Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Surprised not many are predicating Sebastian Stan. He not only has Pam and Tommy, but his movie Fresh is also up for nomination (and will most likely get nominated for Best Movie)

Michael Keaton
    Colin Firth
    Oscar Isaac
    Sebastian Stan
    Andrew Garfield/Ben Foster

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Surprised not many are predicating Sebastian Stan. He not only has Pam and Tommy, but his movie Fresh is also up for nomination (and will most likely get nominated for Best Movie)

Michael Keaton
    Colin Firth
    Oscar Isaac
    Sebastian Stan
    Andrew Garfield/Ben Foster

As much as I like him as an actor, he’s fighting for the last spot (Firth, Keaton, Garfield and Isaac seem a solid top 4) and while I’m predicting those 4 and Stan, he seems the one that could miss for someone like Bettany or Jackson.

On the good side Hulu seems to be pushing hard for him and they are having also an Academy event for Fresh on June so he could build some momentum for whenever the Pam&Tommy event happen.

I’m expecting the P&T campaign to begin in June with events and promotion, Lily has been really quiet lately but I assume she will start her campaign as well during June while Stan has interviews coming. I really believe Hulu will put them both in Variety’s Actors on Actors and any Roundtable they can get. Hulu would be dumb if they waste the chance both have for a nom. They aren’t sure things but the chances are not small either.

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

On the good side Hulu seems to be pushing hard for him and they are having also an Academy event for Fresh on June so he could build some momentum for whenever the Pam&Tommy event happen.

The Pam & Tommy Academy screening and panel already happened back in March. I’m sure Hulu will do their own thing on the side, though.

Profile picture
    Snoopy
    Topics:

Andrew Garfield is on Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People list and it’s Martin Scorcese who write about him:

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Some interesting notes from my latest view of ReelGoods most popular series currently:

1. Candy is #1. I think it might surprise a few people come awards day. I think Jessica Biel has a legitimate shot to sneak into actress. I also think it helps Lynskey in her Drama Actress campaign and could even lead to a supporting nomination here as well.

2. There are 3 iterations of The Staircase in the top 25 including two versions of the documentary (2004 and 2018). The show itself has a middling 7.5 on IMDB so this tells me the show is probably benefitting more from people already invested in the story than anything else.

3. Under The Banner of Heaven is #6 and has solidly stuck around that since they started airing episodes.

4. The Offer is in the top 16 currently and has an 8.5 on IMDB so far? Might people be sleeping on it? I haven’t heard anything about it yet. The metacritic scores are the definition of divisive where there is a 100 and a 0 rating. 49 metacritic score does seem insurmountable, though. Just surprising to see it so high up.

5. Not limited related but there isn’t a single comedy in the top 10. Hacks is #11 and Barry is #15 and the Flight Attendant is #26(unless you count the Carlin Docuseries).

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Let me just take a moment to say that Rolling Stone giving The Offer a score of 0 on Metacritic is absolute crappy bullshit journalism.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

It did seem very personal.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Lead Actress is completely a mess to predict, anyone could make it

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Let me just take a moment to say that Rolling Stone giving The Offer a score of 0 on Metacritic is absolute crappy bullshit journalism.

Are people not allowed to have their own opinions lol?

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Lead Actress is completely a mess to predict, anyone could make it

Rooting for Oscar Winner Jessica Chastain to make the cut.

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Ben Foster being #3 in the GD odds for a film with an IMDB score of 6.8 is mega weird.

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

A zero for a show seems more than just an opinion; it feels punitive. Also, had Alan Sepinwall been the one to give it a zero it would still be strange but I trust him enough that it wouldn’t seem as petty on the surface. Has he ever given a show a zero?

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Not necessarily related to what Manav’s post but certain critic/publication has such disdain towards particular actor/project for weird reason that they will bash the actor’s work whenever they got the chance (Grace to Chastain, anyone?)

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Not necessarily related to what Manav’s post but certain critic/publication has such disdain towards particular actor/project for weird reason that they will bash the actor’s work whenever they got the chance (Grace to Chastain, anyone?)

💯

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

So it is seyfried or Qualley to lose both of their roles are buzzy ? Maid seems to have big audiances scores

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.