Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Gajo
    Topics:

1. UTBOH
    2. Maid
    3. Gaslit
    4. The Survivor
    5. We Own This City

Currently watching Angelyne and it’s super fun! Totally recommend it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is WeCrashed worth watching? I like Hathaway and wanted to check out her performance with the strong word of mouth she’s been receiving but let’s just say I’m not a very big fan of Leto’s acting style.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Haven’t seen much to be honest so here I go

1) Dopesick
    2) Station Eleven
    3) Landscapers
    4) Maid
    5) Moon Knight

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Is WeCrashed worth watching? I like Hathaway and wanted to check out her performance with the strong word of mouth she’s been receiving but let’s just say I’m not a very big fan of Leto’s acting style.

I loved his performance in Dallas Buyer’s Club but pretty much can’t stand him in anything else. Plus the whole cult leader thing makes me want to avoid him on principle. So I haven’t even given WeCrashed a shot yet and I probably won’t. But I am in the same boat re: Hathaway.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

1. UTBOH
    2. Maid
    3. Gaslit
    4. The Survivor
    5. We Own This City

Currently watching Angelyne and it’s super fun! Totally recommend it.

If I were mixing movies and limited The Survivor would make it in on my list too.

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

Whoa re everyone’s personal 5? 

Of the verryy little I’ve seen till now, my top 5:

1. The White Lotus
    2. Station Eleven
    3. Maid
    4. Scenes From A Marriage
    5. Impeachment: American Crime Story

FYC: "This Is Us", "The Good Fight", "Severance" & "Hacks" in all categories.

Juliette Lewis ("Yellowjackets "), Mandy Moore ("This Is Us"), Kavyan Novak ("What We Do In The Shadows "), Edie Falco ("Impeachment: American Crime Story"), Drew Tarver & Heléne Yorke ("The Other Two")

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Sad but unlike last year, I don’t feel passionate about any of the limited series that came out this year. I will be fine with whoever gets nominated in the main series category

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

1. The White Lotus
    2. Maid
    3. Landscapers
    4. The Dropout
    5. Moon Knight

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    The Great
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Severance
    The Batman

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Sad but unlike last year, I don’t feel passionate about any of the limited series that came out this year. I will be fine with whoever gets nominated in the main series category

I would put Station Eleven ahead of everything last year and even Watchmen from two years ago. But in terms of the frontrunners I agree.

Profile picture
    Snoopy
    Topics:
    1. Under the Banner of Heaven
    2. Dopesick
    3. Maid
    4. Station Eleven
    5. Gaslit

1. Andrew Garfield
    2. Michael Keaton
    3. Colin Firth
    4. Oscar Isaac
    5. Himesh Patel
    Profile picture
    Snoopy
    Topics:

Under the Banner of Heaven is only available in the USA; it will be released on Disney Plus UK only on July 27th, in Canada next month and I don’t know the release date in another countries. I think in this case it´s not fair compare the IMDB ranking and the mentions on social networks with a series that is available in several countries as The Staircase. By the way, I don’t understand why the series will be available in the UK only 3 months after the USA premiere, considering there is no need for dubbing or subtitles.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

my top 5 miniseries of the cycle:

1. Dopesick
    2. The Dropout
    3. The White Lotus
    4. Midnight Mass
    5. Moon Knight

Runners Up are The Staircase and Maid, wow making this made me realize how stacked this year is

waitttt i just finished The Staircase ep 4 and it was kinda everything, might have to swap something out lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

By the way, I don’t understand why the series will be available in the UK only 3 months after the USA premiere, considering there is no need for dubbing or subtitles.

This has happened with every FX/Hulu shows over here with the exceptions of The Dropout, Only Murders in the Building and Pam and Tommy. Both Disney and the BBC only start airing their shows after they’ve finished airing in the US. Thankfully the BBC does this but then drops each show as a box set, I don’t really understand Disney’s excuse considering they’re Hulu’s parent company lol.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I haven’t seen The Staircase, but I’m seeing buzz for Juliette Binoche and I love it 😍

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

I haven’t seen The Staircase, but I’m seeing buzz for Juliette Binoche and I love it 😍

She finally had things to do in last episode. Her part is really starting now.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.