Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

So it is seyfried or Qualley to lose both of their roles are buzzy ? Maid seems to have big audiances scores

The competition is likely at this point between Margaret Qualley and Amanda Seyfried unless some other contender’s show is really strong within the acting branch or Toni Collette gains some major momentum.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

A zero for a show seems more than just an opinion; it feels punitive. Also, had Alan Sepinwall been the one to give it a zero it would still be strange but I trust him enough that it wouldn’t seem as petty on the surface. Has he ever given a show a zero?

The fact that one of the next reviews is is “Montana Story is the anti-Yellowstone and that’s a GOOD THING” would suggest he’s not a fan of the Paramount industrial complex.

Almost nothing should ever be given a zero.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I haven’t seen The Staircase, but I’m seeing buzz for Juliette Binoche and I love it 😍

I think she’s very likely to be nominated in Supporting Actress, especially now that Toni Collette is being campaigned in Lead Actress (even though she shouldn’t be).

We need the Prediction Center updated with the correct submission placements please! 🙂

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

A zero for a show seems more than just an opinion; it feels punitive. Also, had Alan Sepinwall been the one to give it a zero it would still be strange but I trust him enough that it wouldn’t seem as petty on the surface. Has he ever given a show a zero?

It wasn’t Sepinwall.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It wasn’t Sepinwall.

Yeah, I think probablyRob and I both picked that up.

I frequently disagree with Sepinwall, but he’s not vindictive.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

I finished Dopesick yesterday and I really enjoyed that! Though I don’t know if it’s just me but sometimes it felt like Keaton wasn’t in it enough. Anyway I loved how his story ended by paying it forward. I’ll be starting The Dropout soon.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I finished Dopesick yesterday and I really enjoyed that! Though I don’t know if it’s just me but sometimes it felt like Keaton wasn’t in it enough.

I’m a big fan of Dopesick, but it’s not perfect. I don’t necessarily need all the peripheral storylines, but I kind of think they do one key thing, which is dissipate the intensity of what’s going on enough that it’s watchable, which is a skill I really rate.

Profile picture
    JessicaReed53
    Topics:

I’m a big fan of Dopesick, but it’s not perfect. I don’t necessarily need all the peripheral storylines, but I kind of think they do one key thing, which is dissipate the intensity of what’s going on enough that it’s watchable, which is a skill I really rate.

Agree, Dopesick is not perfect. Yes, they make a gloomy and important story watchable, but the supporting characters are all one-dimensional/stock, especially the women  (Dever, Dawson, Soo). Also, the show’s timeline is confusing and executed without much grace. I’m not predicting it to win Series.

Profile picture
    JessicaReed53
    Topics:

So it is seyfried or Qualley to lose both of their roles are buzzy ? Maid seems to have big audiances scores

Maid  has way more support than The Dropout. 

Qualley is going to be hard to beat, but Seyfried has been on the scene a long time and is overdue. It will be interesting to see what happens. I predict Qualley.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Maid definitely has more support as a series than The Dropout. But when it comes to Qualley versus Seyfried, it’s much closer. I’ve been impressed that Seyfried has been able to keep up a momentum for this long even as the series buzz has died down.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Justice for Lilly Kane

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Peacock sending Angelyne themed pink corvettes all throughout LA, given how much of an LA based phenomenon the actual person was, I wonder if this could pay off for them

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Is anyone watching Angelyne? What about Emmy Rossum?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Agree, Dopesick is not perfect. Yes, they make a gloomy and important story watchable, but the supporting characters are all one-dimensional/stock, especially the women  (Dever, Dawson, Soo). Also, the show’s timeline is confusing and executed without much grace. I’m not predicting it to win Series.

In all honesty, if we got Maid in series, Keaton as lead actor, Seyfried as lead actress, and Bartlett and Coolidge as supporting acting winners, I think that would be a pretty reasonable line up. Maid’s far less the phenom some of the previous series is, but if winning an Emmy encourages people to watch it, good.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Peacock sending Angelyne themed pink corvettes all throughout LA, given how much of an LA based phenomenon the actual person was, I wonder if this could pay off for them

We just need to remember girls5eva. Even campaining won’t get voters to watch Peacock.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.