Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The White Lotus is being overestimated, especially with regards to acting. I see Dopesick and The Dropout benefitting the most from the large number of slots and lack of consensus and not The White Lotus outside Coolidge, Britton and Bartlett and a big “maybe” Zahn.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

The White Lotus is being overestimated, especially with regards to acting. I see Dopesick and The Dropout benefitting the most from the large number of slots and lack of consensus and not The White Lotus outside Coolidge, Britton and Bartlett and a big “maybe” Zahn.

After watching the show, those 4 are the only deserving ones (I’m starting to believe I’m the only one who liked Zahn), the show as a whole was kind of underwhelming and it makes sense why no one outside of Bartlett and Coolidge got any kind of recognition.
    Including as well GG and CC snubbing it in Limited Series. They show felt cold.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

not The White Lotus outside Coolidge, Britton and Bartlett and a big “maybe” Zahn.

You’re predicting Daddario?

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I really don’t know what to do with Pam and Tommy

Right now I have James, Stan and Rogen in but I’ll take out Rogen in one point. Most of the talk about the show has always being on the leads (especially James), am I confident? Hell No.

Stan has been campaigning like crazy which is a good thing but doesn’t mean a nominations is lock. James has always being the consensus and she has been doing some promo (she’s shooting a new project so it makes sense why she’s not doing it as hard as Stan)

I have them in because it is a  transformative role (unlike Defending Jacob), lots of campaigning and a big push from Hulu (especially for Stan, who’s been everywhere), also, none of the other shows have much going on (Not like P&T have a lot either), so in a way, I think the campaign will make the difference.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I can’t really understand what this forum sees on Britton’s performance and why everybody is so sure she will get nominated.

It’s one of the few shows everybody will have watched. It will be a huge blow if it doesn’t max up its acting noms to a When They See Us and Hamilton level.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I can’t really understand what this forum sees on Britton’s performance and why everybody is so sure she will get nominated.

I think she’s being mostly predicted because of her name and ballot placement rather than performance. I remember a lot of people not caring for her when the show aired. With that said, I do know people who have her as the MVP of the girls. Daddario is my personal favourite but Bartlett is my overall MVP.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think she’s being mostly predicting because of her name and ballot placement rather than performance. I remember a lot of people not caring for her when the show aired. With that said, I do know people who thought she was the MVP of the girls. Daddario was my MVP of the girl though.

Ballot placement is often overestimated. I think it matters for things like Saturday Night Live, This is Us and Black-ish, and guest categories. I’m sure Jonathan Banks was on the top of the ballot when he got snubbed, and the same for Jim Carrey, who never got nominated for Kidding. Witherspoon, Wever and Kerry Washington were all next to each other and who got nominated were Octavia Spencer and Shira Haas. Tim Blake Nelson for Watchmen, Rose Byrne for Mrs America, Jonathan Bailey for Bridgerton, Bill Camp for The Queen’s Gambit…

When people have actually watched your show, then ballot placement matters very little. Same for Zahn, who was really good but it’s a 100% comedic performance.

I’m predicting everybody out of laziness, but won’t be surprised if Natasha Rothwell and Sydney Sweeney show up instead of Britton.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The White Lotus is being overestimated, especially with regards to acting.

How are others overestimating TWL in acting when you yourself are predicting 5 actors from it, more than the official odds? 💀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The advantageous ballot placement aside she’s second on the call sheet for one of the most widely seen shows in the race, is a beloved veteran who has 4 Emmy nominations (3 of which were in lead for 3 different shows) and unlike Natasha Rothwell and Sydney Sweeney her performance was actually talked about outside of this forum.

People (including myself) are predicting Laurie Metcalf with much less.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

You’re predicting Daddario?

I was when I last updated my predictions although I’ve thought about these two supporting categories a lot and hence came to the conclusion that we might have been overestimating. I’ve now shifted to the four. I personally think Daddario is going to Rose Byrne in Mrs. America way while Lacy is missing.

How are others overestimating TWL in acting when you yourself are predicting 5 actors from it, more than the official odds? 💀

I hadn’t updated my predictions lol. Ofc I’ve changed to four now. The talk of Lacy getting in is clear overestimating imo.

With that said, I do know people who have her as the MVP of the girls.

I personally thought Britton was the best in the cast after Coolidge.

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

I’m actually shockingly confident about Station Eleven getting into limited series mainly because there’s such a huge glut of true crime or “scammer shows” that voters are going to have a hard time deciding which ones to prioritize. People are going remember shows like Station Eleven or The White Lotus instead of Inventing The Thing About The Dropout from Plainville vs Carole Under the Banner of The Staircase and Tommy. They might gravitate towards the novelty of a show that accidentally reflects reality instead of intentionally.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

People are going remember shows like Station Eleven or The White Lotus instead of Inventing The Thing About The Dropout from Plainville vs Carole Under the Banner of The Staircase and Tommy.

ICONIC

Profile picture
    reynaltesp
    Topics:

Station Eleven has a PANDEMIC in its first episode and it’s about a group of ACTORS surviving, like c’mon it’s totally getting in, I would be surprised if it’s not.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Station Eleven has a PANDEMIC in its first episode and it’s about a group of ACTORS surviving, like c’mon it’s totally getting in, I would be surprised if it’s not.

IF it gets in then I think people should watch out for a possible win in September. The passion for the show is really ardent

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.