Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They should call it the Redoing.

Season 3 – The Foregoing

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

There are a couple of Irma Vep reviews for 2023 from Cannes which are decent and thought provoking if not earth shattering (given it’s a June release). I’m unsure why so few, I think they might have only show one or two eps.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

That’s interesting, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Do you mind if I ask what your feelings were about The Dropout I guess just to see where/if our sentiments align? Personally whilst I thought the show featured some great acting (and in particular a nearly uniformly strong ensemble) I found the show’s approach to its central characters’ misdeeds and examination of that Silicon Valley culture to be underwhelming and surface level to say the least.

There were some strong episodes and overall it is good, but sometimes it forced itself a lot to have a contextual meaning on the story (the sixth episode). Seyfried is good, but it is not an undeniable performance; the rest of the cast’s screentime will make it hard for them. WeCrashed‘s grip on its subjects is more focused and confident in the way that I had a good understanding of what their psyche was. It is a project that goes beyond let’s have some A-list headliners.

There are other contenders in the lineup that are very different stories than WeCrashed/The Dropout that recognizing those only leaves me one spot which goes for the former.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m unsure why so few, I think they might have only show one or two eps.

According to The Hollywood Reporter  they showed 3. The consensus seems to be that the episodes screened were great but that it’s hard to judge without having the full picture of the show.

With it essentially being a HBO series starring an Academy Award winner (and an Academy Award nominee with Kristen Stewart also being involved) and Olivier Assayas being a previous Emmy nominee, I’m curious to see how it progresses and if it could end up being next season’s early release that comes out of nowhere and stays the whole course. We’ve just seen two auteur driven summer release HBO series achieve similar things these past two Emmy cycles and it has the same slot in HBO’s schedules that I May Destroy You got. The fact that the source material is a cult favourite could help.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

According to The Hollywood Reporter  they showed 3. The consensus seems to be that the episodes screened were great but that it’s hard to judge without having the full picture of the show.

So much has also been squeezed in to this cycle that I don’t think HBO will go wild between now and the end of the year – I know they have this, The White House Plumbers, and Love and Death, but that could conceivably be it before winter. late July to probably September are probably a wipe out for anything except the most aggressively commercial stuff unless it fits in programming wise with their genre choices. I don’t even know what Netflix is running then (Monster, maybe?)

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

According to The Hollywood Reporter they showed 3. The consensus seems to be that the episodes screened were great but that it’s hard to judge without having the full picture of the show. With it essentially being a HBO series starring an Academy Award winner (and an Academy Award nominee with Kristen Stewart also being involved) and Olivier Assayas being a previous Emmy nominee, I’m curious to see how it progresses and if it could end up being next season’s early release that comes out of nowhere and stays the whole course. We’ve just seen two auteur driven summer release HBO series achieve similar things these past two Emmy cycles and it has the same slot in HBO’s schedules that I May Destroy You got. The fact that the source material is a cult favourite could help.

Part of the reason why Hacks is so beloved despite actually being a lowkey story is it is a meta-narrative on Hollywood, how it wants to see itself. The same approach, or the exploration of it in this case, can really help Irma Vep.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Irma Vep

Metacritic

The Playlist: 91
    The Hollywood Reporter: 70

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Jennifer Coolidge: ‘White Lotus’ Helped Break the Spell of Being Typecast for ‘Gold Digger’ Roles

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I have to take this moment to mention that Melanie Linskey is absolutely phenomenal in Candy.  She brings so much nuance to this role and I absolutely loved seeing her on screen.  What a fantastic performance.  With the way Candy seems to be doing pretty well, I have  her as a shoo in for a nomination. ( funnily enough, I just do not see her getting in for Yellow Jackets)

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Top 3 Contenders:

Series:

• Dopesick
    • The White Lotus
    • Maid

Actor:

• Michael Keaton, Dopesick
    • Colin Firth, The Staircase
    • Andrew Garfield, Under the Banner of Heaven

Actress:

• Margaret Qualley, Maid
    • Amanda Seyfried, The Dropout
    • Toni Collette, The Staircase

Supporting Actor:

• Murray Bartlett, The White Lotus
    • Naveen Andrews, The Dropout
    • Nick Robinson, Maid

Supporting Actress:

• Jennifer Coolidge, The White Lotus
    • Kaitlyn Dever, Dopesick
    • Andie MacDowell, Maid

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Multi-Grammy Winning Artist - Olivia Rodrigo

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - This Is Us
    - Stranger Things
    - Reservation Dogs

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She probably isn’t happening, but there’s no doubt Peacock are campaigning hard for Emmy Rossum.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

She probably isn’t happening, but there’s no doubt Peacock are campaigning hard for Emmy Rossum.

She’s actually great on this roundtable.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Rossum needs the feature just so she can reintroduce herself to the mainstream for big roles again. It’ll be good setup for the Apple TV+ series she has coming with Tom Holland if it ends up being any good.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I really like Emmy Rossum but I rarely love the projects she commits to. I think Comet was the only thing I really enjoyed that she was a part of. Angelyne looks like it could be worth checking out but I’m not eager to go out of my way to check it out either.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.