Toni Collete, The Staircase
    Lily James, Pam & Tommy
    Margaret Qualley, Maid
    Amanda Seyfried, The Dropout

Supporting Actor
    Naveen Andrews, The Dropout 
    Murray Bartlett, The White Lotus
    Nick Robinson, Maid
    Seth Rogen, Pam & Tommy
    Wyatt Russell, Under the Banner of Heaven
    Peter Sarsgaad, Dopesick
    Michael Stuhlbarg, Dopesick

Supporting Actress
    Connie Britton, The White Lotus
    Jennifer Coolidge, The White Lotus
    Alexandra Daddario, The White Lotus
    Kaitlyn Dever, Dopesick
    Daisy Edgar-Jones, Under the Banner of Heaven
    Andie MacDowell, Maid
    Anika Noni Rose, Maid

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Pamela Anderson being so against the project was the main reason I kept out Lily James. But maybe any publicity is good publicity? I think Lead Actress is frontloaded enough to not sustain James and be just fine, and Limited Series was always a tough sell with Emmy voters despite the success of “Pam & Tommy.” Sebastian Stan might oddly have an easier go of it in Lead Actor, but I’m not there with his prediction yet.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t have her in (although I do have her 7th) so I’m perhaps not the best person to comment in this matter but I guess the reason I’m actively considering her is because she feels like one of the very few performers in this category who has both visibility and passion on their side? Her performance was universally praised as a career re-defining one and even as Pam and Tommy felt buzzless when it aired it felt like there was a lot of chatter about her.

Of course with this being said chatter and critical acclaim isn’t necessarily an awards harbinger and if these voters just gave up on Pam and Tommy after the first three episodes and moved onto some of these other smaller limited series with more reliable pedigrees she’s probably going to have a steep hill to climb (she isn’t as prominent in the first three episodes of the show as she is in the back half of the show).

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Snow
    Topics:

It still baffles me how we all were thinking ACS: Impeachment would fill every category and now no one seems to even remember it. Imagine the shock if it still appears in some capacity, which I don’t think will happen, of course.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

It still baffles me how we all were thinking ACS: Impeachment would fill every category and now no one seems to even remember it. Imagine the shock if it still appears in some capacity, which I don’t think will happen, of course.

I think this is possible. Voters have defaulted to Ryan Murphy shows in the past. Probably not in Limited Series, but Clive Owen, Sarah Paulson and Eddie Falco could show up.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.