Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

It still baffles me how we all were thinking ACS: Impeachment would fill every category and now no one seems to even remember it. Imagine the shock if it still appears in some capacity, which I don’t think will happen, of course.

I still think if it had released later it would have gotten a load of nominations on name recognition alone amidst the chaos that is those categories. Landing in September has allowed voters time to either forget about it or hear about the reception properly.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

I wonder if Double Feature (season 10) will become the first American Horror Story season to not receive a single nomination

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think this is possible. Voters have defaulted to Ryan Murphy shows in the past. Probably not in Limited Series, but Clive Owen, Sarah Paulson and Eddie Falco could show up.

Paulson is on the same page as Qualley, btw.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I wonder if Double Feature (season 10) will become the first American Horror Story season to not receive a single nomination

It’ll probably still gets two usual Makeup noms.

Profile picture
    K Olivia
    Topics:

The First Lady was a disappointment but I wouldn’t be surprised if any one of those actresses got in. Not only is the subject matter ‘baity’ but each of them are big names portraying notable historical figures. I’m not saying it will happen. I just wouldn’t be shocked if it does.

Profile picture
    darkerthancaper
    Topics:

In addition to the make-up categories, I see the possibility of being nominated in the sound mixing, just like with <i>1984</i>.

Profile picture
    darkerthancaper
    Topics:

It still baffles me how we all were thinking ACS: Impeachment would fill every category and now no one seems to even remember it. Imagine the shock if it still appears in some capacity, which I don’t think will happen, of course.

Frankly, it amazes me that there isn’t even a mention of Impeachment here in all this nomination conversation. Falco almost hasn’t missed a nomination with a project she was involved in before, and we are talking about a historical and baity character like Clinton here. Paulson’s former portrayal of Marcia Clark under the ACS brand will of course provide an advantage, as she also receives generally positive feedback in her collaborations with Ryan Murphy. I think maybe a surprise Owen nomination is also possible, but not as much as the other two. Plus, seems that a nomination for Murphy himself in the direction of Man Handled is on the way.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Literally the only times Falco has missed in 20 years was for a cancelled CBS procedural (Tommy) and a louieck.net original (Horace and Pete).

I’m not predicting her (although don’t think she’s any worse than 12th right now) but I think even seeing the phrase “Edie Falco as Hilary Clinton” on the ballot is too tempting for some voters whom might not even have see this season.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

It’ll probably still gets two usual Makeup noms.

Ah true, especially for prosthetics

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The First Lady was a disappointment but I wouldn’t be surprised if any one of those actresses got in. Not only is the subject matter ‘baity’ but each of them are big names portraying notable historical figures. I’m not saying it will happen. I just wouldn’t be shocked if it does.

I’ll never watch this show but look out for Viola Davis
    Yeah, i know she was somehow panned, but we are looking at a full White lineup so far and Viola is a big name that could prevent that. I’m just saying.
    The same goes to Samuel L Jackson in the Actor category.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

This discussion (which other users brought up) is why I don’t think Nick Robinson is getting in.

The straight husband character in movies/show
    that have women as Lead characters and that skews mostly to middled aged women, is often sidelined in awards circles.

Other examples:

Leonardo DiCaprio in Revolutionary Road
    Hugh Grant in Florence Foster Jenkins
    Jason Ritter in The Tale
    Sebastian Stan in I, Tonya
    Steve Coogan in Philomena
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman in The Savages
    Andrew Garfield in The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    Tobias Menzies and Matt Smith got snubbed for their first seasons of The Crown

You can some of these weren’t really impressive/showy. I’d say that that’s the case with Nick. He’s really good in Maid and I think he’s an underrated actor, but his performance is nuanced and mostly seen through the eyes of Alex’s point of view.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

The same goes to Samuel L Jackson in the Actor category.

I’ve had Jackson in the 6th spot for a while, so with there being six nomination slots I’m putting him in. He has a significant presence, Ptolemy was his passion project, and he’s campaigning for it. We are not facing a likely full white lineup in actor, which as you said could help Viola in actress (although I still don’t see it for her), but actor still sadly seems like the only feasible limited acting category for at least some diversity so that could help him, too.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m considering slotting in Samuel L. Jackson primarily because of passion. Now of course one can say that isn’t really everything with the unlimited ballot prioritising visibility but I just think that outside of Keaton, Garfield, Firth and Isaac each contender in this category faces more weaknesses than Jackson. Some of them are co-leads overshadowed in both acclaim and buzz by their female co-stars (Leto with Hathaway, Bettany with Foy, even to an extent Stan with James although I’d argue he isn’t really lagging on the buzz front as much as the former two male co-leads) whilst others are just in projects that I question whether the actors branch have seen. The Survivor may be on HBO but it’s got a lukewarm critical reception and Foster has no awards track record, Moon Knight doesn’t really feel like a show many people outside of fans of the MCU actually care about and both Station Eleven and 1883 just feel like a they either go all our or not at all situation.

Jackson is very beloved, is just coming off of an honorary Oscar win, is in a show on AppleTV that has the advantage of an earlier release and everyone who has seen this show has been raving about him in it. People have gotten in for less.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Nick Robinson is in a top contender for Limited Series in a category with 7 slots. I’d be surprised if he missed. All of the Maid supporters will most likely check him off.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    OscarBait
    Topics:

Oscars are more my thing but I thought I’d give the Emmy Movie/Miniseries categories a go for fun, so here goes:

Best Miniseries

Dopesick
    The Dropout
    Maid
    Under the Banner of Heaven
    The White Lotus

Best TV Movie

Chip ‘N Dale: Rescue Rangers
    Fresh
    Ray Donovan: The Movie
    The Survivor
    Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas

Best Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie

Colin Firth, The Staircase
    Ben Foster, The Survivor
    Andrew Garfield, Under the Banner of Heaven
    Oscar Isaac, Moon Knight
    Michael Keaton, Dopesick
    Hamish Linklater, Midnight Mass

Best Actress in a Miniseries or TV Movie

Jessica Biel, Candy
    Elle Fanning, The Girl From Plainville
    Anne Hathaway, WeCrashed
    Margaret Qualley, Maid
    Julia Roberts, Gaslit
    Amanda Seyfried, The Dropout

Best Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie

Naveen Andrews, The Dropout
    Murray Bartlett, The White Lotus
    Zach Gilford, Midnight Mass
    Nick Robinson, Maid
    Wyatt Russell, Under the Banner of Heaven
    Colton Ryan, The Girl From Plainville
    Peter Sarsgaard, Dopesick

Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or TV Movie

Connie Britton, The White Lotus
    Jennifer Coolidge, The White Lotus
    Kaitlyn Dever, Dopesick
    Daisy Edgar-Jones, Under the Banner of Heaven
    Andie McDowell, Maid
    Parker Posey, The Staircase
    Chloë Sevingy, The Girl From Plainville

Best Direction of a Miniseries or TV Movie

Dopesick, “The People vs. Purdue Pharma”
    Maid, “Sky Blue”
    Midnight Mass
    The Staircase, “911”
    The Survivor
    The White Lotus

Best Writing of a Miniseries or TV Movie

Dopesick, “The People vs. Purdue Pharma”
    The Dropout, “I’m in a Hurry”
    The Girl From Plainville, “Star-Crossed Lovers and Things Like That”
    Maid, “Snaps”
    Station Eleven, “Unbroken Circle”
    The White Lotus

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.