Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I just hope the supporting ladies from Impeachment get a nod. Judith Lith, Annaleigh Ashford, Margo Martindale and Edie Falco were amazing. Sarah and Beanie were too, but I know thats kinda of impossible in this state of the race.

Annaleigh Ashford and Mira Sorvino gave some of my favourite performances in this category this year. They’re obviously not happening, but it’s a shame Ashford’s performance has been forgotten completely. She didn’t even make it to the predictions center!

FYC: "What We Do in the Shadows" and "Severance" in everything, Natasha Rothwell ("Insecure"), Sophie Thatcher ("Yellowjackets"), Renee Elise Goldsberry ("Girls5eva"), James Caverly, ("Only Murders in the Building")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ll preface that I’m predicting neither to get nominated but I’m somewhat surprised that Claire Foy is drifting in the Gold Derby odds (and in some pundit predictions) for A Very British Scandal whilst Paul Bettany has stayed in the predictions centre top 6 when Foy’s performance was not only much more acclaimed but Bettany is also a much more secondary lead.

I could understand if it was because of competition but Bettany not only is starting off behind Firth, Garfield, Isaac and Keaton but he’s up against people like Stan and even Patel who are likely in much stronger series contenders at this point and has his own Julia Roberts/Anne Hathaway type of lone passion picks to face like Ben Foster and Samuel L. Jackson whilst comparatively everyone else aside from Collette, Qualley and Seyfried would be a name-check/lone passion pick in Foy’s category.

Again I’m predicting neither to get in but I feel like it’s a no brainer that if either of them were to get in the first one would be the 2 time Emmy winner (and 3 time nominee) who had a much more prominent and acclaimed performance and is in a much more wide open category.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I doubt Bettany or Leto get in without Foy and Hathaway, that’s one of the reason why I have Stan ahead of them, I think James is safe-ish and he could cottail.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Yeah I was just wondering at the strength of Bettany in the prediction center yesterday. The show was severely under-watched, which granted is sort of the story of the season, but also has no passion behind it, and he hasn’t been notably campaigning at all. The only reason I can think of for why he would still be sitting sixth is people are predicting him because…he got in last year? I guess? A first nomination in an empty field where the show he was in was able to take advantage to get nominations around…so he’s by no means a darling or namecheck or anything for voters.

I’m not predicting either, but Foy would certainly make much more sense between the two to predict. She got in for like two sentences on The Crown before, at least, and received much more notice for her performance. Bettany is way too high in the odds and I do not understand it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I also just don’t know if voters will even be aware of Bettany being in it. At least with WeCrashed it’s marketed as the Jared Leto/Anne Hathaway show and Pam and Tommy is marketed as the Lily James/Sebastian Stan show but Amazon’s campaign for A Very British Scandal has almost been entirely focused on Foy. The only promotion Bettany has actively been a part of has been the FYC ads for the show which you’d be forgiven for missing that he’s in it considering how much they emphasise Foy. When pundits write articles about this race and use images of contending series they always use a still that just has Foy in it (and even the image in the predictions centre odds for the show is of Foy) which isn’t the case with these other two hander series.

Whilst I’m no longer predicting her, I still think Foy can be name-checked (as with some of the other contenders in these acting categories with similar pedigrees like Edie Falco in the supporting race) because she’s a beloved 2 time Emmy winner who voters have already name-checked to a win in the guest acting categories last year and she’s been campaigning but I don’t see how Bettany could get in if voters aren’t actually watching the show.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

This is people predicting Bettany to win for WandaVision while Olsen sits fourth in the odds all over again. Was never going to happen.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I’ll preface that I’m predicting neither to get nominated but I’m somewhat surprised that Claire Foy is drifting in the Gold Derby odds (and in some pundit predictions) for A Very British Scandal whilst Paul Bettany has stayed in the predictions centre top 6 when Foy’s performance was not only much more acclaimed but Bettany is also a much more secondary lead.

Not only have I never heard this supposed fact, but I also heard and read in many places that Bettany outshone. In fact, that was my reaction on watching. Foy didn’t do anything special that we haven’t seen before (which imo diminished her previous work a little), while Bettany was truly original and something else quite triggering. And as I say, my reaction aligns with the reviews I read, including on here.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

A LOT of projecting going on in here..

A Very British Scandal review – Claire Foy is masterful as the ‘dirty duchess’ out for blood

A Very British Scandal review: Claire Foy shines in the saddest and most stylish drama this year

A Very British Scandal review: Claire Foy remains queen of period drama as she takes on delightfully ‘dirty duchess’

A Very British Scandal review: Claire Foy is at the top of her game in a deliciously dark period piece

Review: Claire Foy brings complexity to a disgraced duchess in A Very British Scandal

A Very British Scandal review — Foy reigns supreme in a story of sex, lies and unhappy aristocrats

A Very British Scandal review: Claire Foy impresses as the Duchess but the script can’t match her performance

A Very British Scandal: Claire Foy is simply superb in Amazon’s right Royal spat

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Leto is an Oscar winner, like him or not, and he’s been on media with Morbius, even if it’s negative press. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got that 6th slot in that barren category (Keaton, Firth, Stan, Isaac and Garfield, in this order, feel all completely locked to me). I have Samuel L. Jackson and I feel good about it because he’s talking a lot about how he wanted to have had more Oscar recognition.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Humanitas has announced the nominees for The 46th annual Humanitas Prizes, which celebrates the craft of screenwriting. Across nine juried categories, which include both television and film, 47 writers are nominated for their work.

Get that writing win 😌

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Gil Birmingham let’s gooooo!

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Can they announce the nominations already please.

Profile picture
    Deloys
    Topics:

Hey GoldDerby Editors,

Here’s an interesting puzzle to solve. On June 23, The Los Angeles Times named the Disney+ flick Better Nate Than Ever as one of the top nine contenders for Best TV Movie. The problem is the teen comedy wasn’t submitted for the prize. Did Disney err? What do the actors, director and writers think of the missed opportunity?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Can they announce the nominations already please.

I can’t believe we are still technically in the nomination voting period.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Keaton, Foster, Isaac, Firth, Garfield, & Bettany. Don’t think I’m gonna get there with predicting Stan, but there’s still time. He would replace Bettany in theory. I have a feeling Jackson will struggle to be seen by voters, and Leto has too much baggage attached to him right now. I’m fine with the current lineup though.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.