Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Could we get Mare Winningham in the predictions centre please?

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I have only seen three episodes of WeCrashed and I already want Anne Hathaway to get nominated.

The episode with the Summer Camp is her best

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I have only seen three episodes of WeCrashed and I already want Anne Hathaway to get nominated.

Wait until you get to episodes 5, 7 & 8.

You’ll be rooting for her to win.

Profile picture
    Viv
    Topics:

P-Valley had higher ratings than Gaslit and was actually acclaimed (even getting major TCA noms) and still failed to be in the conversation at all because of Starz. The Good Lord Bird had similar enough ratings on Showtime and was again ignored despite a decent winter haul. It’s not just about ratings in the end. Shows from HBO/FX more easily get industry eyeballs on them or even develop casual buzz amongst these circles, which has been proven time and time again. Would something like Hacks be this big if it wasn’t on HBO Max for example? Gaslit’s reviews and ratings are just fine at best and you need more than that to overcome being on a network whose last ATL nomination was 7/8 years ago. PS: Parrot Analytics isn’t exactly a reliable source of information imo. Various more trusted sources of information directly contradict it.

P-Valley actually did NOT have higher ratings than Gaslit.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    TV_Lover
    Topics:

Women’s stories– especially stories about women’s rights/issues like Maid on Netflix– need your vote. Please keep this in mind, I daresay especially if you’re a man.

Thank you for saying this so succinctly. I rambled on the drama thread and regret it and plan to delete it. I’d just add that when looking for women’s stories, that means not just that women are the subjects but also that the stories are created by/written by/produced by women (which is true of Maid, for all three of those).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wait until you get to episodes 5, 7 & 8. You’ll be rooting for her to win.

I’m excited! I won’t post a full review of the show until I finish it of course but Hathaway has truly surprised me. I have liked some performances of hers quite a fair amount in the past but I never really knew she had the ability to deliver a turn with this great an amount of emotional depth.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

I’m excited! I won’t post a full review of the show until I finish it of course but Hathaway has truly surprised me. I have liked some performances of hers quite a fair amount in the past but I never really knew she had the ability to deliver a turn with this great an amount of emotional depth.

she is my favorite in category and I expect her to get snub on nomination day. She made the show.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I am predicting Hathaway even though I have no intention of watching the series. I almost want to because I really like her and keep hearing her performance is great but I consume a lot of podcasts and documentaries and the whole WeWork story just pisses me off more than anything other than boring me maybe.

But I keep hearing she is the best thing about it and she is pretty well-known and beloved within the industry. She sounds like she would be a lot more deserving than say Julia Garner which I did watch a few episodes of and was startlingly not remotely into that performance at all considering she is another actress I tend to adore.

If I had my way Mackenzie Davis would make it in over Garner and even some others that seem like surer things. If not her I’ll go with people I like who seem like they at least have a shot to breakthrough both on merit and name recognition.

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

What does everyone have for TV movie? I’m just shooting shots in the dark mostly here.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really don’t know what to do with Pam and Tommy. I slotted James back in because she seems to be emerging as a consensus pick (at least in the predictions centre odds) and she seems to have a lot of visibility but something just feels really off here. I’m sort of getting a bit of Defending Jacob deja-vu where we assume that the last slot in the lead categories is filled by a very commercially friendly (but not exactly the most awards friendly) series with a big campaign from a streamer that isn’t the biggest Emmy juggernaut but it just doesn’t really factor in for voters as an awards priority and they instead fill those remaining slots in the lead categories with performances given by performers who are more familiar to the actors branch from under-seen prestige-y series that whilst non factors elsewhere have more built in visibility due to who their streamers/networks are.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What does everyone have for TV movie? I’m just shooting shots in the dark mostly here.

1. Fresh
    2. The Fallout
    3. The Survivor
    4. Chip ‘n’ Dale : Rescue Rangers
    5. Ray Donovan : The Movie

The only other contenders I’m actively considering are Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas and The House. I honestly wouldn’t know of any of the other contenders’ existence if they were in the predictions centre and considering how voters have tended to either go for the films with the most visibility in this category or those that are essentially specials of shows they’ve seen an episode of once, I doubt they would be aware of any of the remaining contenders either.

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

1. Fresh 2. The Fallout 3. The Survivor 4. Chip ‘n’ Dale : Rescue Rangers 5. Ray Donovan : The Movie The only other contenders I’m actively considering are Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas and The House. I honestly wouldn’t know of any of the other contenders’ existence if they were in the predictions centre and considering how voters have tended to either go for the films with the most visibility in this category or those that are essentially specials of shows they’ve seen an episode of once, I doubt they would be aware of any of the remaining contenders either.

See, I don’t know what to do with Fresh here, I can’t figure out if voters are going to embrace it or not. I’m fairly certain The Fallout (considering recent events), The Survivor and Chip ‘n’ Dale are getting nominated, it’s just the others…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

See, I don’t know what to do with Fresh here, I can’t figure out if voters are going to embrace it or not. I’m fairly certain The Fallout (considering recent events), The Survivor and Chip ‘n’ Dale are getting nominated, it’s just the others…

I just feel like in a category as bizarre as this one visibility will just propel it across the finish line (in nominations). It may not have the most palatable subject matter but it’s by far the most widely seen film in contention here and I think that will really help it.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.