Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 511 through 514 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Am I the only one predicting Liev Schreiber? He has 3 nominations for the role and multiple nominations in the narrator category so he is a name they somewhat like. They might default to him considering the state of the category. There’s also a precedence for his nomination with Tituss Burgess.

Good point but I always saw Schrieber as Aaron Paul 2.0. Schreiber is stronger  individually but Paul had a much stronger vehicle, returning to his 3 time Emmy winning role which is enough to compensate.

Unlike these two, Burgess’ noms didn’t have a huge gap, keeping him relatively fresh in voters’ mind and the alphabetical advantage would have helped on some level. His category was also much more dire that year imo, whereas you can somewhat satisfactorily fill up Lead Actor this time.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

It has wildly disparate critic and user scores (49 on Metacritic vs 8.7 on IMDB), however, that’s an increasing trend we’re seeing (including Oscars), so it’s a hard one to judge. I’ve not seen it but I have heard from almost everyone that Goode is terrific.

I had to watch it with someone and Goode really is great despite the show around him being a hot mess. I’d easily vote for him.

Profile picture
    Snow
    Topics:

Speaking of this, what is the longest number of seasons from the first season has an actress been nominated in supporting? Like how long from S1 (S1-S4 or S1-S9). Allison Janney comes to mind for getting nominated for the first three years of Mom in supporting and then next two in Lead (so technically 5 seasons). Anna Chulumsky has 6 (for S2-S7) but wasn’t nominated for S1, so it doesn’t count.

I think its Rhea Perlman for Cheers. She was nominated 9 consecutive years, then missed one and the next year got her 10th. In general I think the “record” must be David Hyde Pierce with 11 consecutive for Frasier.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I had to watch it with someone and Goode really is great despite the show around him being a hot mess. I’d easily vote for him.

Yep, I’ve heard at least five people be all the way between hot and cold on the series and they all said Goode was great. Maybe that trade prediction of him being a sole nominee isn’t entirely off base.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 4 posts - 511 through 514 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.